Prime 1 Studio - Wonder Woman - Training Outfit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't think the paint on proto didn't look that good when looking at in videos and pictures taken at the convention. The eye paint looks sloppy in the picture below.

training sculpt.jpg

I thought the paint only looked good on their promo images, which I am guessing were photoshopped.

I didn't think the paint on proto didn't look that good when looking at in videos and pictures taken at the convention. The eye paint looks sloppy in the picture below.

View attachment 461537

I thought the paint only looked good on their promo images, which I am guessing were photoshopped.

No matter which one, it’s still better than what I got in hand.

And it doesn’t help matters that the eyes look slightly off on mine sometimes. And when I took a few close up shots it made it appear even more apparent.

Profile shots of this piece look great imo. In fact the photo looks better than the statue for some reason. It’s almost like from a couple of feet away, it looks like it’s got no fine detail, but in the below shot that’s not the case at all.

2FB6EA9B-6AB7-4E3D-9D75-36CFD2C6FF14.jpg

So are you saying this piece has googly eyes? Yes in that picture I can see fine detail in the skin like freckles but it lacks the skin tones, it just looks really plain. I am guessing the reason why you can see the skin details sometimes and not others is because its translucent resin.

And I would have to agree going by your picture that the profile shots look great.

Last edited:
I blame Infinity Studio for all of this [emoji34]

Enviado desde mi G8441 mediante Tapatalk

:lol

Phoenixblazes, I think the pic you posted definitely looks like Gal. Anxious to see more pics. By the way, I should have the Justice League Batman in hand on Monday - can't wait!

So are you saying this piece has googly eyes? Yes in that picture I can see fine detail in the skin like freckles but it lacks the skin tones, it just looks really plain. I am guessing the reason why you can see the skin details sometimes and not others is because its translucent resin.

And I would have to agree going by your picture that the profile shots look great.

Unfortunately I do believe the iris’ on mine are probably a bit too far apart from each other. From the so called normal viewing distance it’s maybe okay, but up close things start to look a bit wonky. Though I did say the same on my recent Bats, and ended up sort of changing my mind later on :dunno

And yes, the skin tones are definitely lacking, which is why I originally said I believe there was a significant drop in the paint quality from the original prototype. And I doubt it would take all that much to bring it near to that quality. Probably just a bit of shading, but that’s beyond my own capabilities as I would just end up making it far worse.

I blame both! :wink1:

For Infinity’s infinitely better piece, and Prime 1’s for their usually high standards. I even had issues with their paint applications on the recent JL Bats. It wasn’t bad, just a downgrade from what I’m used to getting from them. I hope this doesn’t continue, but for whatever reason I think it will.

:lol

Phoenixblazes, I think the pic you posted definitely looks like Gal. Anxious to see more pics. By the way, I should have the Justice League Batman in hand on Monday - can't wait!

It’s sort of like the 1/2 scale where the likeness is definitely in the sculpt, but more so on profile shots. But while I think the Training sculpt is better than the 1/2 scale, without the proper skin tones / shading something is lost on the front on shots.

A few comparison shots. These two scale together quite well.

6EE4E14F-81B4-4D58-A88F-27DF50A2E50D.jpg

F855A9F9-FC71-4E6D-8871-860EFFDD4052.jpg

577F646F-F79F-47D1-B4CC-59433D07D304.jpg

F422B48C-55CE-4ED5-98F9-852DB41C77A9.jpg

3192D6F2-6474-4D6D-9952-196D07EFD76C.jpg

And I can’t believe I didn’t notice that I left the WW Emblem in the box over the weekend :slap That is until I took the above photos.

Unfortunately I do believe the iris’ on mine are probably a bit too far apart from each other. From the so called normal viewing distance it’s maybe okay, but up close things start to look a bit wonky. Though I did say the same on my recent Bats, and ended up sort of changing my mind later on :dunno

Hmm that sucks.

And yes, the skin tones are definitely lacking, which is why I originally said I believe there was a significant drop in the paint quality from the original prototype.

After seeing your pictures I would have to agree, I was not a fan of the paint job on the proto but it was acceptable to me, this is pretty bad, the eyebrows look like they drawn on with a magic maker.

And I doubt it would take all that much to bring it near to that quality. Probably just a bit of shading, but that’s beyond my own capabilities as I would just end up making it far worse.

Yeah I would most likely end up making mine worse to if I tried to touch it up. What bothers me the most about this is the amount of people praising this on facebook groups, how is Prime going to improve if they don't get the message that the paint job on this is unacceptable. Now I am worried about buying the Ultimate WW, given how badly they painted this. :(

Hmm that sucks.

