Prime 1 Studio Darkseid 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder how this is selling? People either love it or hate it.
I'm on the fence about ordering this. I Love the Size and Look of it but am a Huge Fan of the Traditional Darkseid outfit and not the 52 outfit. If Sideshow's was the same size in height and bulk as this that would have been the Perfect Darkseid statue to me.

I wonder how this is selling? People either love it or hate it.
I'm on the fence about ordering this. I Love the Size and Look of it but am a Huge Fan of the Traditional Darkseid outfit and not the 52 outfit. If Sideshow's was the same size in height and bulk as this that would have been the Perfect Darkseid statue to me.

only problem is classic darkseid isn't this big. He's a little taller than superman and more bulky but he's not double the size like in the new 52.

Yeah but the Sideshow Superman is a Big 1/4 and to me would still probably look better with a Darkseid the size of the Prime 1 than the Sideshow Darkseid. Again the argument is whether the Sideshow Darkseid is undersized or the Sideshow Superman is too large. At least that's how I see it.

IMO ...both the SSC Darkseid PF and P1 Darkseid are on the opposite extreme. The SSC Darkseid PF is small ...and the P1 Darkseid is way too big. Neither one is what I expect for the Darkseid I want in my collection. So I wait.

Hopefully, SSC will do another Darkseid PF ...and give it the same attention as they did for Thanos. I say Darkseid deserves that same attention.

IMO ...both the SSC Darkseid PF and P1 Darkseid are on the opposite extreme. The SSC Darkseid PF is small ...and the P1 Darkseid is way too big. Neither one is what I expect for the Darkseid I want in my collection. So I wait.

Hopefully, SSC will do another Darkseid PF ...and give it the same attention as they did for Thanos. I say Darkseid deserves that same attention.

I agree. I would like a Darkseid to go with the SS Justice League pf's. I don't care for the last Darkseid pf. I think this one looks great but between the size and New 52 look not sure it would display well with them.

SS Darkseid is perfectly fine and he goes pretty well with all of SS DC peices...Look at his girth!

IMG_4141_0938_zpshmmf723i.jpg

Sorry but doesn't fit at all.

Darkseid height- 7'6" (Classic) 231cm and 8'9" (Modern) 271cm

Superman 6'3" or 192cm

Totally not accurate by Sideshow

7'6 = 90" in 1/4 scale = 22.5"

SS Darkseid with leaning forward is around 21"...that's close enough. Plus his massive girth shows in the above pic.

7'6 = 90" in 1/4 scale = 22.5"

SS Darkseid with leaning forward is around 21"...that's close enough. Plus his massive girth shows in the above pic.

Exactly. Have him standing straight up and he's certainly significantly taller than Supes. The PF is a great representation of a classic Darkseid.

Darkseid Sideshow standalone sure is a good statue. But for putting him together with the rest is really not accurate. Especially compared to the big chested batman.

When someone is looking at these statues especially someone who is not familiar with these has to recognize that Darkseid is a biiig dude compared to the others.

And this is not. Hop over to the sideshow Darkseid thread, there are many comments. Minimum 4" missing compared to Superman

And again it is a nice standalone Darkseid but compared to the rest he is a little bit too small - in my opinion.

Unless you have all of the pieces that you are comparing them to each other, then your opinion is just your opinion.

Plus Batman was acknowledged by SS that he is oversize so any other 1/4 statue is going to look a bit small.

People are saying he is missing 4" compared to Superman? haha...I guess these people don't have them side by side, and they maybe confused since Darkseid is positioned on a lower base...
Here is another pic for you with Darkseid is on a higher grounds:
IMG_4153_0946_zpsxio4xbx3.jpg

Unless you have all of the pieces that you are comparing them to each other, then your opinion is just your opinion.

Plus Batman was acknowledged by SS that he is oversize so any other 1/4 statue is going to look a bit small.

