Statue Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- 1:2 Wonder Woman Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Studio - Dawn of Justice- Wonder Woman Statue

Which is why I'm griping and providing feedback. Why settle for "I can sorta see her face there" when there's still time for Prime 1 to do their part and change it. Why settle now when it's in prototype and they an make changes. What's frustrating to me is what I'm hearing from a lot of you "$2k is a bargain for barely recognizable, so bought!". That's not the impression we should be giving any company. I don't know about you but $2k is a lot of money to spend and I won't spend it just for the sake of completing the trinity. Superman and Batman are bang on instantly recognizable as their respective characters, the same should hold true for Wonder Woman. We are buying statues based on the movie characters, so the statues have to have their likeness no exception should be made for this. Would you buy an Elvis statue or Marilyn Monroe statue if they looked nothing like them?

To me it's good, so 2k is no problem for me. Could it be tweaked? Of course, everything not just this could be tweaked. I have faith in P1 which is why I'm not making some huge stink. If this was SS, we'd be done. XM mainly has their issues about stability or some minor paint gripe.

To me it's good, so 2k is no problem for me. Could it be tweaked? Of course, everything not just this could be tweaked. I have faith in P1 which is why I'm not making some huge stink. If this was SS, we'd be done. XM mainly has their issues about stability or some minor paint gripe.

I think prime1 knows all to well they still need to tweak it a bit, I am not even worried when PO comes it will be awesome.
All the P1 products look spot on, oke maybe the joker with real hair was better but hey only got room for one maybe two 1/2 anyway :) and this is one is one of them!!

So far P1 has lived up to its hype. Fingers cross

She is posted on P1 instagram and man she looks wonderful!! way better then Hottoys and for a 1/2 scale its day 1 order for me

Of course better than Hot Toys at that scale. But the HT is 1/10th the cost and takes up less room.

And the HT is a tiny 1/6 scale figure. I think both are great but hard to compare 1/2 scale to 1/6.

I read somewhere that the head sculpt on Wonder Woman is pvc, in order to achieve a realistic look. Sort of like the blitzway marilyn manroe piece

I think it's translucent resin like the MOS one, I just think it is the paint job that is making it look more realistic than the MOS one.

The portrait needs work it is by far the weakest of the 3.

Agreed but on the other hand it is the most realistic one out of the 3.

Superman & Batman's portrait sculpts are pretty much perfect. I Cannot see Gal Gadot at all in these pictures. Her jawline, and bone structure is all wrong. Here's some profile shots of Gal for comparison.

View attachment 258963
Gal-Gadot-Castro-Ad-620x350.jpg

View attachment 258964
062615-gal-gadot-lead.jpg

Gal_Gadot_1d.jpg

View attachment 258965
Gal-Gadot-Wallpaper-Wg29.jpg

It's not dead on but I agree with most people here that is is recognizable and thus, you can tell it's her. Nevertheless, I agree with you about her jawline and bone structure being all wrong, the statue lacks cheek bones and the shape of her face should be more narrower with a pointier chin. The face on this statue has a very flat appearance, whereas Gadot's bone structure is prominent.

People saying it's good enough, Prime 1 doesn't settle for good enough and neither should we.I will not buy this if they don't fix her likeness.

Well at least the likeness isn't as bad as the Hot Toys one. I am sure they will improve it, whether they will get it as perfect as the MOS is another issue.

Still think it looks nothing like her. The pictures in the white dress is of her gaining 17lbs of muscle mass, her facial structure hasn't changed, it's still sharply defined. The bridge of her nose, the lack of definition in her check bones & the shape of her eyes is what's throwing it off the most imo.

View attachment 258963
View attachment 258965
la-et-hc-wonder-woman-gal-gadot-20160324

View attachment 258964
gal-gadot-s-wonder-woman-costume-breakdown-3c0001ce-f213-4af0-bc95-aceeb0d11fcb-jpeg-104772.jpg

Agreed.

:goodpost:

Last edited:

The only thing I dont like is the attache arm lines
13007103_1677287579203626_2039331197086801250_n.jpg
hope they change that

I am so tempted to get this...first time I've ever been tempted by a 1/2 scale piece. The only way i can justify it money-wise and space-wise is to cancel a few of my current pieces. Argg!!!!

Pretty sure this head sculpt is based on 3D scan data, adding some details then print it out. Same process of the superman.
The reason why it doesn't look that great simply because the lighting and the material as well as the make up, well i mean paint apps.

I am so tempted to get this...first time I've ever been tempted by a 1/2 scale piece. The only way i can justify it money-wise and space-wise is to cancel a few of my current pieces. Argg!!!!

PFF I did not order alot of pieces in advance since I knew this was coming it was hell!!!

I still love the sculpt.

I'm thinking the shape of the face is probably correct, but imo with better 'makeup' paint app, they'll be able accentuate the angles, and hard lines of her face better as I'm thinking the original application is a bit too light.

Also better lighting.

I still love the sculpt.

I'm thinking the shape of the face is probably correct, but imo with better 'makeup' paint app, they'll be able accentuate the angles, and hard lines of her face better as I'm thinking the original application is a bit too light.

Also better lighting.

Agreed. I think it's the translucent resin that's making her features appear softer in the light. I love the look of it, but the wig makes this piece a pass for me. It was the right choice at this scale, but too mannequin-like for my personal taste.

Choices, choices.... with so many new preview and upcoming stuff... Tough times for collector

Agreed. I think it's the translucent resin that's making her features appear softer in the light. I love the look of it, but the wig makes this piece a pass for me. It was the right choice at this scale, but too mannequin-like for my personal taste.

Agreed, the wig is what's throwing it off for me at the moment, very mannequin like which doesn't match the rest of my statues / figures that are produced by these companies, it will stand out but maybe not for the right reason.

Or maybe de skin color should be darker...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty sure this head sculpt is based on 3D scan data, adding some details then print it out. Same process of the superman.
The reason why it doesn't look that great simply because the lighting and the material as well as the make up, well i mean paint apps.

Just because they used the process doesnt mean it's accurate. It's obvious that there is something off with the eyes and the nose is totally off as it is too narrow.

If that was the reason then the MOS sculpt would have a flat soft appearence to in certain lighting, which is not the case as i have yet to see one pic where the bone structure looks flat and soft like this sculpt.

Saying a digital print from a 3d scan data is not accurate? It will be far more accurate than you eyes.
All those reference photos are from different lighting environments, different focus length, different angles, different stage of the actress, basically not very useful at all.
de6pfnli_zpsdzo4hncn.jpg
So the one on the left has a very narrow cheekbone and the nose is too long obvious, and the worse thing is, the eyes are way too separated from each other!

Back