Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That artwork posted above just reminded me, isn't the way the statue looks, (really cut up, right side of the upper lip damaged, swolen right eye, etc), supposed to be based off that photo up above? He's wearing the black suit tho which is what he wears during the second fight and he isn't all that damaged after that one, but the cuts and damage on him in this statue look like they're supposed to be on the blue suit in the first fight are they not?

Looks amazing regardless but the dmg seems like it's from the first fight while the suits the one from the second fight

I grant them a measure of artistic license.

That artwork posted above just reminded me, isn't the way the statue looks, (really cut up, right side of the upper lip damaged, swolen right eye, etc), supposed to be based off that photo up above? He's wearing the black suit tho which is what he wears during the second fight and he isn't all that damaged after that one, but the cuts and damage on him in this statue look like they're supposed to be on the blue suit in the first fight are they not?

Looks amazing regardless but the dmg seems like it's from the first fight while the suits the one from the second fight

It's more of an homage to the story rather than a direct interpretation of any exact moment. Yes when he fought the Mutant the first time he had the blue and grey with the yellow oval symbol. He came close to getting killed and got really beaten, bit, scratched etc.

Personally, I love the direction Prime 1 went with. The bite mark on his left deltoid, the hits to the face, the suit damage. It is perfect.

He got pretty torn up in his battle with the joker as well. Not so much with bite marks a scratches but bullet holes and such and he was wearing the black suit through that one.

He got pretty torn up in his battle with the joker as well. Not so much with bite marks a scratches but bullet holes and such and he was wearing the black suit through that one.

Yah but if you look at the face especially, the damaged face after the first mutant fight is dead on to the artwork in the previous page, the joker fight was more stab wounds, also I thought the marks in the deltoid were claw marks like the mutant leader dug into his arm, didn't get the bite impression off of it as the bite was more towards his neck in the movie, like over his shoulder. Don't think that's how a bite on the shoulder would look, you'd see two sets of holes.

I wouldn't mind if Prime 1 made a clean blue and grey version with the yellow oval. Let others get it if they want it. To me this version is the epitome of the DKR story, a massive, rugged and beat up Batman standing victoriously over the city. This is an absolute grail and if P1 makes the Hush statues they are mentioning my entire collection will be P1.

I prefer a whole new sculpt. =). Not a fan of having same exact statue, with just different color.

I'm pretty sure it was stated at SDCC that a variant was not happening. That being said, they could do a new pose and it would be a whole new piece. With the Hush line picking up, it sounds like P1 might just be moving along, though.

Yah but if you look at the face especially, the damaged face after the first mutant fight is dead on to the artwork in the previous page, the joker fight was more stab wounds, also I thought the marks in the deltoid were claw marks like the mutant leader dug into his arm, didn't get the bite impression off of it as the bite was more towards his neck in the movie, like over his shoulder. Don't think that's how a bite on the shoulder would look, you'd see two sets of holes.

The animated movie takes liberties, in the comic the mutant leader bites him in the exact spot on the statue and he has jagged shark like teeth. There's a frame where Bruce is patched up and blood is soaking through that exact area.

I'm pretty sure it was stated at SDCC that a variant was not happening. That being said, they could do a new pose and it would be a whole new piece. With the Hush line picking up, it sounds like P1 might just be moving along, though.

The Hush line has me so excited. Literally rethinking my entire shelving system for the possibilities. Batman and Superman are must haves. Nightwing too IF they make him. It didn't sound like they want to make characters they are making for the Arkham line, unfortunatly. Hoping they change their mind. I NEED Nightwing.

Where can I read about the Hush line?

I cannot wait for this to finally drop next year. I have the EX ordered...Kinda wish the EX would have been the Rifle tbh...its a little disappointing, however I think I'll be displaying the calmer portrait with the grappling line...looks awesome from the images and the texture of his suit incredible. Hard to believe its not Mixed Media

Where can I read about the Hush line?

I cannot wait for this to finally drop next year. I have the EX ordered...Kinda wish the EX would have been the Rifle tbh...its a little disappointing, however I think I'll be displaying the calmer portrait with the grappling line...looks awesome from the images and the texture of his suit incredible. Hard to believe its not Mixed Media

The Hush story is worth buying actually. But there are a few free websites that you can check out. Try Readcomics.net They should have the story there. Its a little slow but for free its not bad.

Sorry I meant about the Hush line of statues. The storyline is a classic and is on my shelf ;-)

The only two confirmed right now are Batman and Superman. Kevin from the P1 FB group was asking for suggestions from fans for the rest.

My wait list converted. Will they give you an option to set up a payment plan once it becomes a real order, or will this be treated like one large final/only payment upon time of shipping?

That's good to hear. When did you get on the waitlist, the day of the order? Just curious on the turnaround.

Got on wait list on the day of PO. I was actually hoping it wouldn't convert until they started arriving for shipping.

My wait list converted. Will they give you an option to set up a payment plan once it becomes a real order, or will this be treated like one large final/only payment upon time of shipping?

:clap Congrats. Unfortunately no, I believe waitlist conversions only do full payment charge upon shipping and do not allow you to apply a payment plan, that luxury is only available when you pre-order. Maybe they're nicer on phone, but I tried doing it via chat once and they denied the request to change to flexpay.

I'm in the same boot, I got on the day of too I think, no wait, I actually joined a couple of days later, but now I'm thinking it won't fit along w/ the Deathstroke that I want, and the eventual Arkham Joker, so I might end up cancelling mine. As much as I love how it looks, I just don't feel it fits in with the collection, plus I won't have the space to get a ton of 1:3 statues to display so I'm going to have to be very selective. Might wait on the Lee, Finch or one of the Arkham ones instead.

I had a waitlist convert and I called and they put my order to flex. At that stage I don't think flex charges had started for anyone so that might of been a factor in them letting me do it.

Back