After seeing your pictures I would have to agree, I was not a fan of the paint job on the proto but it was acceptable to me, this is pretty bad, the eyebrows look like they drawn on with a magic maker.

Yeah I would most likely end up making mine worse to if I tried to touch it up. What bothers me the most about this is the amount of people praising this on facebook groups, how is Prime going to improve if they don't get the message that the paint job on this is unacceptable. Now I am worried about buying the Ultimate WW, given how badly they painted this. :(

Actually I don’t think the eyebrows are that bad. Or rather they were good enough for me that it’s not an issue for me. In fact up close they’re partially made up of very fine lines, and my shots may be washing those details out a bit. Just wish there were a bit more tones/shades in the face is all. The translucent resin mix certainly helps matters, but it’s not quite enough by itself. But the translucent resin as is, is better than most Sideshow skin tones.

But honestly I thought the prototype paint application, or at least those on the promotional shots were picture perfect.

Actually I don’t think the eyebrows are that bad. Or rather they were good enough for me that it’s not an issue for me. In fact up close they’re partially made up of very fine lines, and my shots may be washing those details out a bit. Just wish there were a bit more tones/shades in the face is all. The translucent resin mix certainly helps matters, but it’s not quite enough by itself. But the translucent resin as is, is better than most Sideshow skin tones.

Agreed, if it wasn't for u specifically saying that there is not enough shading or tones, I would think the translucent resin was the reason u couldn't see these features.

But honestly I thought the prototype paint application, or at least those on the promotional shots were picture perfect.

Yeah the promo shots on Sideshows website look perfect but I was never a fan of the paint job on the piece in the videos. Not saying it was bad just didn't look as life like as the pics on their promo images.

I'm getting worried about upcoming P1 pieces, if they all will have reduced quality compared to the prototype :(

Phoenixblazes, I think the Wonder Woman and Batman do scale well together. Also, both statue likenesses look 20 times better IMO than the SSC 1/4 versions. Regardless, the key is whether you are happy with them and if you are, congrats! Thanks for the pictures too. I should get my Batman today (my first 1/3 piece) and I am pumped.

I'm getting worried about upcoming P1 pieces, if they all will have reduced quality compared to the prototype :(

I was just reminded, that the drop in quality isn’t nearly as severe as the SS WW PF...... either one. It’s like night and day.

Phoenixblazes, I think the Wonder Woman and Batman do scale well together. Also, both statue likenesses look 20 times better IMO than the SSC 1/4 versions. Regardless, the key is whether you are happy with them and if you are, congrats! Thanks for the pictures too. I should get my Batman today (my first 1/3 piece) and I am pumped.

I agree, much better than the Sideshow pieces. Didn’t even purchase the SS WW piece, because we all knew they probably couldn’t produce anything in the vicinity of their prototype, and I’m about to box up and give the SS Batfleck piece to my brother.

No matter which one, it’s still better than what I got in hand.

And it doesn’t help matters that the eyes look slightly off on mine sometimes. And when I took a few close up shots it made it appear even more apparent.

Profile shots of this piece look great imo. In fact the photo looks better than the statue for some reason. It’s almost like from a couple of feet away, it looks like it’s got no fine detail, but in the below shot that’s not the case at all.

2FB6EA9B-6AB7-4E3D-9D75-36CFD2C6FF14.jpg

The above photo showing the side profile looks good. Other photos like front onwards or slighty to either side are not as good. Maybe it's due to the paint apps or the lighting. Still a great statue though. The promo pics of the prototype, now that these are being shipped, looked to me to be photoshopped.

I wonder how this would have looked like if Queen or Infinity Studios made the exact same statue in silicon with glass eyes, rooted hair, eyebrows and eyelashes? Probably cost abit too!

The above photo showing the side profile looks good. Other photos like front onwards or slighty to either side are not as good. Maybe it's due to the paint apps or the lighting. Still a great statue though. The promo pics of the prototype, now that these are being shipped, looked to me to be photoshopped.

Either that or they just painted the the original proto better and use lighting in a special way that makes the flesh tones more obvious. The paint job on this prototype does not look good in this video below and looks similar to the paint job on the final product.

I wonder how this would have looked like if Queen or Infinity Studios made the exact same statue in silicon with glass eyes, rooted hair, eyebrows and eyelashes? Probably cost abit too!

Those two companies are the only ones that produce pieces that are look 100% life -like.

Last edited:
Back