Statue Prime 1 Batman vs Superman- Superman Black Suit 1/2 statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In hand pics not looking very good with the face paint. I hope it's just lighting, but I would be unhappy with what I'm seeing.

Where do you see it? Please link it
I think the sculpt and the face paint will be the same of the normal version.

I saw a few pictures on the facebook group and the paint looks good on black suit version headsculpt- we shall see though. There were some older poor quality pictures out that that looked really bad but prime 1 said it was their demo piece not the the final product- maybe those are the ones you saw???

Lightning will always make a difference- here is a comparison

F815B5B6-D6DF-4620-B0B8-FF0AE21CA119.jpeg
FEA648BB-6661-493D-B19F-9E68B16B39A1.jpeg

I just dont see the black suit version looking worse need them both side by side as a comparison. It really comes down to skin tone/texture Preferences and or the lightning

The s shield looks way better on black suit version cause its in the proper place lol its not even a comparison there. Its going to look strange for people that have both with one having the shield so low and the other having it in the correct spot especially if they are displayed in the same room or close to each other

no, this picture was taken a few days ago. It looks like the paint app is too heavy? It just doesn't look right to me. It also looks like the black suit isn't translucent resin because it doesn't have that waxy, plastic look in bright light.

119547320_10220489318575466_225252231092430723_o.jpg

The original has never been easy to take a photo of it because of the translucent resin that’s been used (but that photo above is pretty terribly taken).

However the original probably could’ve used a tad more paint layers or resin mix closer to their WW piece, as even in hand the original Supes does have a waxy look.

But looking at this new version, imo it looks like they over compensated and it may be looking too comic/cartoon like rather than life like.

The original has never been easy to take a photo of it because of the translucent resin that’s been used (but that photo above is pretty terribly taken).

However the original probably could’ve used a tad more paint layers or resin mix closer to their WW piece, as even in hand the original Supes does have a waxy look.

But looking at this new version, imo it looks like they over compensated and it may be looking too comic/cartoon like rather than life like.

I really don't want to have a $2300 piece repainted, so I hope mine looks more like the top picture over the one I posted. I like that its not as translucent looking, but the paint looks much worse (in the pic I showed).

I really don't want to have a $2300 piece repainted, so I hope mine looks more like the top picture over the one I posted. I like that its not as translucent looking, but the paint looks much worse (in the pic I showed).

I sort of have a ‘spare’ head but with googly eyes, and obviously I needed a replacement which I eventually received. So I’ve sometimes wondered what it would look repainted by a professional painter. Imo the above would be worse case scenario if I were to go down that route, as honestly I would like to split the difference between the two options.

Has anyone received it yet?
I am a bit anxious, I decided to do a complete repaint with artificial hair of my joker 1: 2 and I dont would have to spend for a repaint of this superman too.

Comparison video, personally i like the black suit version more. I dont like the way the regular one looks the detail isnt as good and his face looks sad or like he is in deep contemplation. The eyes on the black suit dont look bad in this video, in fact the red suit versions face and eyes both look really round (due to lack of detail) in comparison, or maybe its the poorly painted eye’/ brows, or the waxy look, but whatever it is with the original, it looks less like henry imo then the black version. I prefer the paint job, skin tone and the small changes they made over the original- its more detailed and realistic looking and less unnatural/fake looking. I do like the original too but this one is painted better- like a hot toy version 2 upgrade

https://youtu.be/77NarNUMpMA

Yea, I think with the video I posted, his left eye is a little off as far as direction goes, but everyone that has gotten it says they are really happy with it. That's a good sign at least. The first pic I posted just looked off paint wise, not sure if it was lighting or what. In general though, I agree the paint app on the black suit head sculpt looks better. The first version was way too light on the paint app, leaving that waxy look when not displayed in a low light space.

Did anyone here in the forum receive it?

Not yet, mine is still on a boat crossing an ocean of stars, ups will notify me when they get it in hand, once that happens the end of the long wait is finally in sight.

Until then i just forget about it otherwise the long wait would drive me bonkers. I think obi wan said it best, "patience my young Padawan" it will arrive in due time...........

Not yet, mine is still on a boat crossing an ocean of stars, ups will notify me when they get it in hand, once that happens the end of the long wait is finally in sight.

Until then i just forget about it otherwise the long wait would drive me bonkers. I think obi wan said it best, "patience my young Padawan" it will arrive in due time...........

Please post some photos when you receive it :)

Back