Statue Prime 1 - The Dark Knight III: The Master Race Batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why are they calling it Master Race Batman? It is the Dark Knight Returns Batman...different artists made cover from the Dark Knight Rerutns from iconic scenes...this is one of them...yeah it was in the Master Race comics...but the character itself is from Miller's classics.

Anywhere between 1 week and several months lol.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

lol hopefully it's more than one week but less than several months then. I'd struggle to afford the deposit right now with paying for recent figure releases. A month or two would be perfect.

Wish they'd give us a look at the switchouts. I to would rather not display him holding the rifle.

Why are they calling it Master Race Batman? It is the Dark Knight Returns Batman...different artists made cover from the Dark Knight Rerutns from iconic scenes...this is one of them...yeah it was in the Master Race comics...but the character itself is from Miller's classics.

It don't care about nor do I mind the "Master Race" tag, but I guess they're calling it that because of the actual license. Thank goodness that they could base them on the covers that were based on iconic scenes from the original series. It's kinda like the loophole on the Black/Grey version that's actually under the Arkham game license as a skin, but the figure was based on another of Del-Otto's variants for DKIII (though the sculpt was mirrored) :)

lol hopefully it's more than one week but less than several months then. I'd struggle to afford the deposit right now with paying for recent figure releases. A month or two would be perfect.

Wish they'd give us a look at the switchouts. I to would rather not display him holding the rifle.

I think the Black/Grey TDKR from Prime 1 went live for PO around late July or early August of 2016, can't recall though if the prototype was first seen in full in SDCC 2016. If it goes live for PO within a few weeks I might just sell a statue to fund the deposit :) This would also bump Prime1xSideshow New 52 1/4 Batman off of my must-buy list, too.

Personally, if everything we see on here comes with the regular, I'd be a very happy camper. It's got everything I need to represent an iconic scene, including the the long-range grappling gun.

I believe it was stated in a video I saw that it was still pending approval from DC, obviously I have no idea how long that part tends to take. What's P1's history in regards to the first full reveal of a statue and how long it takes to go on PO from that time?

Regardless, I'll be PO'ing whatever day that ends up being. And cancelling my Batman Hush.

I believe it was stated in a video I saw that it was still pending approval from DC, obviously I have no idea how long that part tends to take. What's P1's history in regards to the first full reveal of a statue and how long it takes to go on PO from that time?

Regardless, I'll be PO'ing whatever day that ends up being. And cancelling my Batman Hush.

I've got a feeling you won't be the only one.

I think some of their figures went up for PO about a month or 2 after first full reveal at a show, but of course despite the track record things can go non-sequitur.

IMO if you have the budget and/or space for one (or one more) Prime 1 1/3 Batman, this is the better choice vs Hush.

I do hope whatever that is protruding at the back of the base is removable. These huge bases are great for those with the space to display them but not always practical for the rest of us. I almost wish they did alternate versions with more minimalist bases. Ideally I want to display him in the corner as close to the wall as possible.

always loved this Dell'Otto cover so need this to go along with my book.:lol

Attachments

• DKIII.jpg
    DKIII.jpg
    209.9 KB · Views: 142
I do hope whatever that is protruding at the back of the base is removable. These huge bases are great for those with the space to display them but not always practical for the rest of us. I almost wish they did alternate versions with more minimalist bases. Ideally I want to display him in the corner as close to the wall as possible.

They're wings. I imagine if removed you'll have two large holes in the base. Unless they have hole plugs.

They're wings. I imagine if removed you'll have two large holes in the base. Unless they have hole plugs.

Thank you :lol I probably should have realised they were wings! I'll probably have to put up with the holes then.

I wonder why they are so committed to huge bases. If they took up less room I'd be able to buy more statues and give them more of my money.

Thank you :lol I probably should have realised they were wings! I'll probably have to put up with the holes then.

I wonder why they are so committed to huge bases. If they took up less room I'd be able to buy more statues and give them more of my money.

Ginormous base is why I haven’t ordered Hush Superman. His footprint is huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As most people too. Will be back toward the wall. As nice as the base is, they need to make it easy to display in most collectors home.

As most people too. Will be back toward the wall. As nice as the base is, they need to make it easy to display in most collectors home.

Agree completely. It's frustrating when the statue figures themselves aren't too huge but the base is. Superman Hush takes up little room(other than vertically) but the base makes displaying him very hard unless you have a huge space. A shame they can't have a smaller base option. I really just want the figure and the rest of it to be as minimal as possible meaning I can have more statues, more characters displayed.

Back