Statue Prime 1 Beast Wars Megatron Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes one issues with G.I. Joe and Transformers is that fans like to buy figure not statues. I remember when F4F was just able to release 2 statues from those lines and had to give it up due crummy sales. Diamond Select had almost same issues. About 7 years ago they had Megs and OP statues protos neither one got released. The OP was up for order and got canceled, Megs didn't come up for order. They were awesome pieces. And cheap they were 12 inches and $150.00 retail today a tiny 12 inch GG statue cost almost $300.00

For transformers, I understand why. A huge part of it is that you get two toys in one. Buying a transformers figure that doesn't transform defeats the purpose. I don't particularly care as long as it's a nice statue, but I get why other TF fans wouldn't be for it. Then there's the whole issue with official 3rd party licenses not being allowed to make transforming versions of the characters. I would love to see some transformers from 3A with the ability to actually transform, but since they can't, I'm not going to bother buying a movable figure with only half of it's functionality present.

Why is this $1200 and it is only 27" tall and the frank miller batman was $970 and is 33" tall?

Optimus Primal was even $1000

Do not understand the large price increase....

I was gonna order but $1200 seems too high for a BeastWars statue..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had a change of heart and ordered this. I had to cancel another piece I really wanted but felt there was more magic there with Bestwars Megatron.

Watching the show as a young adult was as exciting if not more when watch the g1 series in the 80s as kid.

I want this but i'll wait for it to be coupon eligible or just buy it cheaper once it is released since EX is not needed or would ever be displayed.

The grin is the way to go for sure.

800 total edition size is not LARGE but it's pretty big for a non G1 transformer. Transformer statues don't seem to move all that well anyways.

Anyone think p1 will lower the ES on this since its not moving? maybe drop it to 200 from 300? Just like primal ex? Great ex for sure as Primal was.

Anyone think p1 will lower the ES on this since its not moving? maybe drop it to 200 from 300? Just like primal ex? Great ex for sure as Primal was.

Possibly.

It worked for Primal. Lol.

Sad that people aren’t showing a whole lot of interest in these BeastWars behemoths.

I loved the series.

Hope the line continues for dragon megatron, Black arachnida TM2, and maybe optimal Optimus.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew they weren’t gonna make anymore.

Primal was a hard buy for me. Took me till the last min to finally purchase him. Was only going to get Megatron. But the thought of them not making anymore had me thinking I should go ahead and buy both Megatron and Primal.

Now I have will have a very rare pair of giant well made 1/4 scale BeastWars Statues. [emoji51]

I would think P1 doesn't make anymore, they gave up G1 statues

They gave up? Well with the cost of these I’m
Not surprised. If they were 500.00 to 700.00, I bet much more would sell. But 1100-1300.00 shipped is getting out of control. So in 2020 what will a statue like this cost? 1999.99-2499.99? Heck many p1 stuff is at these prices even today.

Yes Kelvin wrote a while ago that P1 is working on TF movie statues now, no new plans for G1. That what SSC wrote for G.I. Joe, F4F wrote for TF and G.I. Joe and gave up those licenses. So I am sure P1 is done with TF G1. Also from what they wrote no more G.I. Joes.

No more p1 generation one TF and no more p1 go joes? Errr... I wanted a p1 baroness, pythona, and lady jaye. Then possibly no more beast wars? Hope it’s temporary and not final meaning forever. So this doesn’t look good for more p1 80s lines like motu, she ra, mask, thundercats, etc.

Production piece is out in Japan already.

Looks like this will ship by October.

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew they weren’t gonna make anymore.

Primal was a hard buy for me. Took me till the last min to finally purchase him. Was only going to get Megatron. But the thought of them not making anymore had me thinking I should go ahead and buy both Megatron and Primal.

Now I have will have a very rare pair of giant well made 1/4 scale BeastWars Statues. [emoji51]

I really wanted to get these 2 as well but couldn't do it due to the size, price, and space. I wished if P1 was able to do Beast Wars in 1/6 scale, then I would have easily added this line to my collection. Those 2 pieces are so beautifully done.

I really wanted to get these 2 as well but couldn't do it due to the size, price, and space. I wished if P1 was able to do Beast Wars in 1/6 scale, then I would have easily added this line to my collection. Those 2 pieces are so beautifully done.

Yeah they should have probably started with some 1/6 dios or something.

But I’m glad I grabbed both of them. I have such a fond memory of waking up in the morning before work, as when I first discovered the show in my early 20s. Didn’t know exactly what it was, then I realized it was a New TF show with animals. [emoji16]

I like how they made these statues realistic comic book versions. Slight bit of anime in there. The sculpted fit on prime is great. And they’re so low in number that they’ll be great collector pieces. Can’t wait for Megatron.

efff843cd75a07ef59d324b49f758e43.png

From Facebook.

That looks great! I felt the scale of the Dinobot parts scattered on this base bother me too regularly for me to pull the trigger.

This is now waitlisted at both Prime1 and SS.

Even the regular. Can’t find it on SS

Have a feeling it may be on its way by early to mid next month.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back