Prime 1 Studio Darkseid 1/4 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ordered the second it went up for sale.

I have Thanos on pre-order and really wanted to add Darkseid as well to my setup. The PF Darkseid I think would look to small next to the Thanos on throne. Also the texture/detail/paint on the Prime Darkseid will match better with Thanos.

Here's a quick size comparison, all statues are tilted forward but each statue is set to scale. The Prime Darkseid is humongeuous.. he's gonna be way bulkier then Thanos but in my opinion will look better compared to the Darkseid PF which will look to small. Going by their statistics Darkseid is about 2 feet taller then Thanos. So comparing Thanos on Throne and Prime Darkseid, if Thanos were standing I think its pretty close in height to where they should be at.. its just Darkseid will be waaay bulkier. But comparing Thanos to the SS Darkseid, if Thanos were standing he would too tall in comparison and not accurate.

If I remember correctly Thanos should be 6' 7" and Darkseid is 8' 9".

Again this is all rough estimates but the Prime Darkseid base should be around 9" ..statue is 32" ..which makes him 23" tall, slightly slouched over.
Thanos is 21" sitting, theres really no base height, so Im estimating if he stood up he'd be another 3-4" taller.. putting him around 25" tall.
Prime Darkseid is hunched over so add some height and he should be roughly 2 feet taller then Thanos, right where he should be. Just a LOT bulkier. :) But Darkseid does have the power to grow so all is good depending how you look at it.

And as for the Darkseid PF, base looks roughly 6" ..statue is 26", putting Darkseid standing at the same height as Thanos sitting ...doesnt work.

O30ISwS.jpg

My main statue room is filled up so I was planning on adding a few pieces to the bedroom, if the wife doesnt kill me :wink1: ..so having Darkseid at one end and Thanos on the other but higher up, something like this...

1IqqzQ4.jpg

I need the size of this big boy - not the height obviously.

Ordered him - but now I have to plan a display. Think ikea stuva or pax won't work.

So how come a 3rd party retailer can sell this piece for 1199 (bigbadtoystore) as originally stated by P1 but SSC tacks on an extra $50 and charges $1250? You would imagine SSC is more direct than BBTS and therefore sell closer to the original price as noted by P1?

So how come a 3rd party retailer can sell this piece for 1199 (bigbadtoystore) as originally stated by P1 but SSC tacks on an extra $50 and charges $1250? You would imagine SSC is more direct than BBTS and therefore sell closer to the original price as noted by P1?

BBTS has always sold some items for less. They probably get retailer discounts.

Congrats to those getting this. I personally don't love the look of this and prefer the classic darkseid but this is a beast and should display well with the rest of the New 52 lineup from P1

SSC has the Exclusive though which is why they are probably charging extra (or at least can justify charging extra).

At best, that argument will only hold for as long as the exclusive is available. But once it goes to waitlist......

My thoughts exactly, if I'm not mistaken, EX and reg are usually the same price. Mr. Freeze P1 for example both EX and regular are the same price and $50 over the price P1 charges.

People might like this or not I ordered it i think it's a stunning piece but Kirby's darkseid is my favorite if they release a proper scale one I will be buying that one also. And if the DCEU darkseid is a masterpiece I will be in trouble because i might have to order that to lol.

Back