Prime 1 Big Game Jungle Hunter Predator 1/4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah I thought IS abandoned the JH? I quite like there CH. Hmmm another JH to consider lol.

Are there any new pics of the IS JH?

Imagine IS or Prime 1 JH came with a companion piece of Dutch!

No new pics for a while, but it's still in the works.

There were some painted pics shared back in October (see this and previous page) - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232230&page=8

It has Dutch on the back of the base (amongst the tree roots) https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/jungle-predator-with-dutch?_pos=3&_sid=fa03b0c05&_ss=r

No new pics for a while, but it's still in the works.

There was a painted pic shared back in October - https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=232230&page=8

It has Dutch on the back of the base (amongst the tree roots) https://www.specfictionshop.com/products/jungle-predator-with-dutch?_pos=3&_sid=fa03b0c05&_ss=r

Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty cool, very nice prototype piece, good colours, movie accurate swing pose. I like the Dutch touch. I thought this was abandoned altogether, I guess not!

Thanks for sharing. Looks pretty cool, very nice prototype piece, good colours, movie accurate swing pose. I like the Dutch touch. I thought this was abandoned altogether, I guess not!

No worries.

Their Berserker/Classic dio from "PREDATORS" is the one shipping 3rd QTR 2021, no date for the Jungle Hunter yet.

I love the fact they got the bio right because the pose/setting means that (unusually for me) I'll want to display this with the bio head.

Totally forgot about the IS Jungle Hunter. Keen to see what that looks like painted, although the pose looked weird from memory.

Scroll down on the link I shared (and there's 1 on the previous page of that thread).

I wasn't sure on the position of his right leg myself, but it's grown on me.

Hope it turns out better than you think. It would be a shame to go to that much trouble and then be disappointed.

Please let us know your thoughts once you have it in-hand. How long until you get yours?

Thank you for the kind worlds. My retailer was kind enough to cancel mine today morning after all so I am very happy. I did not have a good feeling regarding this piece after seeing many photos and videos of it. A huge rock fallen off from me. Enjoy your predator guys. If you like it that's all what matters.

Scroll down on the link I shared (and there's 1 on the previous page of that thread).

I wasn't sure on the position of his right leg myself, but it's grown on me.

Ah yes, now I remember seeing that. Thanks mate. Hmm, I'll need to see more shots. Not sure what I think of it based on that photo, but I do think the Prime 1 piece is much better based on what I've seen.

Thank you for the kind worlds. My retailer was kind enough to cancel mine today morning after all so I am very happy. I did not have a good feeling regarding this piece after seeing many photos and videos of it. A huge rock fallen off from me. Enjoy your predator guys. If you like it that's all what matters.

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Hope you didn't lose your deposit.

That "sinking feeling" when you think you've made a mistake ordering something is NOT good!

As you say . . . fingers crossed for everyone else.

Ah yes, now I remember seeing that. Thanks mate. Hmm, I'll need to see more shots. Not sure what I think of it based on that photo, but I do think the Prime 1 piece is much better based on what I've seen.

No worries.

Me too on the "more shots" needed of the IS piece.

The PRIME1 sculpt is amazing (excepting the bio surface detail), it's just the possibly of dodgy paint and a revised head position that concern me.

Again, we'll all know soon!

Glad to hear things worked out for you. Hope you didn't lose your deposit.

That "sinking feeling" when you think you've made a mistake ordering something is NOT good!

As you say . . . fingers crossed for everyone else.

Thank you very much! Sadly I lost it but it is better for me than the alternative. Don't wanna stuck with a piece which I don't like.

Also I was just thinking about this but don't you guys think the changes on the statue (the paint's color, quills) are because they got the 1/3 license after they showed us this and now they want people to buy the real movie predator? I know it was under comic license and they never said otherwise, but it appeared it is from the movie (and many people bought this as a movie piece, the look, the color just screamed movie predator) despite the inaccuracies. It has Mac's scull, it has Jim Hopper's dog tag, it has the scorpion, it has all the marks on the helmet and the chest etc. just like in the movie. Maybe it was a strategic move from them.

Everyone wants a 1/3 like the CM, but let's test out the 1/4 one first. If that sells well, the 1/3 is a guarantee. If not the 1/3 is still a guarantee as evidenced by the demand of CM.

1/4 sells well, almost all gone, yippee. Let's proceed to 1/3.

Reverse the order, way more risky. Buy a 1/3 yup, how about a 1/4 afterwards? Yeah....nah.

Thank you very much! Sadly I lost it but it is better for me than the alternative. Don't wanna stuck with a piece which I don't like.

Also I was just thinking about this but don't you guys think the changes on the statue (the paint's color, quills) are because they got the 1/3 license after they showed us this and now they want people to buy the real movie predator? I know it was under comic license and they never said otherwise, but it appeared it is from the movie (and many people bought this as a movie piece, the look, the color just screamed movie predator) despite the inaccuracies. It has Mac's scull, it has Jim Hopper's dog tag, it has the scorpion, it has all the marks on the helmet and the chest etc. just like in the movie. Maybe it was a strategic move from them.

Sucks about the deposit. Ah well, as you say, better than the alternative.

There was certainly some sequencing & timing strategy here, but I think the possible QC issues are more to do with PRIME1 getting stretched a little too far. Same goes for their approach to customer service - growing too much too fast and they seem to be struggling to adapt.

Having said that - they don't appear to be slowing down any - so lets hope they adjust to the "new normal" before the next pieces hit the assembly line :)

In every video so far, the reviewer calls the piece excellent or amazing. Must be something that needs to be appreciated as a whole and not the sum of its parts.

What do you guys make of it. Is it amazing or a fail?

In every video so far, the reviewer calls the piece excellent or amazing. Must be something that needs to be appreciated as a whole and not the sum of its parts.

What do you guys make of it. Is it amazing or a fail?

Its funny people who own it love it, the speculators don't lol! Ill go with the ones who have scene it. Ill wait till I have it in hand.

It's good that didn't preorder anything. Now I can save for 1/3 scale. 1/4 dynamic pose is cool but it doesn't show The Predator in his full glory. 1/3 has that wow factor

p1-pred-Comp.jpg

Back