Premium Format John Wayne review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Eli26 said:
If they make more film legends, I want one of Steve Guttenberg!
Only if it is as Mahoney, and only classic Mahoney for me, no Citizens on Patrol BS.

jlcmsu said:
Right on Lonnie!! The PF pieces are like pieces of art that you have to look at closely to appreciate. I've learned that since I saw my first PF 2 years ago at SDCC. No matter what license they are amazing to look at.

I'll have to get my Dad on here to tell you guys what he thinks of John Wayne.
I will be the first to admit that I am not as good as most of you at picking up the details on these pieces but the John Wayne is just so damn good. It is so realistic and detailed that it amazes me even more how these guys do it.
The fact that Josh gave me this as a Christmas present makes it all the sweeter. Thank you Josh, this is the coolest thing you could have gotten me.
Long live the Duke

I got this figure for my mom who is a huge John Wayne fan she has several pcs of John Wayne stuff like the plates, dvds ect. The problem being it is its so cool I don't want to give it up. I think a western series could be pretty cool imagin the possiblities Clint Eastwood, Yul Brynner, Gary Cooper, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Charles Bronson, Kirk Douglas, Jack Palance, Sam Elliot, James Coburn the list could go on and on.

JDad said:
I will be the first to admit that I am not as good as most of you at picking up the details on these pieces but the John Wayne is just so damn good. It is so realistic and detailed that it amazes me even more how these guys do it.
The fact that Josh gave me this as a Christmas present makes it all the sweeter. Thank you Josh, this is the coolest thing you could have gotten me.
Long live the Duke
Congrats, JDad! Of course, you also have our sympathies ;). (Just kidding, Josh! :monkey3) And don't worry about not being able to spot collectible details. That only proves you have some semblance of sanity (unlike the rest of us around here :)).

In sort of a role reversal, I gave this PF to my son for Christmas. As he was growing up, we always loved to watch John Wayne movies together. In fact, True Grit and The Sons of Katie Elder are two of his all-time favorite movies. Needless to say, he was very surprised :D. And, of course, I had to get one for myself as well.

jimmyjamesf said:
I got this figure for my mom who is a huge John Wayne fan she has several pcs of John Wayne stuff like the plates, dvds ect. The problem being it is its so cool I don't want to give it up. I think a western series could be pretty cool imagin the possiblities Clint Eastwood, Yul Brynner, Gary Cooper, Paul Newman, Robert Redford, Charles Bronson, Kirk Douglas, Jack Palance, Sam Elliot, James Coburn the list could go on and on.
I am mostly a Star Wars collector but I have a special place for Westerns and I may eventually pick up Wayne PF. I really like it but just cant justify buying it right now with all the Star Wars coming. Now if it was Clint Eastwood as the Man With No Name I would be all over it as it is one of my favorite Westerns. Also a Lee Van Cleff to display with him would be cool too.

Speaking of Western figures, I would love to get a Dr Quinn Medicine Woman, I absolutely loved that show and is in my top 5 shows of all time. Anyway a PF of Jane would be awesome as well.

jimmyjamesf said:

Make the entire Magnificent Seven ... :rock

Back