Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- Wonder Woman Statue

I think regardless of how much that Wonder Woman looks like Gal Gadot, if this were just a random sculpt of Wonder Woman I would say it looks nice in general. However still not feeling the non-sculpted hair..

That would be a lot of sculpted hair. Would also add weight to the statue.

I think regardless of how much that Wonder Woman looks like Gal Gadot, if this were just a random sculpt of Wonder Woman I would say it looks nice in general. However still not feeling the non-sculpted hair..

Sculpted hair would look horrible on a 1/2 scale piece. This was the way to go for sure.

Just realized there aren't too many 1/2 full size figures for female characters but they do have a few 1/2 busts, ie. Emma Frost, Mystique, Spider-Woman etc who all have sculpted hair and it doesn't look too bad granted Wonder Woman's hair isn't going to be 100% the same as those characters.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=2001261&archive=y

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/marvel-mystique-sideshow-collectibles-2001331/

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collectibles/product-archive/?sku=2000331&archive=y

And in terms of adding a lot more weight with sculpted hair, I don't mind having a 100+ pound figure! For some odd reason the heavier it is I feel like it's better quality which obviously isn't true, but then shipping would be killer..

Agree that those sculpted hair are good, but only for comics. I think for Gal's WW, the real hair is the good way to represent her.

Yep would look cheap sculpted. Rooted has its drawbacks but is favourable for this scale

Yep would look cheap sculpted. Rooted has its drawbacks but is favourable for this scale

A bust with sculpted hair would be easier to get away with, a full figure demands higher quality IMO. One of the major problems with the Ledger Joker 1:2 piece.

Wow, things escalate quickly in this hobby. Started out with Hot Toys, then Premium Formats, now thinking about Prime 1 1/3 statues. Since it would already be $1,000 for a 1/3, why not just double it and jump up to 1/2 scale?

:slap

Wow, things escalate quickly in this hobby. Started out with Hot Toys, then Premium Formats, now thinking about Prime 1 1/3 statues. Since it would already be $1,000 for a 1/3, why not just double it and jump up to 1/2 scale?

:slap

Not long ago I was thinking exactly the same thing. It's never ending.

In two and a half years I've gone from 1/6 Hot Toys, then to 1/4 statues (still collect 1/6). Now I've got preorders for 1/3 and 1/2 scale Prime 1 statues.

I can still remember myself thinking I'll stick to 1/6 and only have a few in my collection.

Soon we'll be talking about 1:1 statues.

That we'd be nuts haha

This is amazing, the profile view in particular shows how good the sculpt is. Wish I had the money and space for it

Nice video. I think the likeness needs to be tweaked a bit. The rooted hair actually looks good. Not like 1/6th rooted hair.

Back