Statue Prime 1 Witcher Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
13906676_1721394724792911_3758250639865978600_n.jpg

They look great! I love playing the series and the style and they've done an amazing job of capturing that. Unfortunately with what I've seen of Prime1 price points, I don't think I should even look at these things. I'm a fan of the art aspect of statues but in my context, above $400-$600 is above my price point. Even at that, many in my circle would wag a finger at me if they knew I was paying that much for this art. Above $600? Someone will pay it, but not me (no disrespect to the creators and company intended).

Are these 1/3 scale like most of Prime 1's stuff? I want that Geralt but I don't know if I can justify it. :(

Are these 1/3 scale like most of Prime 1's stuff? I want that Geralt but I don't know if I can justify it. :(

They are 1/4 ....which I'm happy with because that massive base Geralt is standing on means he's going to a squeeze into my display spaces !

They look great! I love playing the series and the style and they've done an amazing job of capturing that. Unfortunately with what I've seen of Prime1 price points, I don't think I should even look at these things. I'm a fan of the art aspect of statues but in my context, above $400-$600 is above my price point. Even at that, many in my circle would wag a finger at me if they knew I was paying that much for this art. Above $600? Someone will pay it, but not me (no disrespect to the creators and company intended).

Yeah I know what you're saying :D
But with standard Sideshow PFs now regularly being around $500 and this being PRIME1 + having an enormous detailed base, my guess is $700.

seems bizarre to want to go sculpted then.

Less realism and sense of "high-end" for a higher cost? Wtf.

Oh alright then, I've read numerous times it can cost more to do fully sculpted than mixed media but I don't collect statues so just passing along what I've read

As a one-time garage kits player, I personally think going mixed media cost more production cost than fully sculpted. You need tailors/sculptors and entire line of production to manufacturing all those pieces. While you need only painters to mass-manufacturing fully sculpted statue, minus the one that's REAL heavy of course.

Oh alright then, I've read numerous times it can cost more to do fully sculpted than mixed media but I don't collect statues so just passing along what I've read

No you are right it can and does actually a lot. However the MM on these would be minimal if they did do it. Leather can get expensive but nobody uses it (or if they do it's the ****tiest cheapest stuff they can get).

No you are right it can and does actually a lot. However the MM on these would be minimal if they did do it. Leather can get expensive but nobody uses it (or if they do it's the ****tiest cheapest stuff they can get).

How does it cost more to do fully sculpted than mixed media?
Mixed media involves an entirely separate production line going on and still requires the full sculpting/painting to the most difficult part (head sculpt)
There is a reason all these smaller newer companies aren't involving themselves with MM and only do fully sculpted. I don't think its because they enjoy paying more. Sideshow are going to be the only ones left soon and even they are slowly moving away from it.

Can you imagine how difficult and expensive it would be to do Geralt's armor on this statue ?

Back