Statue Prime 1 Batman vs Superman- Superman Black Suit 1/2 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wtf happened to his eyes!? They’re so far apart. :lol

If you think that’s bad, you’ve seen nothing.

Have a look at my original head that I had to get replaced.

A001A7D6-8370-4E30-8A7C-60001EE9A93E.jpg

CC46F3B0-F5D8-49F2-B641-A8F863F01EB4.jpg

D034A565-774B-498E-B82F-AD0AC30B5D19.jpg

So it can always be worse. But at the same time because it was so bad my retailer was able to source a replacement from Sideshow/Prime 1.

Other photos
8SQWRjm.jpg

SwGasBl.jpg

dfmUXeD.jpg

Seen from a distance is perfect because the eye defect is not evident.
Anyway for me vote 9

Holy ****!! Mine will be here Wednesday fingers crossed it arrives defect free. I probably wont have time to open it until the weekend i need to get a piece of furniture to place the lazy susan on to raise it off the floor a bit- i did not expect it to arrive this week or else i would have been more prepared

Holy ****!! Mine will be here Wednesday fingers crossed it arrives defect free. I probably wont have time to open it until the weekend i need to get a piece of furniture to place the lazy susan on to raise it off the floor a bit- i did not expect it to arrive this week or else i would have been more prepared

I look forward to your photos.
On Sideshow site is not yet available :(

B67C1321-1DA0-4793-923F-F6F2B57959DC.jpg
DD975D02-AEF8-4BA5-BF77-FE49E60890A2.jpg
C7526393-0047-4C8E-B338-2B98A2192CDB.jpg
A459ABAC-F363-4586-8C49-B5390E5434DE.jpg

Better lighting photos. Last ones were crap. In terms of rating id say its a 9.0-9.5/10, its like i got a miniature HC in da house. My only complaint is his placement on the base its hard to position the statue perfectly for display purposes, you have to angle the base.. Also the pose/body is slightly tweaked from the first version, the upper body is twisted slightly more on the black suit version so it leans back more then the regular. Its only noticeable from from some angles at others its like non existent- Again I think its all due to the pose the legs are straight but his uper half is twisting- it like a weird optical Illusion created by the pose and slight arch in his back

A8B8159D-B8F4-4123-9BBF-ED47E25CAD3C.jpg
AC9487C6-E988-4FB7-B15B-A43A9EBF83D3.jpg
3F4F88DA-CF1D-4D3C-99BC-C02BE4FC3616.jpg
650A9910-BA6E-4B44-93C5-D4A89110946F.jpg
9D345D5D-9CD6-4D26-A6EA-EE89D90126FE.jpg
79B6CB33-6A5F-443F-89B0-9A82DBE1B634.jpg

These photos really show how angle makes a difference, the first and third pics show the slight arch in his back.

Attachments

• 6D1A8938-4680-4927-A0B0-1CEB4770288A.jpg
    6D1A8938-4680-4927-A0B0-1CEB4770288A.jpg
    224.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 2665F87A-590D-479E-936F-3B307D97AB9A.jpg
    2665F87A-590D-479E-936F-3B307D97AB9A.jpg
    232 KB · Views: 93
Lol i had my head seated incorrectly, either my head peg or body cuttout is slightly off cause now that i have the head in the correct position i have tiny gaps where neck meets the color on left side and around the left side of the neck. Its not noticeable unless you get really close and look for it but i still emailed prime 1 about it.

Here is another picture with his head in correct postion (no more head tilt lol)

94269A92-C80D-46AE-8A76-7A3A02352308.jpg
FD9D197A-1315-4F1A-BE6D-AB5DBBB02BC6.jpg

This is how he is supposed to look

Lol i had my head seated incorrectly, either my head peg or body cuttout is slightly off cause now that i have the head in the correct position i have tiny gaps where neck meets the color on left side and around the left side of the neck. Its not noticeable unless you get really close and look for it but i still emailed prime 1 about it.

Here is another picture with his head in correct postion (no more head tilt lol)

View attachment 498229
View attachment 498230

This is how he is supposed to look

The head on my blue version is actually the same way. I think that's why they modified the cape on that one so even though the cape is incorrect compared to the movie, it covers the gaps.

