Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I believe it's this one.

Don't know why it's age-restricted, I guess the uploader must've flagged it themselves?

LOL yeah it's that one. I had to verify my age to get into for some odd reason.

He got a good looking piece, fingers crossed the majority look like his.

Unmasked heads are way too dark.

Don't look at sculpt accuracy. Look at the paint job:

$200 Hot Toys Classic vs almost $2000 Prime 1 Jungle Hunter :

Hot-Toys-vs-Prime-1.jpg

Unmasked heads are way too dark.

Don't look at sculpt accuracy. Look at the paint job:

$200 Hot Toys Classic vs almost $2000 Prime 1 Jungle Hunter :

Hot-Toys-vs-Prime-1.jpg
Hot Toys hasn't gotten it right yet either after how many attempts. On another note, paint can be fixed. Sculpt is another story. I'm likely going to be displaying the closed mouth portrait. I may send the open mouth off to a painter for new paint if it's really bothering in person.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Not a fan of the orangey HT look. Wet look looks good. The mouth should have been painted better on the P1.

Hot Toys hasn't gotten it right yet either after how many attempts. On another note, paint can be fixed. Sculpt is another story. I'm likely going to be displaying the closed mouth portrait. I may send the open mouth off to a painter for new paint if it's really bothering in person.

I don't want to spent $2000 for a statue and then worry about sloppy paint job. I expect more from Prime 1. I think that they lowered the bar and cutting corners like Sideshow. Shame.

What is it with this trend of giant bases they are beginning to over shadow the actual character and taking up too much space.

I don’t want a gigantic boulder I can go outside and get one for free I want the money to go towards the actual character.

A base is obviously still needed and it can still be nice but I don’t need the side of a mountain or building on my shelf lol

What is it with this trend of giant bases they are beginning to over shadow the actual character and taking up too much space.

I don’t want a gigantic boulder I can go outside and get one for free I want the money to go towards the actual character.

A base is obviously still needed and it can still be nice but I don’t need the side of a mountain or building on my shelf lol

That's why I want 1/3 scale version. Nothing is hidden behind the base. Predator design is fully exposed.

I don't want to spent $2000 for a statue and then worry about sloppy paint job. I expect more from Prime 1. I think that they lowered the bar and cutting corners like Sideshow. Shame.
I get what you're saying, and I agree, but I'm [emoji817] in for this statue so if I need to throw a little more $ into it then so be it. Love the dynamic pose. Love the environment. Love the hunter victim. Love pretty much everything. And if the unmasked portraits come out weak, I'll send them off to get repainted. Should I have to? Hell nah. But it is what it is.

This is how it supposed to look like :

105381053-3064686940319138-4323643363202538209-n.jpg

105945540-3064686816985817-9047948046737621220-n.jpg

106058318-3064686530319179-1810454792016886640-n.jpg
I havent asked Neny directly how much he charges for these but I'm pretty sure it's $$$$$. Custom pieces like this will always look better than mass produced. Every time. So expecting this level from a mass production piece is unrealistic imo.

I havent asked Neny directly how much he charges for these but I'm pretty sure it's $$$$$. Custom pieces like this will always look better than mass produced. Every time. So expecting this level from a mass production piece is unrealistic imo.

I've don't expect anything like that but it can be done with production pieces. It's not that hard.

Back