Statue Prime 1 - The Dark Knight III: The Master Race Batman 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found on YouTube:- From It's Sisko

The base doesn't look THAT deep. Partly because they didn't have the wings go straight back and instead have them curve to the sides a bit. Which shaves off a 2-3 inches probably.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I really hope they come with a neutral alternate head sculpt. I love this statue but something about his facial expression looks like he’s doing one of those burps out of the corner of mouth to me haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The base doesn't look THAT deep. Partly because they didn't have the wings go straight back and instead have them curve to the sides a bit. Which shaves off a 2-3 inches probably.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Unfortunately it's probably too deep for me to display in my collection.

I'll probably just have to settle for the Dark Knight Returns piece I currently have.

I really hope they come with a neutral alternate head sculpt. I love this statue but something about his facial expression looks like he’s doing one of those burps out of the corner of mouth to me haha!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pass on the statue then. Burping Bat haha

Is it just me or the eagle is the first thing I notice when I look at the statue? The size of it makes me focus on that instead of the actual Batman himself

I can see your concern, but when I saw this in person at SDCC, Batman was the first thing I saw then noticed the eagle afterwards

I can see your concern, but when I saw this in person at SDCC, Batman was the first thing I saw then noticed the eagle afterwards

Especially when the foto is from a distant away, it seems the eagle head is the biggest part of the statue. But if you say bat is the first thing that gets ur focus, great then.

A must buy statue for me, just looks amazing. And I have no doubts there will be at least 1 switch out head, not really concerned about that. I'm not a huge fan of the head that's been shown either but it's a Batman Prime 1 statue....there's going to be a switch out head. Possibly more than 1.

Anyway I imagine this statue is what, a year and a half or more away from actual release? This and the Catwoman Hush statue will most likely be 2 of the final pieces to my statue collection puzzle. I really need to make a decision on the black vs blue Batman Hush statue though and I think in the end I'm leaning towards blue. Blue's my favorite color and that Jim Lee blue costume has always been iconic to me. Can't wait to see all the options on this DKR blue though!

Incredible statue but not sure if I'm getting this, I like my black version more. At least there is a plenty time to make a decision, 2-3 years before this ships I think

Incredible statue but not sure if I'm getting this, I like my black version more. At least there is a plenty time to make a decision, 2-3 years before this ships I think

Once it goes up for preorder, I doubt it'll be any longer then 18-24 months max.

I’m not sold on this yet. I own the original P1 DKR and was pretty much set on getting this as well but as awesome as Batman looks, the base ruins it for me. Not sure why P1 felt the need to over compensate as their work already speaks for itself, but the size of the wings and the eagle’s head creates too much visual weight. This piece could benefit by taking away some of that clutter and creating balance through negative space. If they could improve the base somehow by taking away chunks here and there and breaking up the stone work on the wings and eagle, going for a more weathered/impartial look, I think it would make a much stronger piece. As is, the base is too dominant over the figure.

Why can't they go not go all out on the base and reduce the price of the statue by a little bit. I just want a decent base with an epic hero or villain on it.

Why can't they go not go all out on the base and reduce the price of the statue by a little bit. I just want a decent base with an epic hero or villain on it.

Yea they definitely should tone down bases a bit, I've had to pass many statues because of oversized bases

:goodpost:

The detail they put into the bases is incredible but the average collector doesn't want a base as deep and space consuming as this. I'm fine on the height of these 1/3 scale pieces but just wish they could reduce the depth and width of the bases.

Much of the detail is unseen when displayed close to the wall anyway and I have to believe it's how the majority of us display. For those with huge amounts of space to display them with 360 degree viewing angles I'm very envious!

I agree the bases really make the piece pop even more. Owning now 8 P1 statues, they are definitely epic in looks. The size however will limit how many more I get.

Back