Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I opened mine up finally. Massive piece. The base is super heavy. I have a few issues / concerns.

1. Scuff on crotch (see photos). It's minor, but I'm not sure if I should do anything about it.
2. Cape over left shoulder has a gap (see photos). I actually removed it and it's already chipping paint off underneath. Do other owners have this issue?
3. I have the boot gap issue. Hoping it will reduce over time like it has for others.

20170923_143128.jpg20170923_143129.jpg20170923_143149.jpg20170923_143151.jpg20170923_154025.jpg20170923_143204.jpg20170923_143207.jpg

Last edited:
I had boot gap but it fixed itself in a couple days. I have also that cape gap, tried to shorten the peg with dremel but it didn't help, just have to live with it :dunno

I noticed the cape wedge piece has scuff marks on his left side. It looks like it's not going all the way in. Did you try shortening the cape bottom or side?

Only bottom, now that I think about it, those sides are probably causing that gap

I'm surprised that neither Sideshow nor Prime 1 updated this figure's specs on their websites. NO updated details on the dimensions as well as the weight.

Anyone measureed or at least have a guesstimate of how the statue weighs? I'll be looking around for a new shelf or maybe end up having one made and I was thinking I should be sure that it can hold.

I'm surprised that neither Sideshow nor Prime 1 updated this figure's specs on their websites. NO updated details on the dimensions as well as the weight.

Anyone measureed or at least have a guesstimate of how the statue weighs? I'll be looking around for a new shelf or maybe end up having one made and I was thinking I should be sure that it can hold.

You're in LUCK! I weighed it today and calculated around 42.8 lbs. By "calculate", I mean I weighed myself, then held the beast, then did very complicated math.

You're in LUCK! I weighed it today and calculated around 42.8 lbs. By "calculate", I mean I weighed myself, then held the beast, then did very complicated math.

Thanks buddy! Lucky indeed -- this would help a lot! Congrats on getting yours already, btw. I heard the foot gap issue fixed itself after a few days, just like VHK82 mentioned. As for the scratch on the trunks, it sucks, but I've had a few issues like that on some PFs. Thankfully it happened on those parts painted black, I either used a diluted acrylic or industrial grade Sharpie :)

Well, I opened mine up finally. Massive piece. The base is super heavy. I have a few issues / concerns.

1. Scuff on crotch (see photos). It's minor, but I'm not sure if I should do anything about it.
2. Cape over left shoulder has a gap (see photos). I actually removed it and it's already chipping paint off underneath. Do other owners have this issue?
3. I have the boot gap issue. Hoping it will reduce over time like it has for others.

1. that's very minor, I doubt it's noticeable from viewing distance
2. The cape gap you show is normal I believe, I assume so the cape doesn't rest on the body of the statue and potential cause scratches. I also have a similar gap and wouldn't dremel the cape peg, not worth it IMO
3. As for the peg on the foot, I would give it a few days to see if it settles, but if not I would use a dremel and see if I could get it to seat.

good luck!

"Jealous" can't even come close to how I feel looking at these pics. You guys are very, very lucky. Thanks for the pics. I'll live vicariously through you all!

Finally unboxed Ex #70 out of 800. This is my first Prime-1 and 1/3 scale statue, and all I can say is WOW! This piece exceeded all my expectations. If you're a Batman fan, and are on the fence about this one, get it before it's gone. You won't regret it.

dk1A.jpg

DK2A.jpg

DK2B12.jpg

View attachment 367730

DK31A.jpg

DK41A.jpg

DK001A.jpg

DK51A.jpg

DK61A.jpg

DK19A1.jpg

DK71A.jpg

After going back and forth, I finally decided I will display him in this configuration.

DK91a.jpg

Now I just have to make room in my other display room , so I can put him with my other DC statue.

As other's have posted, I had the issue with the foot not seating in the base. After waiting 24hrs I just applied a little down pressure to the foot, and it seated perfectly.

THIS ONE IS A MUST -HAVE FOR A BATMAN FAN!

I agree ^
Definitely a must have for batman fans who have space to spare for a 1/3 statue.

got some time to edit an unboxing vid of the statue today. Hope you guys enjoy =D

I agree ^
Definitely a must have for batman fans who have space to spare for a 1/3 statue.

got some time to edit an unboxing vid of the statue today. Hope you guys enjoy =D

Thanks for the video. Think it was the first unboxing I've found on YouTube.

If you don't mind the small critique, for the unboxing section I think it would've been better it you had stopped the fast forwarding during the times when you had each individual part out and were showing them to the camera. But other than that it was great, especially with all the various multiples/sequences.

And that's got to be the biggest lazy Susan I've ever seen!

Base dimension for this big guy is actually quiet space saving from the review. 50cm x 32cm?

Kelvin Loke just announced on the P1 fb page that a blue variant officially planned and it will be an entirely new sculpt. Also, the blue just that was just releases will not fit the new variant as it will be a different pose.

The list of all planned DC variants by P1 can be found on their fb page.

glad they r going for a new sculpt instead of easy cash grab. Make the two different & unique from each other.

Back