Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I ordered their Reeve bust and will order their Keaton bust :) but didn't get this one as i have the 1/2 scale prime 1 statue. They do amazing work and are great people. Did you know there is a video of Cavill holding that bust and looking at it?

Those both look great too! I simply didn't have room for the Reeve one and to be perfectly honest, I'm not as big of a fan of the original movies. I haven't seen the video. I think I saw a picture though.

Your display looks amazing!

Are they besta cabinets?

Thanks. They are PAX cabinets (like Kalel-sonofel [nice name by the way] said). They have the sliding doors on them with custom cut acrylic panels.

Those both look great too! I simply didn't have room for the Reeve one and to be perfectly honest, I'm not as big of a fan of the original movies. I haven't seen the video. I think I saw a picture though.

Thanks. They are PAX cabinets (like Kalel-sonofel [nice name by the way] said). They have the sliding doors on them with custom cut acrylic panels.

Pax are deeper and a little narrower than besta, correct? Are there any issues with weight limits on pax, like do you reinforce your shelves somehow?

Pax are deeper and a little narrower than besta, correct? Are there any issues with weight limits on pax, like do you reinforce your shelves somehow?

Bestas are 15.75 inches deep and 23.625 inches wide.

PAX are 22.875 inches deep and either 29.5 or 39.25 inches wide.

I bought these to put under the shelves for reinforcement and to prevent bowing (you can spray paint them black to blend in better...or just get everything in white instead):

https://www.ikea.com/us/en/p/komplement-pull-out-clothes-rail-dark-gray-30256966/

49609255726_29b6cd01f1_b.jpg

He finally arrived today and I honestly couldn't be happier. I almost cancelled this due to the early armpit drama but I'm very happy I didn't. The presence this statue has in person is simply amazing.

20200601_210240.jpg

Attachments

• 20200601_210201.jpg
    20200601_210201.jpg
    224 KB · Views: 198
Hi everyone!

I have received the figure with this flaw, you would know how I could glue and fix without damaging the figure?

Thank You

IMG-7744.jpg

Hi everyone!

I have received the figure with this flaw, you would know how I could glue and fix without damaging the figure?

Thank You

IMG-7744.jpg

From the amount of posts I’ve read on the Facebook group, unfortunately that appears to be becoming an common occurrence.

Supposedly you can heat the area with a hair dryer etc to reactivate the glue and all you have to do is hold it down.

Prime 1 warns not to use super glues etc as that will damage the fabric. Though I think they also suggested rubber cement etc.

some fabric hemming tape will do the trick. Just make sure to buy the kind that doesn't require heat, just pressure. That's what I used on both of my Hot Toys MoS and BvS collars when I repositioned them. Glue can be messy and potentially create the weird white haze

Would you recommend this statue? I'm still undecided regarding which one is going to be my first ever Prime 1 studio statue. Is either this one or the Injustice 2 Superman.

Would you recommend this statue? I'm still undecided regarding which one is going to be my first ever Prime 1 studio statue. Is either this one or the Injustice 2 Superman.

I dont like it.
Head too small for that body, arms and lats not good and bad pose.
In the future other superman 1:3 will do, I advise you to wait.

I would watch videos and look at photos. It's really up to you. Lots of people like it. Obviously some don't. That's the same with virtually every statue.

If you like the Injustice 2 costume, I'd go for that one. Much more dynamic. Plus, you can pair it with that awesome Injustice 2 Braniac.

I would watch videos and look at photos. It's really up to you. Lots of people like it. Obviously some don't. That's the same with virtually every statue.

it's not just a question of likes or dislikes. The statue has many serious imperfections, the problem is that.
And it's really a shame, because the sculpt is good.

it's not just a question of likes or dislikes. The statue has many serious imperfections, the problem is that.
And it's really a shame, because the sculpt is good.

Whats the big serious inperfection, i cannot see any on mine. Are you sure you didnt get a defective piece. I mean with statues these days its a 50-50 crapshoot that you get a defective one

Whats the big serious inperfection, i cannot see any on mine. Are you sure you didnt get a defective piece. I mean with statues these days its a 50-50 crapshoot that you get a defective one

Probably the same problem that all of us who have this piece and that’s the outfit not hugging the body as tightly as it should be. Particularly around the armpit area. And quite a few had weak glue around the collar. Or maybe that outside of the Aquaman piece it’s seriously undersized in comparison to the other four in the line.

I’ve sort of gotten used to it now, but I’m still pissed at them about it when they lied through their teeth about the armpit issues. They said those problems were only a China first batch issue and that any minor problems would be able to be fixed by moving the material around. But of course I already thought they were being misleading, and sometimes I just get mad remembering how many people on the Facebook groups took them at their word and told me I was wrong when I questioned that they didn’t actually show the problem being fixed.

Probably the same problem that all of us who have this piece and that’s the outfit not hugging the body as tightly as it should be. Particularly around the armpit area. And quite a few had weak glue around the collar. Or maybe that outside of the Aquaman piece it’s seriously undersized in comparison to the other four in the line.

I’ve sort of gotten used to it now, but I’m still pissed at them about it when they lied through their teeth about the armpit issues. They said those problems were only a China first batch issue and that any minor problems would be able to be fixed by moving the material around. But of course I already thought they were being misleading, and sometimes I just get mad remembering how many people on the Facebook groups took them at their word and told me I was wrong when I questioned that they didn’t actually show the problem being fixed.

Prime 1 sucks at scaling i agree supes is undersized, but bats in the line is out of control oversized. I have the suicide squad bats with the line next to supes and he looks Freakin great next to him

While its not ideal, one overlooked benefit to p1’s scaling issues within a line is that other statues from other lines can be mixed in

Im just waiting on ssc to ship my p1 justice league flash and p1 aquaman movie piece to complete the team. Until we get the inevitable GL in the dc movie universe that is

I sold mine.
-The head is not in proportion to the upper part of the body, it is too small.
-Arms and lats muscle are deformed and ugly to see.
-The costume has a flat color, it is not as bright as the prototype or like the 1:2 version.
-Bad pose.

This piece sucks, But if you're satisfied I'm happy, It's the most important thing.
I tried to like it, I liked the sculpture, but every time I looked at it I see d all these imperfections and I decided to sell it.

Back