Statue Prime 1 Optimus Prime The Last Kinght statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It’s not in stock at SS so that’s weird. Maybe I’ll ask them tomorrow but I hate to get the standard reply.

I guess nobody on here bought this statue really since this thread is small and nobody says they are shipping or even posting here.

I chatted with SS today and it’s been there since the 9th but what she said is something as a POer I’ve never heard or seen before.

She said the reason it’s still says Preorder on the site is because until they get more than they have to fulfill the POs it will remain Preorder on the site.

Must be a new policy or I don’t know maybe there was very low orders of it which I don’t doubt. With the cost and it being near identical to the last one I doubt many were interested. I got it because I never bought the old ones and so I thought why not. This thread is low pages and that is likely more proof of low orders and the fact it came out like 8 months early is another sign.

I know there’s only 500 so there’s that.

I know Prime 1 is good so I’m hoping this statue is perfect and not just a rush job.

I’m hoping it ships out today. Nothing says screw you than them not shippzing it after I paid $1457 balance off.

Ok so I’m typically SS friendly. They always done right by me but today while not the worst it was the second time in a row they messed up on what card to charge even after confirming my card number. I mean thankfully I had the money to cover the charge or I’d be getting overdraft fees but with the recorded chat sessions I have proof I didn’t authorize that card if I needed to use it.

I had paid the balance using my CC then I pay that from my personal account well I go look and they charged my business account.

3 weeks ago they did the opposite and that was annoying.

So I get back on chat basically saying what happened and that I didn’t want to delay shipping if voiding was possible thinking repaying with the right card may not get it out today.. They say they can’t do it but if they could it won’t delay the shipping.

So I have heartily say well can you slap a 2 dayair on it for my troubles and it’s a PITA now to go to my bank and shuffle money all because they can’t look at wth they are doing. The reply was oh we wish we could but it’s already on the truck on it’s way to you lmao yeah ok 1 hour ago they said it may or may not make it out today and I see a scan at 7:36 saying it’s ready for UPS.

I did get $25 if my alien dog but the BS lie on the shipping is just childish. I’d rather they just say it’s to costly but them charging the wrong card was potentially dangerous to my finances. They should have been happy to upgrade my shipping.

That’s my opinion

Must be the box size it cost double the price of this that’s my Iron Studios Vader and it weighed more

It’s out for delivery right now so I’m excited. Never owned anything like this.

Not 100% ready to display it in the right spot but maybe I’ll get it put together later.

3D20D985-955C-4C62-83DE-F7E2001405C1.jpg

I’m gonna open it but can’t put it where it goes just yet. I got 160/500

So being my first Prime 1 piece I was excited and it did not disappoint. I had one issue with a tiny piece of armor on the top of the chest that fell off or was broken but I’ve reviewed the pieces and I’m just blown away at the quality and paint application. I have a lot of nice statues but this piece dominates them all. The pieces look like real metal and the chrome is perfect. Bottom line is this thing is looking perfect and surpasses my expectations.

Upon opening the base I was floored. I went to pick it up and I’m not weak and thought I may need to get someone to help me safely remove it. Picking it up to show it was a task itself. I immediately thought this was a mistake to walk around with it. The thing if I wasn’t aware I’d swear it was made of metal. The skill and paint app is stupid good. I mean wow on the base.

Next I opened the other box and immediately was intimidated by the number of pieces and every one of them looks like a super professional worked on them. Like every little or big piece was just off the chart. No idea how Prime 1 gets these done. Anyone who sees their transformers like me has had to of wonder how they do them. They must have an army of very tiny painters getting inside the most intricate of pieces.

One just has to see how tiny some of these details are and how all of it is detailed and painted and not just sprayed in silver. I’ll take pictures of the pieces in the 5k LED lights I have soon and all can see the masters at work.

While anyone who owns, owned or saw these in person can attest to the amazing work. Now I didn’t see the prototype of it in person but unlike other companies there is no way it was better than this I got in the box. Basically how could it get better?

Here’s a few pix but nothing too good and my downstairs has bad lighting for pix needed to show this unlike upstairs where it will reside.

NOTE: He does not have any pieces on him just the basic arms and legs. Well the EX left hand but no armor pieces because they will hopefully be replacing the main body and I’m not taking all that stuff off it’s just too much.

Ok so I contacted SS on chat and they immediately sent me an email to send in pix. I think he said they have people that deal with Prime 1 specifically but not exclusively. So I had to send it the pix of it and of the bottom of the base for Edition number.

Within an hour I got an email explaining how Prime 1 is far away and that it will take time so they offered me money and fix it or they would start the processing of the claim. This is of course standard yet really it’s fine. What else can they really do but I will say the service was faster than I’ve ever had and I’ve had plenty.

So I decided to keep and fix it and so let me explain why and exactly how it’s broken.

If you see in the photo the top left red piece that is broken off. I do not believe it was off or at least totally broken off upon delivery. The main unit comes with a piece of foam over it with two slits cut out for these 2 little red pieces. Well the pieces have rubber like material at the point they attach to another rubber like tab and so they connect in a side by side manner with rubber fitting together like a puzzle sort of. The whole piece these attach to is flexible so clearly this has some form of flexible material used in it. This is not at all cheap nor bad. This statue is a high quality piece but like anything it has delicate spots.

When I was removing th foam it just popped off and I was being scared careful with it. It’s likely that the adhesive just wasn’t enough or who knows. The other side was fine. So yes it popped off but it wasn’t a broken piece of polystone it was just a flat spot where two rubbery piece are glued together and of course removing the foam needs to be done with extreme care.

I have already told SS I’d fix it and scared as well lol but it’s already fixed and the 110% truth is that it’s stronger and nobody could ever tell. The way it sits the piece is behind another. I laid a piece of paper towel under it down into the torso and used the tiniest dot of superglue and got it in place and it went on perfectly. I did at least 5 dry runs and really it was so easy. No extra glue residue and I wiggled it pretty strong and it’s just perfect. Likely better glue. I actually saw no evidence it has any glue or whatever they use. When you see yours in person you’ll see how easy it was.

So I’ll take the cash because I’m not looking to sell soon and if I do the buyer will get a perfect piece with an upgrade lol

Here’s some pix of it before and after. Maybe today if I get my trim done I’ll move this beast upstairs and dress him up.

You will need 4 C and 4 LR44 batteries.

So I finally got my room done upstairs and was able to get Prime in place to assemble him with all his parts. I don’t have him under the 5ks still but it’s so tall that may be an issue till I build my 3rd custom shelf specifically for these large format pieces.

So it’s a lot to assemble and every piece was a work of art. Instructions were ok but could be better. For the quality of the product and instructions throwing a little clear picture of the part used or even a number key linking the part and instructions step number would have been very simple. It was not the worst but that would improve it with minimum effort.

The detail, paintwork and overall sculpt are off the charts. They really know how to do battle damage extremely realistic. All marks look to be not overdone and on the right spots not just randomly scratched up. This is what puts Prime 1 at the top. You see this in person and handle it and see how the magnets are all shaped to help assembly.

Top to bottom a great piece and the best statue I’ve seen in person. You just look at it closely and it blows you away that they make this thing and so perfectly.

Back