Prime 1 Studio - Batman: Arkham Origins - Batman Noël 1:3

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually watched a review of the first Prime 1 bats and they said that it came across more "toy" like for some reason. they said the face sculpt was amazing but that the rest looked a bit too much like a toy....

I saw a Legacy scale Darth Maul at a comic shop and thought the same thing... It had a doll / toy like look too it... Weird. One would think the bigger the better detail but it just took on a look that did not come across as an expensive collectible. So when I heard that about the Prime 1 bats I wondered if that the larger size created that issue.

Of course most that have received it love it... But I noted the same thing in pics and videos... I thought the body looked a little cheap and toy like. But will admit I have never seen one in person.

I've seen a couple reviews where that was the view. Imo they couldn't get past the use of plastic parts in the piece. Seems to be a real turnoff to some 'statue collectors'. And now with the bust having a well painted chestplate the question on why it was a separate piece is probably more valid now.

There's nothing toy like about the arkham bats and arkham knight pieces except for the fact that they are video game/comic book designs. If anything, the simple, monochromatic color scheme of the noel bats may hold it back, but I'm sure it's still better painted than your average SS piece.

Im actually genuinely curious now..do you think XM pieces are toylike? Very simple yet vibrant color schemes on a lot of those. Open question to any one on this thread.

First let me say that I am not putting down the P1 Batman. I have not seen it in person so I don't have anything to base my opinion on other than the thoughts of some others and from what I have seen in videos and pics. In some of the videos and pics I have noticed that some of the shots from around the neck area look detailed but have a toy like look to it... Then the Radd Titan guys reviewed it and felt it had a toy like presence. When I saw the Darth Maul Legacy scale I thought maybe these pieces looking toy like had something to do with the size... Because that Maul looked more doll / toy like then any 1/4 scale piece I have seen.. Perhaps if it was fully sculpted I would not have felt that way.

Prime 1 Batman's have awesome paint apps so I am not putting them down. I only compare them to the modern Bats PF because I love that darn thing so much.

As for XM... I have never seen one in person. In pics they look like they are made from vinyl but in videos they look great paint wise (I am not always impressed with the pose choices and face sculpts)

As for Noel.... I love that piece also... 1/4 scale I would have kept my order. Even at its present price. That's how great I think it is. But It would look a bit out of place in my 1/4 scale collection.

Anyways... I want to make sure I am not coming across as dissing on these P1 pieces.

Or you can take the point to the other extreme where everything in our collections are 'Toys' or 'Toylike'.

To most of us they are great collectables but to many outside of this hobby, well they're really not. :cuckoo:

In my case I'm not even sure if there is a viable market for my collectables in Australia.

Heck even on this forum I've read arguments between Statue collectors and Hot Toys collectors. Usually dissing on the Hot Toys collectors. :gah:

And one other thing, both companies have 'Toy' in their name/website address. :dunno

The statue vs action figure is one of the great never ending conflicts of our world. Good vs evil, DC vs Marvel, Star Trek vs Star Wars, Axis vs Allies, Capitalism vs Communism...

Yeah it's mostly statue owners crapping on action figger owners, but little do they realize that to the outside world we're all looney geeky nerds collecting dolls all the same, as mentioned above.

Last edited:
As for Noel.... I love that piece also... 1/4 scale I would have kept my order. Even at its present price. That's how great I think it is. But It would look a bit out of place in my 1/4 scale collection.

Well said. I have this same fear that when my Harley arrives I just won't like it as it doesn't scale and I'm still not entirely sure at this point even how/where I'm displaying it. When I saw the Noel Bats I was instantly in love with it, but never pulled the trigger, wish this were all in 1/4 scale, even if they charged the same prices.

Some Pics are up on facebook. IMO this thing looks great and is by far the best Batman offering from P1. The suit, face sculpts, and pose take this a step above all the others... Only Miller's is close IMO. I wish I had more room for 1/3 scale items... I would have never canceled this if I did.

14606426_10205732850320414_3832970846478422966_n.jpg

How do people display these? Is PAX the way to go? Do they sell clear glass windows/doors so you can keep them dust-free and visible?

What a beauty!!! If I did not have that many statues in pre-order I would have jumped on this one as well.

Some Pics are up on facebook. IMO this thing looks great and is by far the best Batman offering from P1. The suit, face sculpts, and pose take this a step above all the others... Only Miller's is close IMO. I wish I had more room for 1/3 scale items... I would have never canceled this if I did.

14606426_10205732850320414_3832970846478422966_n.jpg

Back