Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
3 times! Damn... That's some bad luck.

The more I read about issues the better I feel about the minor issues I had about mine.

But as I suggested previously maybe the only way for some to get a completely unbroken statue is to buy two (or three), mix and match the parts and return one set for issues etc.

Finally!! link to thread below. theyre doing lockdown as well.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/...-iron-hide-statue.html?highlight=transformers

ih.jpg

EX is back up at Simply toys, Megatron after 2 years and 500 ES is still available at Sideshow with gift card,,, ill probably get Iron Hide and Lockdown sometime in the future,
Its been 5-6 months since I got my Prime and both times the regular gun came damaged, im still dealing with Simply toys for refund/credit, they take forever to answer, one thing thats holding me back ordering this pieces

I did and the answer I got from them is the same thing that they don't have replacement which is bs and they want me to sent it to their factory and fix it, wtf? Where? China?

Did they really? Will they cover shipping both ways? Hope it's a professional fix and not a slab of paint or filler where lines can be seen on the repair job. This happen to my SS lady death in the past before I had to give up.

Nice one Optimus Kyn :lol

Ok,so Sideshow and Prime1 are out of replacement parts?This makes me have second thoughts about purchasing this later on.There is no way i would accept partial refund for defects.
It's poor service by Prime1 to say they are out when the piece cost over 2k.Collectors would accept a slight delay,but at least offer to make more replacement parts so customers wouldn't feel ripped off.

Wow no replacements for a 2k plus statue? My Lcs is asking 3k for a reg. No replacements mean not worth the risk. Thought about this a lot but I sure ain't taking that risk for that kind of money. I admit this is one of the best looking statues ever made if you get a good one. So awesome!

Did they really? Will they cover shipping both ways? Hope it's a professional fix and not a slab of paint or filler where lines can be seen on the repair job. This happen to my SS lady death in the past before I had to give up.

didn't say about cover the shipping fee, but it is still risk if ship those parts, it's damaged during shipping from sideshow to me, so I just return the whole thing again. I am very disappoint with the solution they give to me, i have see people getting replacement but not me.

Optimus in the house and i love him anything negative to say....the magnets could be stronger on the gun and shield but thats it 😀uploadfromtaptalk1438465783742.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438465813207.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438465825361.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438465843817.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438465858026.jpguploadfromtaptalk1438465877757.jpg

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

So if you guys had to choose only ONE piece from Prime 1's Transformers selection, what would it be?

- Optimus Prime
or
- Optimus Prime - Ultimate Edition
or
- Optimus on Grimlock

I'm going to poll the other threads to. I'm seriously thinking about getting ONE of those three, but want something that will really standout, yet look like a definitive Transformers piece.

So if you guys had to choose only ONE piece from Prime 1's Transformers selection, what would it be?

- Optimus Prime
or
- Optimus Prime - Ultimate Edition
or
- Optimus on Grimlock

I'm going to poll the other threads to. I'm seriously thinking about getting ONE of those three, but want something that will really standout, yet look like a definitive Transformers piece.

Get the Optimus Prime DOTM mate. I have it. Its pricey but i never regret getting it. For me it stands out amongst the rest since he looks grandiose but at the same time still is realistic in that you can still see the truck parts, bolts, wheels, panels, gas tanks, smoke stacks, pistons, side mirror, windshields etc. While the Optimus ultimate edition also looks cool but to me he looks too streamline. You will hardly see any truck parts besides his smoke stacks at the back i guess and to me its not optimus anymore. He really reminds me of some of those 80's robots like voltes V or Mazinger Z. I dont understand the concept of optimus looking like a samurai. But to each is own. I guess at the end of the day i think the character and the movie that really draws you will tell you which one to get. For me I like the DOTM only second to the Transformers 1 since it has a better story line and the robots looks way cooler. Just look at Sentinel prime himself. When we will see the proto pics very soon I'm definitely sure it will make Lockdown and the others including Optimus ultimate edition look like Hasbro. Thats just my honest opinion.

Last edited:
Completely agree the new Optimus prime strays to far away from what i know Optimus to be

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Pilpopper sums it up. DOTM for me as well =). Each to their own. Can't wait for Sentinel too my friend.

20150803_122302.jpg

I would choose the DOTM version of Optimus. I could be biased since I own the DOTM version though! lol. The Ultimate Edition looks bad a** though, have to admit!

I currently have it on top of a rotating display stand that is on a 48" high besta from Ikea. The besta shelf is angled at the corner of the room to accommodate Prime with his large diameter base and there WAS a 24" LED Light bar from Ikea illuminating the base. May make some changes later for better lighting. I will try to post a better picture of the light bar your asking about, think it's about 20 bucks, give or take a few.

Back