Predictions on total # of Hot Toys "The Force Awakens" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never saw the prequels on cereal boxes and battery packs. Disney overmerches unlike any other. I saw an Avengers guitar sized for babies today.
there were prequel cereal boxes. They had all kinds of crazy Merch. Also you would be shocked to see how much SW licensed stuff there is that most of us never realize existed. I was able to visit the licensing depts area at lucasfilm years ago and there was so much stuff I never knew I existed. It's seems like it's worse now but I don't think so it thing it just seems that way due to the new movie and we had forgot how bad it was before.

I understand the merchandising for SW, it is a given. What I do not like is Disney's huge step backwards with their 3 3/4” line. You can smell the cheapness and corners cut through the packaging. Naturally the price tag has increased!!

It is Hasbro... not Disney.... who controls the toy line direction. Only thing Disney told Hasbro is to not make figures from the EU anymore (last will be Revan in the 6" line). Even then... Hasbro is starting to pump out a lot of SA figures come closer to the movie and after...

Disney WILL oversaturate to the point SW will be MEH..I mean it- we will have ONE NEW SW film every year with tons of merchandise for each film overlapping each other for years....HT will do TFA figures into 2017 by then we will have RO stuff and Ep VIII stuff starting up- think about it. That's just HT.

Conservatively, I think they can easily hit a minimum of about 16-20 figures.

Depending on how deep they want to go, if they want to make background characters, how the line does, how the characters are received, how the movie is, and whether or not Sideshow has the license and will make some background characters... They could go for as many as 30-40+ with just the characters we know of so far.

My predictions with some long shots.

Already revealed:
1. First Order Stormtrooper
2. First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader
3. First Order Stormtrooper Heavy Gunner
4. First Order Snowtrooper
5. First Order Snowtrooper Officer
6. First Order TIE Pilot
7. Kylo Ren

Sure bets:
8. First Order Flametrooper
9. First Order Stormtrooper Lieutenant
10. First Order Stormtrooper Officer
11. First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
12. Captain Phasma
13. Rey (Jakku)
14. Poe Dameron (Pilot)
15. Finn (Jakku)
16. BB-8

Plausible:
17. General Hux
18. Supreme Leader Snoke
19. Finn (Stormtrooper)
20. Poe Dameron (Resistance uniform)
21. Rey (alternate outfit)
22. Ello Asty

Never tell me the odds:
23. Resistance Pilot
24. Resistance Trooper
25. First Order Ground Crew
26. First Order Officer
27. R2-D2
28. C-3P0 (red arm)
29. Luke Skywalker
30. Leia Organa
31. Han Solo
32. Chewbacca
33. Constable Zuvio
34. Maz Kanata
35. Guavaian Enforcer

I think SURE bets will be the two droids and older versions of Han Luke and Leia.

Conservatively, I think they can easily hit a minimum of about 16-20 figures.

Depending on how deep they want to go, if they want to make background characters, how the line does, how the characters are received, how the movie is, and whether or not Sideshow has the license and will make some background characters... They could go for as many as 30-40+ with just the characters we know of so far.

My predictions with some long shots.

Already revealed:
1. First Order Stormtrooper
2. First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader
3. First Order Stormtrooper Heavy Gunner
4. First Order Snowtrooper
5. First Order Snowtrooper Officer
6. First Order TIE Pilot
7. Kylo Ren

Sure bets:
8. First Order Flametrooper
9. First Order Stormtrooper Lieutenant
10. First Order Stormtrooper Officer
11. First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
12. Captain Phasma
13. Rey (Jakku)
14. Poe Dameron (Pilot)
15. Finn (Jakku)
16. BB-8

Plausible:
17. General Hux
18. Supreme Leader Snoke
19. Finn (Stormtrooper)
20. Poe Dameron (Resistance uniform)
21. Rey (alternate outfit)
22. Ello Asty

Never tell me the odds:
23. Resistance Pilot
24. Resistance Trooper
25. First Order Ground Crew
26. First Order Officer
27. R2-D2
28. C-3P0 (red arm)
29. Luke Skywalker
30. Leia Organa
31. Han Solo
32. Chewbacca
33. Constable Zuvio
34. Maz Kanata
35. Guavaian Enforcer

I can see how this list, which looks very realistic, could make completionist collectors terrified. That's easily $15,000-$20,000. I'm so glad I'm not interested in troopers or the rebellion. Right now I only have Kylo Ren (hoping for a Driver sculpt) and a regular stormtrooper on preorder. And I'm still kinda iffy on the stormtrooper (thank you bbts for easy cancellation).

Looking at that list, I'm only 100% certain for Captain Phasma. I want to see more of them first, but I really like what I've read about the Hux and Snoke characters. So those are a strong likely. Under the maybe category, I'd put Old Luke, Rey, Poe, and Finn. I realistically can't get them all, but I'll consider them. And I have no interest at all in old man Solo and friends, which makes decisions easier for me.

I'm hoping that once the smoke clears and the movie is out, HT will get back to announcing figs from the older movies like ROTJ (Emperor) and ROTS (Anakin, Dooku, and Obi-Wan). And if they really want to please fans, make a Grand Moff Tarkin. He is so overlooked in this hobby. I've seen some great customs, but the real deal would be nice. After that, I'll be pretty satisfied.

Honestly the amount of figures being released is so padded by all the Trooper variants. If it weren't for all those this would probably be a 15-20 character line but it'll probably surpass that a bit and be closer to 25-30.

Not too long ago folks complained HT never finished a line when they finish a line folks complain. Who cares make as may as folks will buy :dunno.

I will try to buy every release. Glad flex on this starts February. Will give me chance to finish the older releases.

Look at all the clone troopers we've gotten from sideshow and continue to get. The episode 7 troopers will have more variants than batman and spider man put together. Before Disney hasbro released three or four 6 inch black series per wave. Now there's five and a bunch of variants from Amazon, Walgreens and Kmart. It used to be fun to collect them, now it's just a pain.

I'd guess at least 20 only because the troopers allow multiple variants. Every company that has had this license makes bank on the troopers. The line is going to be a very big line because The movie is no doubt going to be a global mega hit and the HT guys are huge SW fans. Plus as long as $200-$300 action figures are selling well, why stop? They already learned that lesson with Iron Man. While I'm a SW fan, I'm not planning to get the entire line at this point. I'm sure HT will have a pretty smart strategy -- the essentials will have large runs while some of the lesser characters and variants will be exclusives and harder to pass on. Considering this will be the first of a trilogy, not to mention the spinoffs, there are also going to be multiple versions of several characters. So basically if you like Star Wars and collect Hot Toys, prepare to spend a bucketload over the next few years.

I predict:

Rey
Finn
Finn Stormtrooper
Poe
Poe X-Wing
Luke
Maz
BB-8
R2
3-PO
Kylo
Snoke
Phasma
Hux
Stormtrooper
Stormtrooper Commander
Stormtrooper Officer
Snowtrooper Commander
Snowtrooper Officer
Snowtrooper
Flame Trooper
TIE Pilot
Elite TIE Pilot

That's 23.

An Old Jedi Master Luke is 100% certainty. He would be pre ordered instantly, and I am sure countless others who hold the OT so close to their hearts will too.
Even if his role in the film is not how we would envisage, to have an almost lifelike Mark Hamill as an aged Jedi is something I never thought I would see.
The Human figures will hit as the film does so as to keep costumes and accessories under wraps.

I am really looking forward to seeing the new 3 heroes made too, especially Rey in Jakku outfit.

The point of this thread is...? Because HT has announced a ton of troopers, you then predict how many total based on that?

Back