Statue Prime 1 Studio - The Dark Knight Returns "Frank Miller"[1/3 Scale]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It was Batman. I checked on it. The other box has still not left the UPS hub. Starting to get a little worried.

UPS lost one of my boxes from SS a few weeks ago. it tracked to my nearest hub then stopped movement. i had to initiate a track from UPS and they never even replied back to me. *******s. luckily SS sent a replacement. good luck! id call UPS and SS right away.

Thanks - so the Batman part is around 24 inches tall. I guess this is one of those cases where high quality and sheer awesomeness outweigh consistency in scale but its hard to depart from 1/4 scale - without even thinking about the display space issue.

Wonder why SS don't put the dimension on their web for this guy

Well I've just received my regular from Popcultcha.

Initial impressions are very much like everyone else's in that it's a great piece.

However in my opinion I prefer the paint application of the Blue exclusive bust. Imo the costume is cleaner and the blood has more impact.

Unfortunately only the heads are interchangeable between the two. Had hoped that the short cape would also work even though I knew that Sideshow had said nothing was interchangeable. One of the two heads that comes with the bust is identical, other than the colour difference of course.

Well I've just received my regular from Popcultcha.

Initial impressions are very much like everyone else's in that it's a great piece.

However in my opinion I prefer the paint application of the Blue exclusive bust. Imo the costume is cleaner and the blood has more impact.

Unfortunately only the heads are interchangeable between the two. Had hoped that the short cape would also work even though I knew that Sideshow had said nothing was interchangeable. One of the two heads that comes with the bust is identical, other than the colour difference of course.

What I personally like about the Blue EX bust (and I apologize to those who might have already seen me mention this) is how its cape's edges were cut. They're rounded and tapered and looks more natural while the full cape on the full statue can look like a thick piece of sculpted material. Definitely not a deal breaker on the full statue, but somehow it tells me that Prime 1 artists themselves caught that and improved on the bust while it might have already been too late to do the same on the full cape as perhaps it was already deep into production.

What I personally like about the Blue EX bust (and I apologize to those who might have already seen me mention this) is how its cape's edges were cut. They're rounded and tapered and looks more natural while the full cape on the full statue can look like a thick piece of sculpted material. Definitely not a deal breaker on the full statue, but somehow it tells me that Prime 1 artists themselves caught that and improved on the bust while it might have already been too late to do the same on the full cape as perhaps it was already deep into production.

I don't think the cape on this piece is supposed to look like a cape on any other. This one is supposed to appear drenched and muddy, hanging straight down from the added weight. I can see how that could come off as a thick piece of sculpted material, but it totally works for me.

I realize that it's hard to paint the picture with words and I apologize for that. This is what I meant: how the edges of the cape was cut on the bust. To me it seems more natural, like a thick leather cape sitting by his shoulders and not some thick sculpted material. Again definitely not a deal breaker for me and a nit that I only got to pick when they came out with the bust, but IMO an improvement compared to how the full figure's cape was sculpted at the edges.

Credits to Jesse Laurienti for the screencap from his review of the full statue.

22523679_10154961330291592_38575890_n.jpg

22551453_10154961330336592_1825463770_n.jpg

LOL we're literally down to nitpicking the metaphorical crumbs in terms of the criticism of this piece :rotfl

this thing is epic, let's enjoy it :hi5:

Well I did say that it was a nitpick and not at all a deal breaker. Just an observation of what they improved on for the bust compared to the full statue. I know this is epic as I've seen it in person and I can't wait to get mine. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer here, guys. I would soon be a proud owner of this great piece after all.

LOL we're literally down to nitpicking the metaphorical crumbs in terms of the criticism of this piece :rotfl

this thing is epic, let's enjoy it :hi5:

We as collector, excel in that department hahaha

Yep. I noticed that on mine as well.

Didn't give it too much weight though, as it's probably intentional, but if not, not really a deal killer.

Yep. I noticed that on mine as well.

Didn't give it too much weight though, as it's probably intentional, but if not, not really a deal killer.

It’s a little sloppy, but I’m not going to use that hand anyway. Was just wondering if it was “normal” on these.

Back