Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for that random pic.
It also makes me appreciate G1 Prime a little more.
Is that the metal one?
Looks great!

Me too. TOOOOO bad they will lot make an Evasion mode AOE Prime: it is the version which is closest to the G1 OPrime.

I've been waiting for the Megatron bust for months in order to pair it with Optimus.

Now to decide how to display it.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Should have the Starscream bust tomorrow.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Starscream has arrived...........the bust anyway as that was all I could afford.

image.jpg

Though gotta admit, it is by far the least imposing of the three. Was expecting him to be a bit bigger in my head given that the full statue is quite large overall.

image.jpg

Think his left eye is a bit weaker then his right in brightness. Or it could be due to those eyelid pieces being positioned differently with the left slightly covering the led light..... Looked a bit closer and I think the piece on his left could have been glued upside down as the curve etc is opposite. Oh wells..

image.jpg

nOOb here. Why are these Prime1 statues so much more expensive relative to other Sideshow statues? The Sideshow Premium Format statues are all less $500. You could buy 4 for the price of one Prime1 Optimus statue, for example. And still have $$ left over to buy a modest curio to showcase them.

Well, Sideshow's Optimus Prime Maquette from years ago was $1200 and was 24 inches tall. If Sideshow repeated something like that today, it would probably fall under their "Legendary Scale" line, and retail for around $2,000. Prime One Optimus Prime is almost 28 inches tall and comes with a buttload of extras and retails for $2300.

Agreed. They are slightly overpriced, but they are large and very intricate.
The amount of material used on the base alone costs in the hundreds.

I'm just glad that Prime 1 proved that it's possible. There's a niche in the market for a similar quality/lower cost option. So it's only a matter of time.

can anyone confirm in which box the base for the extra head is placed, i had opened and packed back the box with the statue base, but dont remember the base for the extra head in there, dont wanna unpack it all again

can anyone confirm in which box the base for the extra head is placed, i had opened and packed back the box with the statue base, but dont remember the base for the extra head in there, dont wanna unpack it all again

the small base for the extra head comes in the big base box for sure.

Yes. I always thought that part look odd. How u did it
The idea is simple. Enlarged the den (use driller) to an extent the peg could rotate when connected. While keeping both feet touching the ground, rotate right thigh internally and left externally to a desirable angle. Since the den is enlarged now, to let the peg stay firmly in the den, filled in suitable amount of putty in the den and became this

Back