Predictions on total # of Hot Toys "The Force Awakens" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Has anyone said this? I have a feeling HT might just do Rey on Speeder in 1:6 scale...

I can dream... :)

5543ca95db753b82389cbd94_vanity-fair-star-wars-02.jpg

Too bloody many clearly lol.

I'll be sticking to the OT for now. Can't justify preordering figures for a film I haven't even seen yet.

A few of those do look cool, but the majority look like PT backgrounders. The OT alien/background character designs (minus a few cantina aliens and some others) on the whole were a lot more interesting/cool than the PT designs, and were a lot better executed as masks/costumes.

There's a few alien/backgrounders I like in the PT, but it had a lot of this kind of design:

untitled.png

latest

And a lot of this kind of quality of masks/costumes, which look like cosplayers at a Con, even the poorly done reboots of OT designs like these:

latest

That TFA pic feels more PT level than OT level in both design and execution. The huge guy looks like a Farscape TV show alien.

With episode VIII being scheduled for 2017, there will be 2 years separating the 2 movies.
If HT do a figure a month.. wow that is a lot of money to spend....:monkey4

They'd better release more than one a month as Anthology will fill the gaps in between each episode from the sequel.

They'd better release more than one a month as Anthology will fill the gaps in between each episode from the sequel.

True true. I forgot about the anthologies. At least that would give me breathing space to be selective with anthology figures.:lol

I have very much been a completist with all releases from the main story line. A habit that is so hard to kick....:(

I'm in the same boat. Collected most PT and OT from Sideshow which brings on or around the 100 mark. Gonna have to draw a line somewhere quick or i may end up suffocating under a giant pile of plastic collectibles.

I'm in the same boat. Collected most PT and OT from Sideshow which brings on or around the 100 mark. Gonna have to draw a line somewhere quick or i may end up suffocating under a giant pile of plastic collectibles.

Not a bad way to go :lol

Collected most PT and OT from Sideshow ....

Time to sell. I'm toying with the idea myself. I have a lot of old Sideshow OT/PT that just don't hold up on the shelf anymore and I'd prefer to put that money towards stuff that will.

Down side is, not sure there's even a market for old Sideshow OT/PT. On the up side, since there's hardly anything PT being made (other than Maul), maybe those figures will get a better price during the surge of STAR WARS interest coming this Christmas. Might be a good time to unload.

Not a bad way to go :lol

Yeah, i guess there are worse scenarios. Yet, i'd still pray for the plastic toxic fumes to knock me out before it gets too painfull :pray:

Time to sell. I'm toying with the idea myself. I have a lot of old Sideshow OT/PT that just don't hold up on the shelf anymore and I'd prefer to put that money towards stuff that will.

Down side is, not sure there's even a market for old Sideshow OT/PT. On the up side, since there's hardly anything PT being made (other than Maul), maybe those figures will get a better price during the surge of STAR WARS interest coming this Christmas. Might be a good time to unload.

Not prepared to sell for my part. As a fan of all Star Wars eras, and still having some display space at my disposal, i think i'll be happy having figures from all trilogies standing on my shelves. I can't bring myself to consider parting with Bespin Han, Farmboy Luke or Leia even if better versions are on their way.

I can't bring myself to consider parting with Bespin Han, Farmboy Luke or Leia even if better versions are on their way.

I used to be like that but I'm finding it harder and harder to keep collecting repeats. I'm no longer a collector, I'm a hoarder.

It's time to.... let go, Luke.

That said, I would not get rid of everything. In fact, despite those that label me a PT hater, I plan on getting the new SS Maul. So the old Maul should go to a new home. A home like WWEJedi's where he's wanted and fondled for hours and hours. Along with Qui-Gon, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, ROTS Kenobi, any incarnation of Anakin, and Ki-Adi Mundi.

I'm fortunate enough to have multiple display "rooms" so it helps having the same character displayed multiple times without giving the impression my collection has too many of the same. Besides, i'm kind of a nostalgic collector. I put a lot of thoughts in each and every purchase meaning they are tied to specific occasions in my life. Some are gifts, others bought at events. In short, they are much more than fantastic toys in beautifully decorated boxes.

Back