Premium Format John Wayne review

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bannister said:
Don't tempt me Lonnie!!! Though I would buy the John Wayne pf and want to use it for good, through me it would cause me to scalp some poor unsuspecting true collector on ebay in a few months.

Hey, as long as the piece is yours, it yours to do with what you want... :D

Bannister said:
Now you're coming around.

Hey, I've always said that once a piece is in your hands, it's yours to do what you want; people just don't seem to actually read my posts when those heated "flippin" threads get going! :rotfl

lcummins said:
Hey, I've always said that once a piece is in your hands, it's yours to do what you want; people just don't seem to actually read my posts when those heated "flippin" threads get going! :rotfl
Yeah, I rarely ever read what people post. Most of the time I post stupid **** that has no relation to the topic anyway, so..........

Bannister said:
Yeah, I rarely ever read what people post. Most of the time I post stupid **** that has no relation to the topic anyway, so..........
kurganolanternjm0.jpg

But seriously, to get back on topic, I think this PF is the perfect item to use my Rewards points on since I will only have to pay shipping. It may even turn out to be a good investment.

jlcmsu said:
I agree it's one of SS best pieces ever for sure. I don't think it's better than Lurtz but I know my Dad truly loves it and it came out just really awesome.
I think I'd have to disagree with you a bit here, Josh. Lurtz is a very impressive piece, but there's just something about the way they have so perfectly captured the Duke, both in the perfect sculpt/pose, and in the amazing costume details, that makes it head and shoulders above anything else out there for me. Even above Lurtz.

But then, I've been a fan of the Duke for even longer than LOTR, so that may have affected my objectivity. :D

I'm going to try to find time to take some photos of mine tomorrow (Monday, that is), and I'll post 'em if anyone is interested. ;)

Another great review Michael!! :clap

I got mine last week and I 100% agree with you. IMO, this is currently the best PF that SS has done. The detail on this is just amazing. It's almost erie how accurate it looks.

This is now my mom's favorite John Wayne piece in her collection. :D

RoboDad said:
I think I'd have to disagree with you a bit here, Josh. Lurtz is a very impressive piece, but there's just something about the way they have so perfectly captured the Duke, both in the perfect sculpt/pose, and in the amazing costume details, that makes it head and shoulders above anything else out there for me. Even above Lurtz.

But then, I've been a fan of the Duke for even longer than LOTR, so that may have affected my objectivity. :D

I'm going to try to find time to take some photos of mine tomorrow (Monday, that is), and I'll post 'em if anyone is interested. ;)

That's cool Robo. The Duke is one of the best pieces I've ever seen. As long as my Dad likes it though is all I care about.

RoboDad said:
now you KNOW these will kick ass! ;)

Great review Michael. I don't have this but you almost made me cave. This IS a great piece. To tell the truth, if I could be assured that they would do other film legends (Gable, Grant, Hepburn (both), Stewart, Davis, Dietrich, etc.), I'd be all over this as the first of my collection of that line.

Wetanut said:
Great review Michael. I don't have this but you almost made me cave. This IS a great piece. To tell the truth, if I could be assured that they would do other film legends (Gable, Grant, Hepburn (both), Stewart, Davis, Dietrich, etc.), I'd be all over this as the first of my collection of that line.
If they did more film legends, I would love an Orson Welles figure.

Back