Prime 1 Studio: 1:3 Justice League - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Honestly I've never bought a proper ECC piece other than the potted Little Groot, and honestly that piece could've been much better, especially for the price. And I was a lot happier with the later Hot Toys Baby Groots, so much so that I bought two of them and gave my mum the ECC piece.

Well ECC do have their hits and misses guess Groot was one of their misses. Most of their hits are creatures but Like I said the MIB bust Rosenberg is better in quality than anything Hot Toys has ever produced. It looks like a real human head not just because of the glass eyes and hair but because of the high quality paint job.

With that in mind, I guess using never was a stretch but than again you're paying almost double for equivalent 1/3 scales. The price for their 1/3 AOU Mark 43 and Hulk were overkill imo, relative to the pricing that Prime 1 were charging at the time for their 1/3 scale pieces.

I get what you are saying and I agree that the paint job on that Iron man is no better in quality than that on Prime's pieces. FYI ECC didn't make the 1/3 AOU Mark 43 that was cinemaquette, (CM) which is a totally different company than ECC but is the is official US distributor of ECC's products. CM uses silicon and ECC uses translucent resin like Prime but unlike Prime they use glass eyes and real hair even on their 1/3 scale pieces like CM does.

Last edited:
Well ECC do have their hits and misses guess Groot was one of their misses. Most of their hits are creatures but Like I said the MIB bust Rosenberg is better in quality than anything Hot Toys has ever produced. It looks like a real human head not just because of the glass eyes and hair but because of the high quality paint job.

I get what you are saying and I agree that the paint job on that Iron man is no better in quality than that on Prime's pieces. FYI ECC didn't make the 1/3 AOU Mark 43 that was cinemaquette, (CM) which is a totally different company than ECC but is the is official US distributor of ECC's products. CM uses silicon and ECC uses translucent resin like Prime but unlike Prime they use glass eyes and real hair even on their 1/3 scale pieces like CM does.

Thanks for the info. I had previously wondered on the apparent interchangeability of the the two names.

And I have to admit I was looking at that MIB piece for the longest time when it first became available on Popcultcha.

Thanks for the info. I had previously wondered on the apparent interchangeability of the the two names.

Your welcome and I was confused to, so I asked ECC if they were CM and they set me straight that they weren't.

And I have to admit I was looking at that MIB piece for the longest time when it first became available on Popcultcha.

Yeah it looks very life-like, I am just not into that character, basically I just appreciate the art behind it, since most statue companies don't produce that kind of quality on their Human pieces.

From Facebook...

25-F87-F8-C-C05-D-440-C-9480-03-B317-B780-AB.jpg

Well as expected my June Flex payment just got delayed to July. Let’s see if it gets delayed until August, or maybe September like WW?

I think the initial PO said June-August 2019. I always expect the later date anyway. Anything earlier is a bonus.

I think the initial PO said June-August 2019. I always expect the later date anyway. Anything earlier is a bonus.

Yep, you’re right.

Copied and pasted from my day one preorder.

Superman - Exclusive Edition
DC Comics Statue by Prime 1 Studio
There is a non-refundable deposit of US $100.00 / item
Expected to ship Jun 2019 - Aug 2019

Yep, you’re right.

Copied and pasted from my day one preorder.

Superman - Exclusive Edition
DC Comics Statue by Prime 1 Studio
There is a non-refundable deposit of US $100.00 / item
Expected to ship Jun 2019 - Aug 2019

Prime 1 Studios site now shows Est. Arrival: Sep. 2019 - Nov. 2019. Sideshow has not updated their delivery or sent out a notice it has been delayed again yet.

Prime 1 said they will no longer be showing off new pieces at the cons they will do it at their events or through their social media.

Back