Prime 1 Studios Grimlock and Optimus Prime Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went with the optimus version, since im not going to buy the full scale optimus (knight version).
...which could be a mistake! what are you thinking? New Optimus prime standalone can be displayed with Sentinel prime, Shockwave, or Galvatron that will release next year.
OK, Shockwave no, he goes for the Optimus dotm.

...which could be a mistake! what are you thinking? New Optimus prime standalone can be displayed with Sentinel prime, Shockwave, or Galvatron that will release next year.
OK, Shockwave no, he goes for the Optimus dotm.

I dont think that the Knight version is a good representation of Optimus. I think that the DOTM version is the best yet. And for the prices they are going around here.....you cant have them all...... :)

I'm leaning towards the Prime 1 Optimus (Ultimate Version) - but this Grimlock combo is still tempting me. Does anyone know where I can still find this?

Anyone have this and care to chime in? (Please. :lol)

I have a chance to get one. SUPER tempted. Looks amazing, and I'm wanting to know if quality holds up in person (compared to pics).

This is a great piece. It's very impressive in person with the size and detail. A must have for any transformers fan. Get it you won't regret it.

This is a great piece. It's very impressive in person with the size and detail. A must have for any transformers fan. Get it you won't regret it.

Agreed. I didn't think twice about ordering when it became available.

Thanks for the comments. I secured Grimlock w/ Optimus. I put him on Flex Pay, but looking to have him soon.

big congrats in advance! was it through Sideshow?

Yeah, through Sideshow. I was worried that it was a return (QC problems), but when I called they told me that some Flex Pay customers are finishing last payments and a few cancellations were made. So fingers crossed QC is excellent. I'm betting I get one shot with this one.

Yeah, through Sideshow. I was worried that it was a return (QC problems), but when I called they told me that some Flex Pay customers are finishing last payments and a few cancellations were made. So fingers crossed QC is excellent. I'm betting I get one shot with this one.

congrats bro, I got mine few weeks ago but have an issue with leg not inserted fully to the body, they are contacting Prime1 for replacement but things aren't looking very promising :(

& be very very very careful with optimus prime, he is VERY fragile.

congrats bro, I got mine few weeks ago but have an issue with leg not inserted fully to the body, they are contacting Prime1 for replacement but things aren't looking very promising :(

That sucks. Are you still able to display it at least or no?

So Sideshow didn't have any replacements and they're hoping to get one from Prime?

& be very very very careful with optimus prime, he is VERY fragile.

Good to know. Thank you. This is a huge purchase for me. Super nervous. This will probably be an all-day affair when I go to unbox it. :lol

Any specific advice on displaying him? Should I just keep in standing on his own - off of Grimlock?

That sucks. Are you still able to display it at least or no?

So Sideshow didn't have any replacements and they're hoping to get one from Prime?

The peg is only 25% inserted which might cause leaning or fall down with time. Actually Sideshow told me they dont have replacement & they dont think prime1 has because it's sold out & out of production. I had to contact Prime1 & they are now checking & communicating with Sideshow.

The peg is only 25% inserted which might cause leaning or fall down with time. Actually Sideshow told me they dont have replacement & they dont think prime1 has because it's sold out & out of production. I had to contact Prime1 & they are now checking & communicating with Sideshow.

I might just pay this off quick and get it in-hand. This has me worried. :lol

Wow.

Is this your first Prime 1 piece?

Good to know. Thank you. This is a huge purchase for me. Super nervous. This will probably be an all-day affair when I go to unbox it. :lol

Any specific advice on displaying him? Should I just keep in standing on his own - off of Grimlock?

on his own, the piece is majestic. off grimlock looks like a toy IMHO. Again, be careful with OP, his accessories doesnt stick firmly on his body (& dont try to force it) specially those shoulders & waist "pads". Also when u attach the arms & head, be careful when u press them to the peg, make sure u dont squeeze other fragile parts in the process.
d2da1644f90f7a7e7db75a28ad4b21c4.jpg

Awesome pic!!

I'll definitely be updating this thread when it arrives. May get some more advice from you.

Any other QC concerns with yours?

Back