Statue Prime 1 Witcher Line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am talking about Prime1 statues. I have seen another thread on a different forum where people discussed about statue of Eredin. One user criticised them for makig those statues look so boring, to which Prime 1 employee responded, that they didn't want this particular statue to stand out from the line. Which in other words mean (and that has been proved by time and new photos their shared) that the whole lineup is designed like this. In literary the most boring way ever. He also added that they cannot satisfy everyone with their choices. That is like one of the dumbest excuses one could possibly make. Most of the people (like 99.99%) who are going to buy those statues wouldnt mind if the poses were more dynamic (not talking about something over the top of course). At this point I am not even sure what do we pay for. Chunk of polystone, painted by a low-paid chinesee factory worker isnt worth that much. Sure there are details, sure there paint apps are good, but there is literary nothing more, maybe except for the size (which, obviously and amazingly, is the only selling point). Look at those statues and compare them with their cheaper pvc alternatives that are going to come out some time this year (at 30-40$ each, by dark horse). The only miniscule difference is are the details (pvc is not as sharp obviously), except only for the size. Poses for the statues are literary the same (wouldnt be surprised if they were designed using the same files provided by CDProjekt RED, which would confirm my point of them being just lazy bastards). To my it's insane that you somebody is willing to spend such exhorbitant amount of money and not really have any expectations. If you ask me what a good design is, then like I said, look at some of the Sideshow statues, such as fall of the empire, Boromir (captain of gondor), mythos Kenobi and Vader. Now imagine them in boring, tree stump poses. All the magic would be gone if its just going to be a regular, stock model, seen on pretty much every single promotional material for the game (most of which looked terribly boring imho).

And seriously, go ahead and compare the dark horse and prime 1 withcer statues.

I personally dislike dynamic poses as I usually find them to be cheesy. Museum poses are classy. Less is more type thing imo. Saying 99.99% wouldn't care is just invalid. Calling the artists lazy because you disagree with the art direction is insane by the way. And why would the magic be gone if they exact replicate the source material?

Not a big fan of 'museum poses'
...dynamic and battle damaged please!

I did see the 1/3 scale Geralt is apparently going to be in some rare little worn armor which seems insane for a huge expensive statue ..... Wolf or bear school!! (Was really hoping for bear)

Thanks for bringing the DH set to my attention. I think with a custom paint job I can transcend those into some pretty nice display pieces. I'm expecting them to be like the GOT figures DH does, so paints are definitely going to be in order for these. I may do a resculpt on Geralt's hair; Triss and Ciri look very very good though.

But Witcher merch is Witcher merch, and I'll make the best of it. Prime 1 is nice, but the prices are a bit difficult to swallow. Plus the former gives me a chance to exercise my creative side, something I need to do more often anyway.

That's not to say that the Prime 1 stuff doesn't look stunning. If I had oodles of money I would buy the whole set. But alas, I have to weigh it against other preorders and life.

Thanks for bringing the DH set to my attention. I think with a custom paint job I can transcend those into some pretty nice display pieces. I'm expecting them to be like the GOT figures DH does, so paints are definitely going to be in order for these. I may do a resculpt on Geralt's hair; Triss and Ciri look very very good though.

But Witcher merch is Witcher merch, and I'll make the best of it. Prime 1 is nice, but the prices are a bit difficult to swallow. Plus the former gives me a chance to exercise my creative side, something I need to do more often anyway.

That's not to say that the Prime 1 stuff doesn't look stunning. If I had oodles of money I would buy the whole set. But alas, I have to weigh it against other preorders and life.

That's all dependent. You have to consider for the pricing of what Prime 1 has been doing for 1/3 is literally a steal. The new PCS Ryu is 900 bucks, and while I have to acknowledge that it is a much lower ES, Prime 1, for example, has the Harley Quinn for about 930, but includes several heads, several arms, and extra accessories. Ryu from what I know doesn't have much more to offer than as is.

Not putting down PCS, but it's a good example to show the difference in cost. As for the 1/4 stuff, it will be what they consider dioramas, as the bases will includes monsters or whatever. Also they are closer to a 1/3.5 scale than 1/4. So 700+ for fantastic paint, badass bases, a ****-ton of accessories, the price may be difficult for some, but I wouldn't put it down due to a personal level.

That's all dependent. You have to consider for the pricing of what Prime 1 has been doing for 1/3 is literally a steal. The new PCS Ryu is 900 bucks, and while I have to acknowledge that it is a much lower ES, Prime 1, for example, has the Harley Quinn for about 930, but includes several heads, several arms, and extra accessories. Ryu from what I know doesn't have much more to offer than as is.

Not putting down PCS, but it's a good example to show the difference in cost. As for the 1/4 stuff, it will be what they consider dioramas, as the bases will includes monsters or whatever. Also they are closer to a 1/3.5 scale than 1/4. So 700+ for fantastic paint, badass bases, a ****-ton of accessories, the price may be difficult for some, but I wouldn't put it down due to a personal level.

In a way I agree but the ryu looks great right out of the game, and extra heads wont work on him anyway because you would see the attach lines love the light-up in evil RYU :) but I do know what you are saying
The pay in full Always helps with PCS, my Ryu wont be 900 thats all I know:)

No statue is a steal at $900+
These do not cost double a 1/4 scale statue to make (priced around $450)
Little to no mixed media clothing dramatically reduces cost as well.

Don't get me wrong ... I'm all for big statues and i'm a fan of 1/3 ....but let's not convince ourselves we're getting a great deal when we buy them :)

Last edited:
Never said it was, I said this was all subjective. I'd rather spend 1k on a P1 piece than 1k on an XM. P1 in my case is bigger, more realistic paint job, and larger selection of my favorite characters.

Would a Euro collector agree with me? Nope.

So once more, how am I wrong to consider that a steal?

Well yes, comparing it to an even more overpriced product definitely makes it seem cheaper. I try not to use that as a form of logic though.

Even better, compare to Cinemaquette 1/3 scale and then we can feel that not only is it a steal but we're actually committing a crime by getting it so cheap! :)

Very true, it is in a sense a poor logical explanation; however, for me as a collector it's night and day. I have spent nearly 2k on XM Phoenix, and if I could be taken back to that point, I'd rather get Deathstroke and Batman.

I mean XM even at retail is hitting about 600 ish as retail. So I'll definitely just drop about 200 bucks (pre-shipping of XM) and get a bigger piece with a realistic sculpt.

If I was in the statue market, I could justify it more. But I stick to HT as my high end prices. That's why it's a whole load more than I'm used to plunking down on a collectible is all. These look great, and if I didn't have to be super selective with my purchases and could go all out, I wouldn't hesitate with them.

hi, I mainly not a statue guy. in fact the witcher line might be my only statues.
I waited pretty long for witcher action figure, but it seems none will ever come out.
Hopefully the price is reasonable enough with multiple display options

So we got teasers for almost all the characters in the line, but after that nothing but Transformers/Batman releases. Anyone knows if they're still working on this? Anything on display at SDCC?

I asked about it the other day and it was confirmed that Sunday at Wonderfest they will be revealed. Their reasoning is due to the different markets these will appeal to and limited spacing at this years con didnt allow them to reveal them at SDCC.

Back