Prime 1 David Finch Batman 1:3 scale

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They already posted a WIP shot:

Dwexu86.jpg

First day preorder! :yess:

agree with all the xm comments made on this thread....as far as a finch prime 1 batman...awesome....cant wait to see what it looks like as well as the jim lee, will be hard to decide, wish I could have them all. even though I had a kind of crappy finch experience at my local comic con this year he is still an amazing artist and his batman is always great.

I don't think that's happening anytime soon unfortunately, they haven't even revealed Jim Lee Bats and it was announced months ago :lol

That is true. Grrr. I wish P1 would clarify if there is variant or no too.

agree with all the xm comments made on this thread....as far as a finch prime 1 batman...awesome....cant wait to see what it looks like as well as the jim lee, will be hard to decide, wish I could have them all. even though I had a kind of crappy finch experience at my local comic con this year he is still an amazing artist and his batman is always great.
What happened?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Oh man is he a ****** in real life ?

He was a really nice guy but...lol ok heres what happened so as soon as I got in the doors I went right to his booth. It was kind of chaotic at first but two lines started forming one for sketches and one for book signings....I Decided to get a sketch so I was forth in line for that. so a couple hours pass(hes spending about an hour or alil over for a full sketch) and he is signing books for people in between working on sketches....I realize he has no blank comic boards or anything to draw on and it was kind of a last min decision for me and even though I brought a blank comic cover I wanted it on an art board or something, so I have a friend hold my spot while I frantically run around the rest of the con trying to find something. Cant find anything, asking other artists and stuff but finally I run into another artist I wanted to see named Mike Henderson he currently does the art for a book called nailbiter(which is really good) So I have a good chat with him and he gives me a deal on two small but awesome wolverine painted originals and turns out he has some water color boards and he said I could have one which was awesome. So I get back in line and finally almost my turn(one person in front of me had to go) but turns out he had two previous ones to do from the day before or something so 2 more full sketches and a head sketch in front of me. So watching all these sketches get done and they are amazing...very detailed and finished looking pieces. So another 2 hrs go by and finally im up. Was hard to decide on batman or wolverine but I go with wolvie and as for a full piece which I thought was $250.00...turns out its $500.00 so im still ok with it(Even though for a convention sketch its kind of ridiculous) and tell him to do a full wolverine, having a great chat while he is working on it, real nice guy, talking about dc rebirth and working on batman and so on. So about 20 min pass if that..stops a couple times to sign books and what not....all of a sudden a convention person comes up to him and goes we need you here at 3:30....which is about 10-15 min from now...right then I knew im prob screwed but I don't say anything and see how it plays out....he keeps working on it but you can tell he is starting to rush and as soon as I see him put wolverine's feet in water I knew that was it lol so he adds alil more...signs my books I brought real quick and stands up and shakes my hand and goes to leave....his wife comes up to collect the money and I ask what I have...she goes 50.00 for the prints and 500.00 for the sketch....so I look at her and I go im not trying to be that guy but this is no where near as finished or detailed as what the other 500.00 pieces came out to be...she looks at it and goes ya you're right hows 300 sound, I agreed and went on my unhappy way lol come to find out he was back at his booth 45min later, so I wish he would have just told me to come back when he was done and he would work on it more for me but at that point when I saw he was back I didn't bother with it. So the piece came out decent and you can tell finch did it but I was disappointed with the whole situation and it wasn't about the money I just really wanted a nice detailed piece like he was turning out for the other ones I saw done. So all in all im still happy I have a sketch from him but I wish it would have turned out better but with the unfortunate string of events that happened its hard to place blame just wish it would have worked out differently, especially for over 4hrs of my time in line and 300 bucks lol oh well, at least I was able to get those mike Henderson pieces, they are gorgeous and the highlight of the con for me

Do you have a pic? Curious to see how it looks! I've never gotten a commission at a convention before, wondering if it's worth it or not.

Sorry it took so long here is the pic...also included the two Henderson pieces

Attachments

• DSCN0143.jpg
    DSCN0143.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 167
  • DSCN0148.jpg
    DSCN0148.jpg
    134.5 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN0150.jpg
    DSCN0150.jpg
    221.9 KB · Views: 165
  • DSCN0151.jpg
    DSCN0151.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 168
  • DSCN0149.jpg
    DSCN0149.jpg
    299.3 KB · Views: 167
Wolverine in water....lol
Sorry it ended that way bro.
Those two Henderson pieces are amazing!
I like it better than the Finch piece.

I actually like the fact that he is in water, I would love a statue like that with translucent resin or something similar, would look amazing.

That's a dope sketch, really, even if it was finished in a hurry, I love it.

yeah, i can see the sloppy penciling on that front boot, haha

Are the henderson ones art prints or did he ink/color those in person?

Back