Statue Prime 1 Supergirl 1/3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SS is more cartoony and yes, less detailed but it still works. Prime 1 definitely benefits from the larger size

Mellissa Benoist is not ugly but she's not exactly hot either... not to mention at 30 she's a bit old to play Supergirl…

As for the neck, it does look less pronounced on Prime 1's, probably because it's detailed out more then SS.... SS neck just looks weird but the EX version looks more normal...

Yeah she doesn’t really match the comic version of supergirl, they also tried to turn her into a pseudo Clark Kent in that show for some reason, I only watched a few episodes and didn’t like it.

The prime one’s Jaw curves down pretty drastically if you look at it from the side, makes the neck look shorter.

Attachments

• A8404542-C144-4A3E-A12E-D3E61C98F5E3.jpeg
    A8404542-C144-4A3E-A12E-D3E61C98F5E3.jpeg
    96.5 KB · Views: 178
I have to say up front I’m not a SG fan. But this is a nice-looking statue.

Just got the SSC notification, seems a lot earlier than the anticipated date originally shown on the website which I think it was supposed to be April-May 2020.

"Your Supergirl Statue will be arriving into our warehouse in approximately 7 days. Your final payment is scheduled for Monday, January 20, 2020.
Please review your order information and make any changes through your online account prior to Friday, January 17."

Just found this video, I guess some people already have it somewhere in the world. Side note, those shoulder seams are deep...

Dang, that statue has some serious gaps in her arms and also where the portrait meets her chest. I would not be happy if that was my statue...

I'm hoping that person simply didn't insert the arms in properly but I'm looking back and some of the other videos where the statue was shown at conventions and not sure why I didn't notice those seams before..

Is it just me or have there been a lot of problems with Prime 1 statues lately? Every single one seems to have issues and the quality doesn't seem to be there compared to their statues from 2-3 years ago. Maybe trying to rush out too many pieces?

I've been reading that recently as well in relation to the whole quality issue. The latest piece I've had from P1 would be Hush Superman and as far as I know it was fine in my eyes, not sure if there are other specific P1 statues that had many QC problems.

These statues are getting way too pricey anyways so Supergirl will probably be my last so I'm hoping I end on a good note.

I think she looks fantastic in the video- not on my radar but now....uh oh...

Sure hope that was a mistake ...cause those seam gaps are outrageous in that video.

Back