Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The superman to wonder woman scaling issue doesnt bother me to be honest, i know its not perfect but it not nearly as bad as batman next to most of the others. But again i could case less about bats. Personally i think all this hate which was based off that old chinese video is way overblown. This supes statue is the best 1/3 or 1/4 scale movie statue to date the justice league bats is debatable the ss version is really well done too and its not gigantic. The likeness to cavill is outstanding way better than hot toys or any other statue in this scale or smaller

The sideshow premium format from a few years ago had a armpit issue but most were willing to over look it. For some reason this statue gets held to a higher standard.

From this (not mine) and other photos you can see that Superman is even undersized compared to Wonder Woman, unless you think Gal Gadot is similarly sized to Supes.

View attachment 477314

And I?ve had JL Bats beside Wonder Woman and Cyborg and they scale fine. It?s Aquaman (which I also have) and now supposedly Superman which are the outliers.

View attachment 477317

View attachment 477318

View attachment 477319

View attachment 477320

Batman heads look out of scale with all of them.

Batman heads look out of scale with all of them.

Not really, Cyborg and Wonder Woman look okay against Batman, whereas the size discrepancy of Aquaman and Superman are much more noticeable. And even Flash does as well, but I‘ve always felt that Flash was oversized against most of them except for maybe Bats.

And Ben Affleck actually has a bigger head than most. Just google images of him and the other cast members. Even against Cavill.

The superman to wonder woman scaling issue doesnt bother me to be honest, i know its not perfect but it not nearly as bad as batman next to most of the others. But again i could case less about bats. Personally i think all this hate which was based off that old chinese video is way overblown. This supes statue is the best 1/3 or 1/4 scale movie statue to date the justice league bats is debatable the ss version is really well done too and its not gigantic. The likeness to cavill is outstanding way better than hot toys or any other statue in this scale or smaller

Maybe, but my only issue is and always has been in relation to the fitting of the costume around the armpit area. Everything else I considered to be part of the bad lightning, angle and focus etc. But I’m guessing by now most of us are somewhat prepared for what we may get in relation to that. Because everything else about the statue is great..... well the pose is somewhat stiff but that’s about it.

It?s almost like most of the collectors who have him in hand are intentionally keeping the area in shadow.

But looking though his video it doesn?t look like the armpit area has been fixed. And I?ve got a feeling there isn?t enough loose material to tuck the fabric into the armpits (even if that were at all possible). I?m starting to think I?ll just have to accept the inevitable.
The fabric does seem a little more movable than I originally thought judging by how bad the boots were twisted. Seems like the fabric has a bunch of give from that portion of the review.
Yes, I'm surprised no one is taking a credit card to try to push up the material. Or maybe they are and are not showing it.

Even with all of the issues, I think there are some positives with this one, most notably the Cavill headsculpt which IMO is the best one out there (even better than the 1/2 scale).

I agree, I think the regular Cavill sculpt is fantastic for sure.

The fabric does seem a little more movable than I originally thought judging by how bad the boots were twisted. Seems like the fabric has a bunch of give from that portion of the review.

I agree, I think the regular Cavill sculpt is fantastic for sure.

The give around the body has been known for quite a while (boots, legs, chest and arms) but the question still remains if the main problem area can be fixed or not. I’ve got a feeling it can’t be, as even on the prototype photos the armpits were always in shadow. So it may well be designed to be that way.... oh well at least the 1/2 scale doesn’t have that issue. And I’m still looking forward to adding this 1/3 JL Superman to my collection.

this is $1,000. Batman was what, $400?

And the community does seem to nitpick way more over movie related pieces. Just look at the discussions on Star Wars, Alien or Predator pieces, of which is on a completely different level over that of those on the Marvel and DC pieces.

Isn't the 1/3 deathstroke out... surprise no one is discussing that.

Isn't the 1/3 deathstroke out... surprise no one is discussing that.

This forum sometimes seems that it’s dead from time to time. For 1/6 figures it seems okay, but for statues it’s a bit iffy.

To get the same level of activity as we did this time last year, just on this forum, I need to visit this forum, the other forum and a few Facebook groups.

This forum sometimes seems that it’s dead from time to time. For 1/6 figures it seems okay, but for statues it’s a bit iffy.

To get the same level of activity as we did this time last year, just on this forum, I need to visit this forum, the other forum and a few Facebook groups.

Seems like a lot of people left when the site was constantly down that one month.

Seems like a lot of people left when the site was constantly down that one month.

That and prices are ridiculously high now for almost everything in statue form. Im sure a lot of people who used to buy multiple statue a year are less active because they aren't buying nearly as many as they used too. The 1/6 scale threads are still pretty active but again they are a lot cheaper even with rising prices still in comparison to these statues. Statue forum has hardly any activity either, its a dying priced out market lol. Statue companies better be taking note. Prime 1 releases 1k statues like Hot toys does 1/6 scale figures lol, unless your bill gates, aint no way you have the space or funds to buy multiple 1/3 1k statues per year- even the price creep on 1/4 is insane now. Its more like 2 or 3 statues instead of the good ole days when 1/4 were like $300 and you can buy 10 of them

Statue forum is more active than this site, prime 1 are churning them out as they've found a way to make money, I think they're doing just fine. As for the quality of their statues compared to a few years ago, that's another issue

I use to visit this forum and SF. Figured just stay on one forum. As we are basically discussing the same thing, with the same people almost but need to type everything 2x hahahaha

I use to visit this forum and SF. Figured just stay on one forum. As we are basically discussing the same thing, with the same people almost but need to type everything 2x hahahaha

Yeah I'm a long time lurker on sf

Yup, but that’s what copy and paste is for :wink1:..... I should know, I’ve done it so many times across both forums :lol

Back