People are saying he is missing 4" compared to Superman? haha...I guess these people don't have them side by side, and they maybe confused since Darkseid is positioned on a lower base...
Here is another pic for you with Darkseid is on a higher grounds:
IMG_4153_0946_zpsxio4xbx3.jpg

That looks pretty good if they made him that height.

DC action figure vs action figure.
DCUC+Darkseid+vs+Superman.jpg

Also the base isn't much lower, they have a similar stance with both feet almost even in height.

These are accurate pictures. Again - Darkseid is good but doesn't look accurate alongside the Trinity.

Here are a couple of fresh-out-of-the-box pics along with The Trinity. EX #189 (Got on waitlist Dec 17, notified of conversion Jan. 5) I haven't seen pics of Darkseid with these three yet, so I thought it might be helpful for those of you on the fence.

Again, it's been said by SS that their Trinity were made to stand out and overshadow the rest of their statues. For example, compare the trinity with the rest of the SS Justice League and I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about.

And to reference the pics above, if Darkseid's base is a bit higher then he would look more overpowering..so again, it's not Darkseid's height, it's his base which is I personally like my statues to be on different height bases to change the eye level.

To me though the size, girth, style, and representation of SS Darkseid are near perfect, and he looks great among the rest of my collection.'
IMG_4505_1182_zpsxjd1lxf0.jpg

Not taking anything away from P1 since their Darkseid is spot on, and looks great for people that into the 52 designs, but I can't stand 52 designs for most of the characters and especially how DC made Darkseid looks. If P1 made the classic Darkseid, then it might be a different story and I might have consider it.

Again, it's been said by SS that their Trinity were made to stand out and overshadow the rest of their statues. For example, compare the trinity with the rest of the SS Justice League and I'm sure you will see what I'm talking about.

And to reference the pics above, if Darkseid's base is a bit higher then he would look more overpowering..so again, it's not Darkseid's height, it's his base which is I personally like my statues to be on different height bases to change the eye level.

To me though the size, girth, style, and representation of SS Darkseid are near perfect, and he looks great among the rest of my collection.'
IMG_4505_1182_zpsxjd1lxf0.jpg

Not taking anything away from P1 since their Darkseid is spot on, and looks great for people that into the 52 designs, but I can't stand 52 designs for most of the characters and especially how DC made Darkseid looks. If P1 made the classic Darkseid, then it might be a different story and I might have consider it.

Spot on Ross. The Trinity's bases are all elevated to give them a grand presence. That's the look SSC was going for. If you take the body of Superman and compare it to the body of Darkseid...Darkseid is larger than Supes in every way (girth and height most importantly). Everyone can just throw out any comparison in scale when it comes to the Bats PF. He's clearly larger than 1/4 scale and dwarfs most 1/4 pieces (including Supes).

As someone who actually owns the Trinity PFs and Darkseid, I can say SSC did a solid job in their representation of a classic 70's and 80's Darkseid. Back then he was only slightly larger than the heroes he fought and not the monstrous sized villain he became later. This is a Jack Kirby/Keith Giffen sized Darkseid and I'm very happy with how the PF turned out. For those collectors that want a larger sized classic Darkseid, maybe SSC will release another PF down the line. Either way, I'm all good with what we got.

As a big Darkseid fan its been tough for me to skip both the SSC Darkseid and the Prime 1 Darkseid. I do think the SSC Darkseid is perfect classic Darkseid with a great sculpt. I do wish he had more size to create more presence not not Prime 1 size but just bigger. He is the big bad of DC...and should have been given the treatment that Thanos was given.

I think the Prime 1 Darkseid is awesome, great sculpt and detail. But the fact that New 52 is done and they have revised his costume kinda kills it for me.
Darkseid.jpg

I guess once Darkseid blows up in the DC movies maybe more statues will come out and I will be patient. I dont really collect movie versions, but I am curious to see what they do with him in the movie.

I like the size of this Darkseid but just can't deal with the New 52 look. I do have the SS Ex but have never taken it out of the box. I'm hoping either SS does another version that is more along the lines of Thanos, or Prime1 does a more classic version.

Back