Statue Prime 1 - The Dark Knight III: The Master Race Batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sounds like a great aftermarket project for someone....though I do wonder if the size of the bases also play a part in why there never seems to be a leaning issue or any issue with pieces fall over...that big base may just be a great security blanket we are not thinking of.

Size of the bases doesn't bother me at all and if anything they SHOULD be grand considering how much you're paying and how large the character itself is. And while P1 is great with its changes for customers, I most certainly do not see them saying "Oh you're right, here you go. Smaller base and we'll even lower the price ~$100." Not gonna happen. If I'm going to be paying ~$1,000 for these statues, give me grand scale/design on the whole thing. Not just the character.

The based the character and the base on the artwork. Frankly, I'd be disappointed if they didn't match the base to the artwork.

I’m not sold on this yet. I own the original P1 DKR and was pretty much set on getting this as well but as awesome as Batman looks, the base ruins it for me. Not sure why P1 felt the need to over compensate as their work already speaks for itself, but the size of the wings and the eagle’s head creates too much visual weight. This piece could benefit by taking away some of that clutter and creating balance through negative space. If they could improve the base somehow by taking away chunks here and there and breaking up the stone work on the wings and eagle, going for a more weathered/impartial look, I think it would make a much stronger piece. As is, the base is too dominant over the figure.

Especially when you see foto from a distance away, really show how dominant the base is.

I don't mind the base having a real presence I just wish they could reduce the depth of them but yeah that's a selfish point of view due to my own lack of space.

I think it boils down to whether people have ebough space, those who are into 1/3 scale likely have a lot of room and money, whereas there are some who only have 1 or 2 third scale and running out of space. If I wanted to branch out into 1/3 I would want an epic base personally, but they can't please everyone. Just remember that these are extravagances and should be epic

Its also possible to dremel some useless parts off the bigger bases if they just doesnt fit inside the cabinet :wink1:

14a3065e3f918ed41204414ef30c54bb.jpg

bb6775faf08e928fe1160641126465eb.jpg

244f739bac44fd7fa9130fdefcb8d373.jpg

788d167fb455b289e8c75f8e7332b925.jpg

Fantastic pics :clap love the side view to match the artwork - almost enough to make me consider it...

I'm thinking of tapping out on getting this.

Not only do I have too many preorders, but my 'current' display setups wouldn't be able to accomodate the individual footprint of this grand statue.

I'm thinking of tapping out on getting this.

Not only do I have too many preorders, but my 'current' display setups wouldn't be able to accomodate the individual footprint of this grand statue.

A problem every collector have, no more space haha

Back