Statue Prime 1 Studio - Optimus Prime

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My latest modifcation. angle adjustment. The pose looks more natural now.

Hey buddy, i did this with mine also as i wasn't overly happy with the original stance...looks a much better pose now :)

87e74a39fd727edec590c25e516585a1.jpg

Hey buddy, i did this with mine also as i wasn't overly happy with the original stance...looks a much better pose now :)

87e74a39fd727edec590c25e516585a1.jpg
nice, I do see yours a bit different, the stance tilt to left. You adjusted pelvis area? Can you share what you did?

nice, I do see yours a bit different, the stance tilt to left. You adjusted pelvis area? Can you share what you did?

Thanks bro :) yea, no drilling for me as i'm too scared to even touch this piece (seeing as its my most expensive collectible in my collection) :horror all i did was fiddle with the right leg and pelvis area to allow for a much more museum pose. Infact, i think i placed a small piece of putty inside the hole fitting of the right leg to allow a little more height to achieve the right balance for when you connect with the hip joint. Takes a little fiddling but looks so much better :)

One thing i would like to do is to chrome out those pistons and cams in his chest area...the grey metallic look is nice but to get various parts chromed around the centre console would look awesome!

Thanks bro :) yea, no drilling for me as i'm too scared to even touch this piece (seeing as its my most expensive collectible in my collection) :horror all i did was fiddle with the right leg and pelvis area to allow for a much more museum pose. Infact, i think i placed a small piece of putty inside the hole fitting of the right leg to allow a little more height to achieve the right balance for when you connect with the hip joint. Takes a little fiddling but looks so much better :)

One thing i would like to do is to chrome out those pistons and cams in his chest area...the grey metallic look is nice but to get various parts chromed around the centre console would look awesome!

Good job to the hip touch bro. Yeah I also added some chrome paint on the mid section pistons. Not too much as too shinny is just not realistic nor natural.

I just saw this at my LCS today and its legit. I didn't think it was worth the price but after seeing him in person I think the price is appropriate. Its just a matter of how big an Optimus fan you are.

Good job to the hip touch bro. Yeah I also added some chrome paint on the mid section pistons. Not too much as too shinny is just not realistic nor natural.

Thanks bro :) appreciate that! Yea, i was gonna ask if you'd touched up the mid section cos yours looks brighter :) Much better improvement...will maybe do this too ;)

Andy I don't think this is your most expensive piece lol.

:lol :lol for the moment it is the most expensive piece in my collection buddy :) What boosted up the price for this was that i paid a lot more for the Exclusive version from Sideshow (which wasn't really worth it looking back in hindsight) :( plus i was hit with a nice $500 import tax charge to ship the damn thing over to me in the UK! :thud:

but...that title will soon be stripped from Optimus Prime as i've just paid the deposit for the ECC 1:3 Avengers Hulk Cinemaquette which is gonna cost a whopping $2800 :thud:

Bravo work guys.

:hi5: Thanks Pau

I just saw this at my LCS today and its legit. I didn't think it was worth the price but after seeing him in person I think the price is appropriate. Its just a matter of how big an Optimus fan you are.

Absolutely! If i could take one satisfying thing away with me after paying as much as i did for mine, was that it was worth every single penny! It's the definitive movie Optimus Prime statue out there...

Thanks bro :) appreciate that! Yea, i was gonna ask if you'd touched up the mid section cos yours looks brighter :) Much better improvement...will maybe do this too ;)

I have simple touch on those piston with silver marker only. It is not exactly like chrome, still pretty enough in the shinny effect I want.

I also cut open and removed the connection point at the upper part of the piston, make it looks more accurate and crisp.

Here was a slight modification i had made to Optimus Primes shield. Not overly keen on the weathered look (especially those areas which looked bronze on the right hand side of the shield) I wanted to come up with something that looked a little cleaner yet maintain the metallic feel...

241378ebead068fcf6fc3ffa4c423045.jpg

I think it's missing something. I get what you were going for, but it's too clean.
For example, originally the two "vents" at the top were shaded and now they're not. Being that clean makes it look fake/toy-ish.
Might be the picture, but it looks very washed out.

I think it's missing something. I get what you were going for, but it's too clean.
For example, originally the two "vents" at the top were shaded and now they're not. Being that clean makes it look fake/toy-ish.

I agree .. Got Optimus a few days ago ... Still in the box(es) Looking forward to bust him out ( after 8 months of flex pay !)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for your thoughts buddy :) this mod was purely a personal choice so I get that it's not going to please everyone :) The repaint looks 100% better than what it originally was (in my eyes) and I love how it looks now.

Got Optimus a few days ago ... Still in the box(es) Looking forward to bust him out ( after 8 months of flex pay !)

Congrats! Your gonna love it!

Cant wait for Bumblebee to arrive and then order Ironhide! :yess:

Pulled the base out You ain't kiddin Huge! You really don't realize it until you see it in hand

Back