Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's great that Prime 1 would go for a new sculpt instead of taking the shortcut. That way they won't get a lot of hate from collectors, and would instead get more sales. I can see them using the other DelOtto variant from DKIII since this Black-Grey version was also inspired by a DelOtto cover. Will wait and see, I told myself I would only go Black/Grey and Armored but I might find Blue/Grey hard to pass on.

Seeing as this black Batman is from the Arkham City skin, and p1 has the license for TDKR comic version, its simply a no brainer to pull the trigger on TDKR line. Didnt they just show a tease for TDKR armored Bats recently?

Seeing as this black Batman is from the Arkham City skin, and p1 has the license for TDKR comic version, its simply a no brainer to pull the trigger on TDKR line. Didnt they just show a tease for TDKR armored Bats recently?

interesting perspective, I dont believe using that license restricted them visually, otherwise they wouldn't be battle damaged or have mutant base. Cant wait to see the blue edition, I hope Im strong enough to stick to the current one (& yes armored bat is currently in the work).

interesting perspective, I dont believe using that license restricted them visually, otherwise they wouldn't be battle damaged or have mutant base. Cant wait to see the blue edition, I hope Im strong enough to stick to the current one (& yes armored bat is currently in the work).

Yeah, Prime 1 may have found a loophole and took advantage of the AC license so they can make Miller Batman (since they didn't have the TDKR comic license then), and they made one inspired by the DKIII Del'Otto variant instead of using 3D data from the game. The face surely doesn't resemble that of the Miller Batman game skin. They also pulled off a BvS-type gauntlet by painting the fins gold. It's also good that they were able to use the Mutant Leader for the base theme instead of using generic gothic architecture like the other figures from the game.

Number 558 made it!
My god what a great statue!! HUGE! Love it!
It came Friday but couldn't check till yesterday.

My only small issue would be that the base didn't have to be that heavy.

Other than that go get this before its sold out!!!!

just confirmed that the planned blue FM statue will be based on the master race series !

Late to the party, but my Bats has arrived today.

GGKLFfnl.jpg

Not my first 1:3 piece, but it is my first Prime 1, and all I can say is "wow". Such detail, and a flawless paint job. The 'freshness' of the wounds has been mentioned several times, and with good reason. Even the tiniest of them has that gloss to it. I also love how you can notice the blood around them, under the fabric - it does look like real fablic, dammit. And OMG, those pearly teeth. Now that's a perfect paint app.

So, yeah, people can hold out to see the blue version, but you definitely can't go wrong with this one. What an imposing statue. Truly a must for a Batman collector.

Didnt they just show a tease for TDKR armored Bats recently?

Yup.

Number 558 made it!
My god what a great statue!! HUGE! Love it!

My only small issue would be that the base didn't have to be that heavy.

You can say that again! Almost 10 kg!

Other than that go get this before its sold out!!!!

Absolutely.

Late to the party, but my Bats has arrived today.

GGKLFfnl.jpg

Not my first 1:3 piece, but it is my first Prime 1, and all I can say is "wow". Such detail, and a flawless paint job. The 'freshness' of the wounds has been mentioned several times, and with good reason. Even the tiniest of them has that gloss to it. I also love how you can notice the blood around them, under the fabric - it does look like real fablic, dammit. And OMG, those pearly teeth. Now that's a perfect paint app.

So, yeah, people can hold out to see the blue version, but you definitely can't go wrong with this one. What an imposing statue. Truly a must for a Batman collector.

Yup.

You can say that again! Almost 10 kg!

Absolutely.

Love the "cat" accessory yours came with !!!! :)

Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Can you all imagine the blue variant. Remember this photoshop?
56a74890db9f23d12c581298a1fe75cc.jpg
day one for me!

Last edited:
Re: Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Thanks for the video. Think it was the first unboxing I've found on YouTube.

If you don't mind the small critique, for the unboxing section I think it would've been better it you had stopped the fast forwarding during the times when you had each individual part out and were showing them to the camera. But other than that it was great, especially with all the various multiples/sequences.

And that's got to be the biggest lazy Susan I've ever seen!

Thanks for checking it out and the feedback. I'll definitely keep it in mind for the next vid.
if you think collecting statues is fun, wait until you get into the addictive world of lazy susan collections. :lol

Can you all imagine the blue variant. Remember this photoshop?
56a74890db9f23d12c581298a1fe75cc.jpg
day one for me!

I've grown quite fond of this design posted in the other forum;
s248192446658816_p25_i4_w1090.jpeg

Kelvin Loke just announced on the P1 fb page that a blue variant officially planned and it will be an entirely new sculpt. Also, the blue just that was just releases will not fit the new variant as it will be a different pose.

The list of all planned DC variants by P1 can be found on their fb page.

Hot damnnn

I've grown quite fond of this design posted in the other forum;

That's the artwork I wish Prime1 would also use for reference for the Blue-Grey suit. Or not, so I won't be compelled to buy it LOL.

It's a DKIII variant cover drawn by the same artist, Gabrielle Dell'Otto, whose other DKIII variant inspired the Black-Grey statue (mirrored pose):

batmantdk-dellotto-1e783-153561.jpg

That's the artwork I wish Prime1 would also use for reference for the Blue-Grey suit. Or not, so I won't be compelled to buy it LOL.

It's a DKIII variant cover drawn by the same artist, Gabrielle Dell'Otto, whose other DKIII variant inspired the Black-Grey statue (mirrored pose):

I'd definitely buy it if they go with that design. Hopefully we'll get to see a reveal soon. Think they'll go the extra mile and make a Carrie Kelley?

I'd definitely buy it if they go with that design. Hopefully we'll get to see a reveal soon. Think they'll go the extra mile and make a Carrie Kelley?

If they'd go deep in this line then apart from CK Robin we might also get Superman, Joker, and the Mutant Leader. Heck, maybe even one-armed Green Arrow.

I won't be surprised if they would also make Wonder Woman from DKIII.

As long as all is selling well, P1 will just keep pumping them out

Back