Statue Prime 1 Alien License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Alien LIcense?

Speaking of the Queen, there was a beautiful 1/4 replica of the Stan Winston rod puppet for sale up on ebay recently, for an amazingly low price, considering the sheer size of the thing. Actually regretted not getting it.

Prime 1 needs to give us a taste of what's coming... I need to look forward to new releases, and stop trying to track down sold out pieces...
I'm sad they're making this so big. I'd much rather a 1/4 scale as it would reflect more favorable on the fans - more will have space for it, more will be able to afford it. I have the SS warrior and Big Chap busts and this would go great with them if only it was physically possible to display such a thing.

This seems more like posturing rather than delivering pieces that fans will actually be able to get (afford) and show.

Thanks for appeasing the top 1% of collectors, guys. Much appreciated.

Hard pass.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

I'm sad they're making this so big. I'd much rather a 1/4 scale as it would reflect more favorable on the fans - more will have space for it, more will be able to afford it. I have the SS warrior and Big Chap busts and this would go great with them if only it was physically possible to display such a thing.

This seems more like posturing rather than delivering pieces that fans will actually be able to get (afford) and show.

Thanks for appeasing the top 1% of collectors, guys. Much appreciated.

Hard pass.

Sent from my SGH-M919V using Tapatalk

Most likely it's because they don't have the license for smaller scales below 1:3. SS seems to have the 1:4 scale (and 1:5) license locked up.

SS had exclusive rights to all the scales in these hard to get licenses within US distribution, but I think SS is only giving Prime the 1/3 rights because they don't make very many 1/3 statues.

imagine the shipping cost on this if it came to be, import taxes and charges etc :(

Ah, that may explain why Terminator is on hold. Maybe there's some agreement with Sideshow (seeing as they've been granted the 1/3 rights by Sideshow for Alien/Predator) Starting to suspect Prime 1 didn't want to compete directly with SS on their Endo. And by that token, I suspect we'll see a slowdown from SS on Alien/Predator

The Terminator market is oversaturated and the license has sunk cos there's been 3 craptastic movies made in the last 25 years. If Prime are smart they won't go there but if they do all I really want is a decent 1:3 or 1:2 battle damaged Arnie.

The Terminator market is oversaturated and the license has sunk cos there's been 3 craptastic movies made in the last 25 years. If Prime are smart they won't go there but if they do all I really want is a decent 1:3 or 1:2 battle damaged Arnie.

Yup yup yup. The T2 movie version will sell like candy

T1 and T2 are pretty much the only movies you ever need to make anything from with T2 being the most valuable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a crowded market, but we haven't had that many "blow your socks off" Terminator items. Prime 1 are most definitely capable of delivering that. So if they had the ability to make a 1/4 or 1/3 T1/T2 Endo/Arnie, I hope they do it eventually.

It may be a crowded market, but we haven't had that many "blow your socks off" Terminator items. Prime 1 are most definitely capable of delivering that. So if they had the ability to make a 1/4 or 1/3 T1/T2 Endo/Arnie, I hope they do it eventually.

Agree, the recent SS pieces have been pretty lacklustre. I think there'd be a huge demand for a decent Arnie + a shiny Endo in 1/3 personally. I've asked Kelvin a couple of times and the impression I get is that it's on hold at Prime 1 rather than on the scrap pile. Remember seeing some computer work had been done on the Endo

Exactly, it is FAR from oversaturated, there is only a handful of great pieces and most of those are into the thousands of dollars now.

I also don't agree that the quality of movies has much of an impact on the license. T1/T2 will always sell and a good TX, Salvation Endo, or Genisys Endo would also.

Have Prime 1 Studios confirmed they will in fact be making 1/3 Predator maquettes?If so, I hope they start with the Jungle Hunter Predator, then the AVP Celtic Predator, then the Beserker Predator from Predators.

Have Prime 1 Studios confirmed they will in fact be making 1/3 Predator maquettes?If so, I hope they start with the Jungle Hunter Predator, then the AVP Celtic Predator, then the Beserker Predator from Predators.

No, they have not. I don't even think they confirmed the license yet.

Kelvin Loke‎ (Prime 1 Studio Collectors Group) said:
Just a reminder to be ready on 26 April 2017.

17966445_1833270536938662_6779295956004623445_o.jpg

Alexander Quesada said:
Do you will show some teasers that day Kelvin Loke?

Kelvin Loke‎ said:
Yes can expect reveal

Felipe Reid said:
Can't wait, hopefully it won't disappoint. Really want the predator line.

Kelvin Loke‎ said:
Predator line is confirmed (touch wood nothing bad happens). In fact they already planning the first character.

Back