Prime 1 Studio - 1:3 Jim Lee 'Hush' Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was waiting to see how the black variant would look like but I might not care anymore... :lol this piece looks great. Still prefer the black/grey colorway more since the DKRIII Master Race statue could be my blue/grey version, but I might just settle on this Hush, looks great.

Yeah I’m actually starting to think more about the black/grey version myself now that the DKR statue has the black emblem switch out.

I thought someone said a while back though that the black version will only be available on the P1 site, and if that’s the case won’t shipping cost significantly more to the US?

Either way, yeah. I’ll have a decision to make. I am kind of leaning towards the black version though. Is there a way that P1 tends to handle these variant situations though when it comes to the switch outs? Do we think the black version will have all the switch outs the blue EX version has?

Yeah I’m actually starting to think more about the black/grey version myself now that the DKR statue has the black emblem switch out.

I thought someone said a while back though that the black version will only be available on the P1 site, and if that’s the case won’t shipping cost significantly more to the US?

Either way, yeah. I’ll have a decision to make. I am kind of leaning towards the black version though. Is there a way that P1 tends to handle these variant situations though when it comes to the switch outs? Do we think the black version will have all the switch outs the blue EX version has?

Last I heard Kelvin wasn't sure whether the black variant would be just a repaint or a new sculpt. There's literally no info on it anywhere.

Yeah, no idea whether it will be the exact same statue w/ black/grey colorway or a completely new statue overall. Even though it was mentioned a year or so ago that there would be a black variant, Loke's latest post didn't confirm it but rather said that Pham is a huge Batman fan and that there would be black/grey version down the line, now whether he's referring to Hush or a Finch Batman that was teased a few years back... that is also unknown. So yeah, we were given absolutely nothing in what to expect...
:lol:slap

The black Hush variant was supposed to be limited. That was all that was really said about the proposed variants. If that means only through Prime 1, then yes, shipping costs would be much higher and depending on how that looks and whether it blows the current one away, I might just settle with what we have now as it looks great. Don't even need the grinning sculpt EX (that was the only EX part right?), so no need to jump on the waitlist. The RE might even have some discounts or deals down the road.

I agree that the changes, for the most part, are great; I love the new cape and head sculpt but there are a couple of things that I feel looked better on the previous prototype.

How Batman's left leg (I circled the better looking one from the original prototype) appears to have been changed does not look as good now as it did on the original pre-order prototype. His leg looked far more muscular in the original, the seam even bulged down, but that new one makes it look like he skipped leg day on that one leg, not to mention that the musculature on the original prototype appeared to be more accurate to how our leg muscles actually look (the new prototype appears incorrect as far as muscle placement...in my opinion and, especially, when compared to the accuracy of original prototype).

Also, I liked the tricep contour on the original more as well, and the way the bicep was also more "pumped" ok both arms but I can live with that change. ;)

The cape on the original prototype was pointed below the chin but the new one is rounded (I also liked the pointed one a bit better but I will have to go see which is more accurate) but, really, this isn't a big deal at all.

I really hope they fix that leg (and hopefully add in that extra bicep pump from the original) before the piece goes into production. Overall, the new one is definitely better and I'm glad they fixed that portrait size. This piece is definitely a show-stopper though; looks great.
706b9813fe5b2e864d5eda8221e358d9.jpg

Sent from my LG-H873 using Tapatalk

I agree that the changes, for the most part, are great; I love the new cape and head sculpt but there are a couple of things that I feel looked better on the previous prototype.

How Batman's left leg (I circled the better looking one from the original prototype) appears to have been changed does not look as good now as it did on the original pre-order prototype. His leg looked far more muscular in the original, the seam even bulged down, but that new one makes it look like he skipped leg day on that one leg, not to mention that the musculature on the original prototype appeared to be more accurate to how our leg muscles actually look (the new prototype appears incorrect as far as muscle placement...in my opinion and, especially, when compared to the accuracy of original prototype).

Also, I liked the tricep contour on the original more as well, and the way the bicep was also more "pumped" ok both arms but I can live with that change. ;)

The cape on the original prototype was pointed below the chin but the new one is rounded (I also liked the pointed one a bit better but I will have to go see which is more accurate) but, really, this isn't a big deal at all.

I really hope they fix that leg (and hopefully add in that extra bicep pump from the original) before the piece goes into production. Overall, the new one is definitely better and I'm glad they fixed that portrait size. This piece is definitely a show-stopper though; looks great.
706b9813fe5b2e864d5eda8221e358d9.jpg

They're not fixing the leg. So many people complained about the original leg so they changed it. I doubt they're going to change it again and disappoint more people who are now interested in buying this because of the leg change (which affects the stance of the whole statue).

The left leg definitely looks a little smaller than the right, but isn't that realistic in that situation? His left leg is fully extended and his right leg is 90 degree bent. Wouldn't the leg "bulge" a bit when bent where as a fully extended leg would not?

As for the front of the cape, that's a bit weird to me because in this video it's not flush with his body where as look at a comic con video from 2 weeks ago, and it is. Maybe they're testing out different looks to see what people like better?

They're not fixing the leg. So many people complained about the original leg so they changed it. I doubt they're going to change it again and disappoint more people who are now interested in buying this because of the leg change (which affects the stance of the whole statue).

Doubting that they are going to make the change is definitely NOT the same as saying that they will not fix the leg...especially considering the fact that you do not have insider information on what "Prime 1" has in mind. The changes made are not simply due to the more upright pose.

If it stays as-is then so be it but I had to mention it.

The left leg definitely looks a little smaller than the right, but isn't that realistic in that situation? His left leg is fully extended and his right leg is 90 degree bent. Wouldn't the leg "bulge" a bit when bent where as a fully extended leg would not?

As for the front of the cape, that's a bit weird to me because in this video it's not flush with his body where as look at a comic con video from 2 weeks ago, and it is. Maybe they're testing out different looks to see what people like better?
Great points! I am sure that well see a final prototype soon. [emoji4]

Well just to update...my EX converted. So..I was fine with just Batman Arkham and Frank Miller....now this and def Master Race...geez..this got away from me fast :) I really like the changes to this one....so will probably keep it.

My EX WL converted. Now to keep or not to keep...

In the same boat. Leaning (no pun intended) toward keeping. I have Hush Superman already on pre-order and this goes perfectly with it. What is giving me second thoughts is the DKIII Batman. I love the piece but that Batman looks like it will take up more room than i would like. But man is it awesome!

In the same boat. Leaning (no pun intended) toward keeping. I have Hush Superman already on pre-order and this goes perfectly with it. What is giving me second thoughts is the DKIII Batman. I love the piece but that Batman looks like it will take up more room than i would like. But man is it awesome!

Moore room than this one? I hope not! I assumed this one would be a lot wider than the DKIII Batman.

Back