Better lighting photos. Last ones were crap. In terms of rating id say its a 9.0-9.5/10, its like i got a miniature HC in da house. My only complaint is his placement on the base its hard to position the statue perfectly for display purposes, you have to angle the base.. Also the pose/body is slightly tweaked from the first version, the upper body is twisted slightly more on the black suit version so it leans back more then the regular. Its only noticeable from from some angles at others its like non existent- Again I think its all due to the pose the legs are straight but his uper half is twisting- it like a weird optical Illusion created by the pose and slight arch in his back

I forget, did you also have the red/blue version? Thanks for the pics. It seems lighting can make quite a difference in pics for that headsculpt.

I forget, did you also have the red/blue version? Thanks for the pics. It seems lighting can make quite a difference in pics for that headsculpt.

No i don't own the first version, and yes lighting makes a huge difference with this statue- I find that photographing it in natural light is the best way to capture how it looks in person. Those crappy pictures were taken at night time without the benefit of natural light. The room i have him in has a lot of windows and gets a crap ton of natural light during the daytime- i can control the lighting by closing certain blinds casting shadows where i want them to be- The suit really pops more with natural light then it does artificial light the way it reflects sunlight is simply stunning. I highly recommend putting him in a room that gets alot of natural light just dont leave your blinds open all the time to prevent any damage to that suit

The head on my blue version is actually the same way. I think that's why they modified the cape on that one so even though the cape is incorrect compared to the movie, it covers the gaps.

Is there a small gap in the front like where the color meets his hairy chest??- its only the front left half (from adams apple over) the right half seats perfectly against the chest- it looks like either the head sculpt or the suit where they head plugs in is slightly off (not cut right) - so it doesnt seal on that sidet- my guess is its the head sculpt but who knows?? I havent seen any other pictures of this statue or the original that have that. That front area is one that bugs me, again its not visable from a far but if i get up real close to it and look for it i can see it- it shouldnt be like that (i will say the black suit hides the gap a bit cause the gap is black too lol). The reason i installed the head wrong the first time is cause i seated it so there was no gap on either side in front but then the head tilted to the left (as you can see in my first pictures) which made the entire statue look like it was leaning back. The head is supposed to be straight not tilted. Its obvious something is wrong with the left side since when its seated properly head tilts left when placing head in the proper position there is a gap on the left neckline

I dont mind the those gaps on the back of the neck line (where its raised a bit) cause you cannot really see them unless you go behind the statue lol . The cape on mine does not hide those gaps in the back so maybe i got the old version of the cape. I contacted prime 1 anyway cause for 2.2k this puppy should be perfect imo. If they dont do anything i can live with it but what if the magnet pulls it out of place over time (eg the head slides back to tilted position)- i have to monitor it for a few days to make sure it doesnt move on its own - P1 hasnt gotten back to me about it yet. If it doesnt move on its own after a week or two ill feel much better about it

Yes there is a small gap but if I'm not right on top of the statue I can't see it.

50533294213_c0e311af81.jpg

The gaps in the back of mine are more noticeable but again the non-movie accurate cape completely covers them, but the cape is cut this way only on the blue and red version. All the black versions have the cape cut closer to the prototype's which is more movie accurate, but will show the gaps. The inaccurate cape was one of the complaints customers had about the blue one and P1 heard them and changed it on the black one.

I've had my head seated in the same position for a couple years now and it's never moved.

Yes there is a small gap but if I'm not right on top of the statue I can't see it.

50533294213_c0e311af81.jpg

The gaps in the back of mine are more noticeable but again the non-movie accurate cape completely covers them, but the cape is cut this way only on the blue and red version. All the black versions have the cape cut closer to the prototype's which is more movie accurate, but will show the gaps. The inaccurate cape was one of the complaints customers had about the blue one and P1 heard them and changed it on the black one.

I've had my head seated in the same position for a couple years now and it's never moved.

Here is pictures of my gap.

01DCD51C-C7D0-4860-A155-FC7F1BB86146.jpg
8BB7A19F-4E79-4A97-93DF-3F72050BEE0C.jpg
8BB7A19F-4E79-4A97-93DF-3F72050BEE0C.jpg

In picture Notice the (curve) on the left side (Its actually the right side from statues perspective) where it appears the gap is at its widest point, it bows out a bit on the neck line of head sculpt- it should be straight and flat there- its headsculpt or suit cutout problem- it should fit better like yours which looks straight and flat too me even if there is a minor gap- the gap line on yours is the same size throughout neckline it should not be wider on right side and smaller almost no existent on left side like it is mine

Back