Statue Prime 1 Terminator Endoskeleton statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Very bad headsculpts on all Cinemaquette human characters, hands down. However, there are many that will disagree until the end. They can continue collecting these Cinemaquettes. Guaranteed, they won’t make their investments back. (Predator is probably the only exception, along with the Alien that needs repainting. Lol

Very bad headsculpts on all Cinemaquette human characters, hands down. However, there are many that will disagree until the end. They can continue collecting these Cinemaquettes. Guaranteed, they won’t make their investments back. (Predator is probably the only exception, along with the Alien that needs repainting. Lol

Even Vader doesn't bring retail I don't think. Only ones I would like to have are the Endos and P1, and I could do without as I have the SWS maquette(which is superior IMO to the CM, but would still like both) and will probably at least 1 endo from Prime 1 eventually.

I disagree with that. Iron man is actually pretty good. The Rosenburg likeness is fantastic if you want to consider ECC/CM as one and the same. You term these as "investment" though. This hobby will never be one unless you own the companies themselves.

Even Vader doesn't bring retail I don't think. Only ones I would like to have are the Endos and P1, and I could do without as I have the SWS maquette(which is superior IMO to the CM, but would still like both) and will probably at least 1 endo from Prime 1 eventually.

I haven't seen a Vader under $2k for years, so I think he does go for retail, if not slightly above it.

100% agreed
imho cinemaquette is a disgrace charging so much and having very poor human head sculpt
I don't know why some collectors buy them
glad I stay away from this awful company cant deliver nice realistic face sculpt and charge a lot
they only good at making monsters n robot , but still there predator paint job is nothing like the movie version , just plain awful

Some of Cinemaquette's earlier works are bad, yes. But I don't think their products are awful. Especially in Monster s & Robots. Just a bit too selective and overpriced.

Anyway, nice cosplay figures though:

4550659465_588ee4e81e.jpg

JackSparrow-12-cinemaquette.jpg

100% agreed
imho cinemaquette is a disgrace charging so much and having very poor human head sculpt
I don't know why some collectors buy them
glad I stay away from this awful company cant deliver nice realistic face sculpt and charge a lot
they only good at making monsters n robot , but still there predator paint job is nothing like the movie version , just plain awful

Gosh you guys are very harsh lol. I would agree I would never buy most of their pieces. However If I was to buy one piece from them it would probably be Freddy Krueger 1/3 scale. But I would 100% agree their prices are just plain wrong and in today’s market people have no regrets not buying from them. I rate the Predator as the best piece they ever made. I also rate their monsters pieces but wouldn’t bother buying. The new Jason piece looks fantastic until when you take the mask off Lol it’s bloody terrible in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Some of Cinemaquette's earlier works are bad, yes. But I don't think their products are awful. Especially in Monster s & Robots. Just a bit too selective and overpriced.

Anyway, nice cosplay figures though:

View attachment 401548

View attachment 401549

just hideous and way over price , cinemaquette should be ashamed for this 2 old figures they made very very bad
and yet there are people who bought them when it was out

Hahahaha savage lol

cant stand company like cinemaquette promised to deliver high end collectibles ,
and when the figures comes out its so bad and charge a lot on the price
greedy company
shamed on them
glad I never own a piece of there figures unless its high end collectibles and the price is right

savage but true lol

Regarding CM, I had always assumed they never had likeness rights for the early figures.
My wife bought me their Creature from the Black Lagoon, and while it is quite impressive, the paint on the creature itself could have been much more accurate. However, the sculpt, base and details are untouchable.

Regarding CM, I had always assumed they never had likeness rights for the early figures.
My wife bought me their Creature from the Black Lagoon, and while it is quite impressive, the paint on the creature itself could have been much more accurate. However, the sculpt, base and details are untouchable.

Is that why statues like Bruce Lee and Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones look way off?

What is the point?

I think their Iron Man Piece was the best one so far!

I disagree. The prime 1 endo looks much better in my opinion. Resale may be a pain but outside of a couple of their amazing pieces( pred and the endo spring to mind ) no-one is gonna be lining up to buy the majority of overpriced Cinemaquettes on the aftermarket. Try shifting the god awful Indy, Reeves Superman or T3 T800 and recouping your investment.

Yes sorry your right with Prime 1 Endo in comparison.

Is that why statues like Bruce Lee and Jack Sparrow and Indiana Jones look way off?

What is the point?

I think their Iron Man Piece was the best one so far!

it's a good theory, but I think the sculptors just missed the mark on the older human characters. With IM, I believe Steve Wang even had to come in to adjust the sculpt on it.

it's a good theory, but I think the sculptors just missed the mark on the older human characters. With IM, I believe Steve Wang even had to come in to adjust the sculpt on it.

If I’m not mistaken his eyes are off a little. Kinda hazel. Not sure if that’s lighting

If I’m not mistaken his eyes are off a little. Kinda hazel. Not sure if that’s lighting

how do you mean? RDJ has brown eyes.

Yikes, so the sculpts were just that bad? Well, they are called Elite CREATURE Collectibles.

I think you have CM and ECC confused. While they work together, they are not the same exact company. ECC didn't exist when those older pieces were made.

Back