Prime1 Giger Alien (Big Chap)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I get the sense that they don't really want this to be wall mounted at all, nor do they want to actually sell any kits. It's entirely a loophole to make the statue they wanted to make in their chosen scale. And that's fine, I wouldn't want to wall mount this in a million years.

I do wonder the same about the back wall of the base itself. I would guess it will come as two separate pieces in the box. As a floor part and a wall part. I could not imagine it would be produced in one piece. So there is the option to display with the floor piece only. At least that is what I hope for.

With the wall it must weigh a ton. Too bad they are including it no matter what. I'd take wall-less at a lower price if that was an option.

With the wall it must weigh a ton. Too bad they are including it no matter what. I'd take wall-less at a lower price if that was an option.

Agreed 100%.

I don?t really care for the wall sculpture at all. I?ll be completely happy with a stand alone statue without that wall as well. It just distracts and looks too busy. I want a stand alone Big Chap, and yes, it would be much cheaper priced.

I suspect that if the wall is made of polystone. Not only would it be heavy as heck, but man, that tall vertical heavy thing like that...fragile as hell.

I live in Northern California, earthquake country. I do have museum putty on all my statues...but that wall sculpture has me worried.

I?m going to email Prime 1 again...ask them what exactly the wall sculpture is made off, because on the description, it?s says polystone and other materials.

I sure do hope the wall structure is made of a lighter resin or something, heck, I?ll even take PVC, lol...

I do wonder the same about the back wall of the base itself. I would guess it will come as two separate pieces in the box. As a floor part and a wall part. I could not imagine it would be produced in one piece. So there is the option to display with the floor piece only. At least that is what I hope for.

I?ll ask Prime 1 that too.

Just sent Prime 1 this message:

I do have another question.

Is the Big Chap base and the wall sculpted together or are they two separate pieces that you attach?

Also, is the wall sculpture itself heavy and made of polystone? Or is the wall made of a lighter material like resin or PVC?

Just trying to find out all the information before I order.

Thanks again.

Just sent Prime 1 this message:

I do have another question.

Is the Big Chap base and the wall sculpted together or are they two separate pieces that you attach?

Also, is the wall sculpture itself heavy and made of polystone? Or is the wall made of a lighter material like resin or PVC?

Just trying to find out all the information before I order.

Thanks again.

Thanks allot. That?s a great question catalogue. Many things are still super unclear here. And now with not open shows like in former years (Summer Wonderfest etc.) it is very hard to decide. Many videos of such shows are in cases a deal maker. But now, only the material the producing companies provide have to sell the products. Hard choices.

Thanks allot. That?s a great question catalogue. Many things are still super unclear here. And now with not open shows like in former years (Summer Wonderfest etc.) it is very hard to decide. Many videos of such shows are in cases a deal maker. But now, only the material the producing companies provide have to sell the products. Hard choices.

Just got a response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The base and the wall are two pieces, but we are sorry but we are not certain of the
material for the wall sculpture yet. It is still being tested and we don't know what
will be used for the final released product.

If you have some concerns and worries about the product, we suggest that you could
wait a bit longer before ordering it. We should be able to answer you more product
details by then.

Please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Prime 1 Studio

Man, looks like they are making this on the fly.

I’m not preordering until I know for sure what I’m buying...

This late and they still dont know what materials to use. hmmm

Just got a response:

Thank you for contacting us.

The base and the wall are two pieces, but we are sorry but we are not certain of the
material for the wall sculpture yet. It is still being tested and we don't know what
will be used for the final released product.

If you have some concerns and worries about the product, we suggest that you could
wait a bit longer before ordering it. We should be able to answer you more product
details by then.

Please do not hesitate to contact us If you have any other questions.

Warm regards,

Prime 1 Studio

Thanks for the effort Galactusz. Well, at least we know it is two pieces and the back wall part could stay in the box. I just would wish now they just send it out without that one and it comes at a later time as "extra" part. Like they did with the Batman and the cape holder pillar.

The cape holder was created to solve a problem that came to light after release, it was never intended to be part of the original package.

There could be an ugly hole in the base that the wall slots into so just because it is a separate piece does not mean that it will display well without it.

A huge key hole in the back of the base. I love the wall personally, the details on it are the same as the gates Brett passes through. Or Parker in this picture.
7397d9aab4b53522b0799f0fdcf1a15e.jpg

More I see more i like. =). Except the bloody price haha

So I wanted to do my own little measuring for the height of prime1s Aliens in comparison to their Alien3 piece. The standing Alien Vhap is taller than the wall where the action pose is slightly shorter. 20200805_143259.jpg

So how'd that egg get there?

:monkey3

It's a custom i made myself. I have made the molds and I cast them in resin. Airbrushed and finished with clear resin. Its true to a 1/3 Alien3 egg. But that egg was slightly smaller than the other films. I plan on doing Gigers original one slit egg for the chap.

Back