Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the Info I got from my cousin who ordered me the Hong Kong Matrix EX from the Owner of HobbyBase in Hong Kong.
HobbyBase will be the Only store in Hong Kong selling this Exclusive. However, China and Taiwan will Also be selling this Matrix EX.
So, not sure why it's called the Hong Kong Exclusive when other places will sell it.
The Sideshow Shotgun Exclusive according to the HobbyBase owner is Not Exclusive to Sideshow. It is shared with Japan for a Total Edition of 500.
How many Sideshow got, he does not know?
However, they are Not sold out of the Shotgun EX their in Asia. He offered my cousin the chance to place an order for the Shotgun Ex at a Separate Toy Store that was located downstairs. I told my cousin, no need as I already have the Shotgun EX on order from Sideshow.
Hope this clarifies some things.

I have a friend told me about the Shotgun EX shop at Sino center (Hongkong) you mention is really expensive i think 2.8k around.

I didn't ask the price. My guess is they are just tacking on a little extra for themselves.
But they are still taking orders for the Shotgun EX over there.
So, you have to wonder, How many did Sideshow Really get of the 500 to have Sold Out in a day??

Guys, it is 100% confirmed now that the 500 EX edition size is not just for sideshow... its 500 WORLDWIDE! sideshow only had a portion of that 500 hence why it sold out so fast! Here is what SSALEX (who works for sideshow said on the other forums):

"
Sideshow did not have the full 500 allocation to sell at the time this went up for order. Could that change? I really do not know, but as of today (right this second as I type this), we only had a portion of those 500 pieces to sell. I spoke to the customer service rep that just unfortunately was not passed this information along earlier about this piece. Hope that clears up any confusion.

SSAlex "

Glad to know this wasn't as crazy as it sounded.
500 statues at $2300.00 each Selling out in a Day!
Sideshow probably only got like a 100 of them and the rest are spread out all over Asia.
And why it's still available to order over there.

Well it's better for EX owners as it means there is less of them in circulation, not that I care really cos I don't plan to sell it ever.

Mind you, even selling 100 in a day ain't bad, that's the equivant of selling 500 PF's, and who knows if it was 100.

Well it's better for EX owners as it means there is less of them in circulation, not that I care really cos I don't plan to sell it ever.

Mind you, even selling 100 in a day ain't bad, that's the equivant of selling 500 PF's, and who knows if it was 100.

I think more because 39 people on this forum got the EX alone so guess 150 to 200

Right, so say 200 then that's like shifting around 1100-1200 $400 PF's in a day.

So perhaps they then fed that into some spreadsheeet and rang up Prime1 and said 'make 2000 of the regs cos we can move them based on the EX sales', which would be like the equivalent of a 10k run for PF reg statute, not that far out of line with what Batman etc are doing.

I have a friend told me about the Shotgun EX shop at Sino center (Hongkong) you mention is really expensive i think 2.8k around.

Glad to know this wasn't as crazy as it sounded.
500 statues at $2300.00 each Selling out in a Day!
Sideshow probably only got like a 100 of them and the rest are spread out all over Asia.
And why it's still available to order over there.

My local dealer here says in order to get the exclusives, you need order 5 regular for 1 exclusives. I am guessing maybe the same apply for US region. Price for exc is 2.800 here and the fact that you must order 5 to get it is why most opted to just purchase the reg at $2.300, and probably still some exc available in Asia region.

Sure, but it's also less work, so if the margin is low what better than to up the numbers.

Absolutely, a lot less work, all SS need to do is just distribute. No need qc, design team, marketing etc...

My local dealer here says in order to get the exclusives, you need order 5 regular for 1 exclusives. I am guessing maybe the same apply for US region. Price for exc is 2.800 here and the fact that you must order 5 to get it is why most opted to just purchase the reg at $2.300, and probably still some exc available in Asia region.

I don't know where you are but those Buy Five Regulars for One Exclusive wasn't in effect in their Stores. You can order all the Exclusives you could pay for.
I ordered the Matrix Exclusive and the Shotgun Exclusive both at $2300.00 each.

Just buy 5 then, buy one for each to your parents, one for yourself, one for a friend... and one for an enemy, to heal the wounds, what better way than with Optimus.

So who is prime1 studios. Are they a reputable company. What else have they done.

Just curious who I might b giving 2k to. Can I trust them

So who is prime1 studios. Are they a reputable company. What else have they done.

Just curious who I might b giving 2k to. Can I trust them

Going by the Megatron that Asia has received, I'd say yes.

Megs looks like the display piece they showed at SDCC or at least pretty close to it and I've read many people were saying that Megs was the surprise statue of the show last year.

Yeh, SS would take as many as they can get.

The huge rise in ES seems risky seeing as the 1,000 Megatron are yet to sell out.

True, but I think Prime is 10x more popular a character than Megatron, at least in the movie versions.

just spoke to a good buddy of mine in HK and he said the queue for the EX OP is quite large......as of this morning he said he was going to give up

Back