Statue Prime 1 Alien License

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Prime 1 Alien LIcense?

I believe they were talking about the full body maquette.

I'll probably give the Queen a miss as just don't have room for something that big, but I'll most likely be getting CP Dog alien and hopefully Big chap and Warrior from either company, exciting times :)

Prime1 just confirmed that they will be making a 1/3 Alien Queen :horror

I'm sure this will be amazing, but does anyone else think they are kind of pricing themselves out of the market by making so many 1/3 and 1/2 scale pieces? I mean, a 1/3 Alien Queen is going to be huge. Even a bust would be enormous. I would absolutely love a 1/4 scale Alien Queen statue, but at this scale, the cost is going to be completely out of my league.

I'm sure this will be amazing, but does anyone else think they are kind of pricing themselves out of the market by making so many 1/3 and 1/2 scale pieces? I mean, a 1/3 Alien Queen is going to be huge. Even a bust would be enormous. I would absolutely love a 1/4 scale Alien Queen statue, but at that scale, the cost is going to be completely out of my league.

Agreed. I think the pricing will easily exceed their bayformers line. A lot of the Prime 1 fans are going to be surprised if they think it's going to be priced similar to the 1/3 Arkham line. We're already seeing it with the Eva-1 at $1200 and it's pretty simple in regards to sculpt and paint. I hope I'm wrong but I'd bet the licensing cost is going to be a huge factor.

I'll be giving the 1/3 Queen a miss, I can tell before even seeing it that it will be too large and too expensive for me. But it sure will be cool to see.

I call complete BS on them confirming any 1/3 Queen. Full body? lmao. That'd be 4ft tall at least. I'm in the FB group, no specific Alien has or has not been confirmed, but get the thought of a 1/3 Queen out of yo brainz.

I'm in the FB group, no specific Alien has or has not been confirmed, but get the thought of a 1/3 Queen out of yo brainz.

Not confirmed, but sort of:

KelvinLoke said:
Hmm looks like a 1/3 alien queen is not such a crazy piece to make according to prime1

Kelvin Loke said:
Your wish might just come true. Get prepared for a 1/3 scale alien queen

Enrico Val said:
Alien Queen 1/3? I hope you're kidding....

Kelvin Loke said:
Do I look like I m kidding?

It's rather unconceivable, though.

I AM SERIOUSLY EXXCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCIIITTED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just had a moment there.

Prime 1 are going to knock Predators and Aliens out of the park. I have been pining for something along the quality of the SWS maquette for as long as I can remember.

And now...after such a long wait, we're gonna get pieces that are BETTER. These guys can do near photo-real. If that level of attention goes into Predator-likeness.

Man-oh-man-oh-man.

It's quickly approaching the point where I need to sell all my non Prime 1 stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's quickly approaching the point where I need to sell all my non Prime 1 stuff.

I only have one item of theirs on order, and that will be my first.... And yet I've considered this also lol, they are that good! Really excited to finally have them working on licenses I care about.

What do you have on order?

The 1:1 ID4 Alien bust, couldn't pass it up given it's an amazing life size bust of a creature I love, complete with translucent resin and not much more money than a Sideshow 1/2 Predator LSB I have on order!!

i6jqv73.jpg

Not confirmed, but sort of:

It's rather unconceivable, though.

this Kevin Loke guy can say what he wants, but considering the full Queen prop is roughly 16ft tall, people can do the math and tell me how Prime is going to produce a huge, fragile item like that. It's possible to make of course, but at what cost? 4-5k? I'll believe it when I see it. SS couldn't even get the Queen Hive dio mass produced.

That's why I said it was rather inconceivable. But we'll see.

Prime 1 Alien LIcense?

The 1:1 ID4 Alien bust, couldn't pass it up given it's an amazing life size bust of a creature I love, complete with translucent resin and not much more money than a Sideshow 1/2 Predator LSB I have on order!!

i6jqv73.jpg

Cool. I don't have the room for 1/1 anything lol.. but that is going to be impressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I make and have 1/4 scale Queen and it's already pretty big. 1m10 high roughly x 1m20 long with the tail... So 1/3 can be quite huge yes....

this Kevin Loke guy can say what he wants, but considering the full Queen prop is roughly 16ft tall, people can do the math and tell me how Prime is going to produce a huge, fragile item like that. It's possible to make of course, but at what cost? 4-5k? I'll believe it when I see it. SS couldn't even get the Queen Hive dio mass produced.

If Prime 1 made this, it'd definitely be a statement/showstopper piece for them. It would only be for those with deep pockets and lots of room to display it. A bust as opposed to the entire figure would definitely be easier to engineer/sell. With that said, whatever Kelvin says with regards to Prime 1 pieces has most likely already been vetted/approved by Prime 1 themselves. Kelvin's company is the official distributor of Prime 1 products in all of Malaysia (similar to how Sideshow is the official distributor of Prime 1 pieces in the US). Kelvin is basically their go to guy to relay information from Prime 1 and their fans. That's why pretty much any pictures and videos you see of Prime 1 products (before they are shipped) originate from Kelvin. His storefront houses a lot of Prime 1 prototypes. He probably asked Prime 1 if they have plans to do a 1/3 Alien Queen and they said yes. Of course this doesn't mean that it will actually get made but the plan is there.

Sideshow's not exactly a good company to measure what can and can't be produced either. Sideshow's track record with the Alien/Predator license is telling of this. It's probably more about them being lazy (or deeming the project not financially viable) than anything else. For example, their prototype for the legendary scale Iron Man Mark XLVI had all of the correct lights in place:

SS-preview-of-iron-man-mark-46-armor-statue.jpg

However, when the Iron Man Mark XLVI Legendary Scale Figure went up for pre-order, some of the lights were missing. When Sideshow was pressed as to why some of the lights were missing, they said they didn't have the engineering to get it done. So they were able to get the correct light placement on the prototype but couldn't do it on a production piece that costs $2.3K. A static piece at that. What's even sadder is that the Hot Toys Iron Man Mark XLVI 1/6 scale figure is able to have all the correct lights on a fully poseable figure costing $345. Something's definitely wrong when Sideshow says they don't have the engineering to produce a screen accurate product that costs $2,300 but a company like Hot Toys can for $345.

I just gave up on SS 1/2 stuff... Overprice n not even worth the value

Speaking of the Queen, there was a beautiful 1/4 replica of the Stan Winston rod puppet for sale up on ebay recently, for an amazingly low price, considering the sheer size of the thing. Actually regretted not getting it.

Prime 1 needs to give us a taste of what's coming... I need to look forward to new releases, and stop trying to track down sold out pieces...

Back