Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks really really great to me- all that detail- the clinched hands look very realistic.

Fortunately your display pretty much negates the armpit issue with shadows. The only solution I could think of was possibly tying some fishing line around the armpits/shoulder. Not worth the bother IMHO. Congrats on your purchase!

Fortunately your display pretty much negates the armpit issue with shadows. The only solution I could think of was possibly tying some fishing line around the armpits/shoulder. Not worth the bother IMHO. Congrats on your purchase!

Who knew that shadows could be a benefit :lol

And he’s temporarily in the white Stuva (as I wanted to keep the dust off) but soon he’ll be in a black Besta cabinet when I get them made up, so it’ll be even darker!!

And yup I’ve pretty much given up on doing anything to the armpits etc. As I don’t want to risk damaging it.

Overall though how do you like it? Is it really undersized in person?

I’ve got a feeling that over time I’ll like it more than I do now, once I get over it’s issues.

I wouldn’t say it’s totally undersized for its scale, but it definitely looks small against the others in the Justice League line, except for Aquaman who is similarly scaled.

As you may have seen I’m putting them in their own individual cabinets. By weeks end I should have all 6 and none of them will be displayed together unfortunately, at least not directly side by side. And I just finished dusting all the other JL statues prior to putting them all in their near dust proof cabinets and just the thought of dusting and wiping all the statues and cabinets again is a scary thought.

Just got mine; here is some photos
The armpit area is not perfect, but way better than other collectors photos
I already tried to rotate the photos, but still not in vertical position
IMG_20200218_212633.jpg
IMG_20200218_212816.jpg
IMG_20200218_212852.jpg
IMG_20200218_213029.jpg
IMG_20200218_213034.jpg
IMG_20200218_213107.jpg
IMG_20200218_213110.jpg
IMG_20200218_213230.jpg
IMG_20200218_213321.jpg

A collector has just posted a few photos and videos to the Facebook group and on his right arm it seems to completely wrap around the right bicep!.... but not so much the left.....

A collector has just posted a few photos and videos to the Facebook group and on his right arm it seems to completely wrap around the right bicep!.... but not so much the left.....
Yea those were mine ;)

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Just unboxed mine and thought I'd add my 2 cents. I don't own the 1:2 scale but I did at one time. Statue overall is great, very similar to 1:2. Head sculpts I like more than the 1:2, but the boots section is worse. The 1:2 had the look of multiple layers at the top of the boot, 1:3 you can tell is just 1 layer. Armpit area does not bother me, I'm just glad the suit has flex to center the S emblem. The walking pose also feals better in person.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

if any of you have instagram and want to see more in-hand pics, Robert Chen has posted quite a few good clear pics of this piece. The guy has an incredible collection altogether. He must have one heck of a good job :lol

also, thanks for all the close ups @Simon7180 :clap :hi5:

Oof, that armpit area is bad. They really shouldn't use cloth if its going to be stitched unrealistically like this.

True enough. The 1/2 scale was fine, but not so much this one. However the very fine details on the fabric are very impressive and never would’ve been replicated by current sculpting and production methods.

In most photos you can’t even see it, unless you use your flash etc, as it’s somewhat easily obscured by shadows. I’ve found that you can adjust the fabric a bit on the right arm, but not at all on the left arm as there’s nothing to get the fabric to hold onto as the arm is pulled slightly to the back.

Even though it annoys me that it’s there, I’ve more or less gotten used to it.

Finally got mine set up ill post some pics tomorrow. Surprisingly, I actually prefer him with the heat vision sculpt more then the regular, it matches the pose a bit better imo. Both sculpts are ****ing awesome though so you cant go wrong either way. Mine came just as advertised, pretty much flawless, no complaints from me whatsoever. My wife was floored by the overall tailoring and craftsmanship, that doesnt happen very often with statues!! She also thought the heat vision head (she called it the “scary sculpt” lol) looked better on it too.

My sideshow mos pf is now in my sons room, so glad to finally get that eye sore out of my collection space

It was a custom that someone did.

49917522453_6cee8a6253_b.jpg

I ordered their Reeve bust and will order their Keaton bust :) but didn't get this one as i have the 1/2 scale prime 1 statue. They do amazing work and are great people. Did you know there is a video of Cavill holding that bust and looking at it?

Back