Prime 1 Independence Day: Alien 1/1 bust

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Where did you order Python?, I'm going to be ordering some P1 pieces soon and was wondering if it was cheaper ordering from Ss or say CDUK locally?
Cheers

Hi mate, I ordered it from Sideshow directly. It sometimes costs a little more, but generally there isn't much in it. I tend to buy from them for a couple of reasons. first, you get it quicker (generally) And secondly, they have a pretty good CS. So apart from a few disappointing exceptions where there have been no replacements available, if you have any kind of issue, they will usually sort you out fairly quickly with either a refund or a replacement. The downside being that you have to deal with stuff like customs charges etc of course. I'd love to order the Alien Colonnist maquette to sit next to this, I'm just not sure I can afford it currently with their Alien and Predators on the way.

All of that said, a quick calculation gave me this with regards to the prices at CDUK (who are all over the place these days) And Sideshow directly...

CDUK £850

Sideshow £770 (ish! Including 20% added costs for import tax)

It varies from piece to piece of course, best thing you can do is check them all individually when you have a shipping quote from Sideshow.

Thanks Python, much appreciated, I agree CDUk are really all over the place price wise, I'll be ordering coolprops big chap and prime 1's Dog alien so I'll wait and see how the price comes up at the time.
One more question, it's been a while since I've ordered from SS (since they closed the European warehouse) , do you still earn reward points on non SS products like prime1 and coolprops items?

Thanks again

Thanks Python, much appreciated, I agree CDUk are really all over the place price wise, I'll be ordering coolprops big chap and prime 1's Dog alien so I'll wait and see how the price comes up at the time.
One more question, it's been a while since I've ordered from SS (since they closed the European warehouse) , do you still earn reward points on non SS products like prime1 and coolprops items?

Thanks again

That's a nice plan for orders, it matches my own! I think you still get points on none sideshow items yeah, you did anyway unless it's changed. Live chat them to check just in case..

Just got an email stating that this will be arriving and ready for final processing on Nov 10th!

Just got an email stating that this will be arriving and ready for final processing on Nov 10th!

I got it also, I've not replied so mine will still ship on the 25th. Only because I've dropped so much money on other stuff recently that I'm considering diverting the funds I've already paid towards this to the Prime 1 Dog Alien (or even the ID4 maquette) I'm torn though as I still really like this. I'm hoping we'll see some in hand pictures and opinions from you and others over the next week or two that will help me decide...

Cool, in time for me to make a more educated decision around the 20th then. I look forward to hearing your thoughts on this one.

20171116_155513.jpg

Ohhhhhhh.... Looks like a big old box, I was expecting it to be one solid piece. So what are your first impressions?

I absolutely love this piece! The colors are spot on to the prototype pics, very blue/purple with hints of pale green. The translucent resin is amazing especially in natural lighting. It was just about dusk when I took the pics and video but you can clearly see the coloring on this. I think if the eyes were chromed, it would be a perfect replica, but I am not complaining at all.

id4.jpg id41.jpg id42.jpg id43.jpg id44.jpg

Back