Predictions on total # of Hot Toys "The Force Awakens" figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darth Skywalker

Super Freak
Reaction score
As of now there are SEVEN Force Awakens figures from Hot Toys. All of them villains.

How many figures will they release from this film in total? Including variants.

I am guessing THIRTY total. That would be about $6500.00 for the set.

My guess would be 20. Right around the AOU line. With 30 Characters they are scraping the bottom of the barrel and that point. At 30 we are talking SDCC Exclusive menopausal Leia with ceremonial garb.

They have a boatload of Star Wars and other marvel movies coming fast in the next several years. They will be pressed for time to get everything out on schedule. Most figures coming down the pike for TFA now are human likeness and doll clothes (except for Captain Phasma and Incendiary trooper) so could be more time consuming than all of these shake and bake armors they are pumping out.

Strange thread. What do we win if we guess correctly? When is the cut-off? Who will award me my gift? What is 2nd place prize? Why do you care?

It's interesting to me. When is there too much of a good thing?

Not long ago, we'd get maybe 2, 3 or maybe 4 figures from a favorite movie. Something like Terminator or Alien. Then it was 8 or so figures from Avengers. Some people got the whole set. Then it just kept growing with Avengers 2. Did anyone buy the whole set?

I guess it's not just about guessing how many characters they'll make, but is it going to work for both Hot Toys and collectors? Is it going to burn everyone out? Will there be lasting negative effects on the hobby? Will people drop out? Can people control themselves and not buy everything?

Conservatively, I think they can easily hit a minimum of about 16-20 figures.

Depending on how deep they want to go, if they want to make background characters, how the line does, how the characters are received, how the movie is, and whether or not Sideshow has the license and will make some background characters... They could go for as many as 30-40+ with just the characters we know of so far.

My predictions with some long shots.

Already revealed:
1. First Order Stormtrooper
2. First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader
3. First Order Stormtrooper Heavy Gunner
4. First Order Snowtrooper
5. First Order Snowtrooper Officer
6. First Order TIE Pilot
7. Kylo Ren

Sure bets:
8. First Order Flametrooper
9. First Order Stormtrooper Lieutenant
10. First Order Stormtrooper Officer
11. First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
12. Captain Phasma
13. Rey (Jakku)
14. Poe Dameron (Pilot)
15. Finn (Jakku)
16. BB-8

Plausible:
17. General Hux
18. Supreme Leader Snoke
19. Finn (Stormtrooper)
20. Poe Dameron (Resistance uniform)
21. Rey (alternate outfit)
22. Ello Asty

Never tell me the odds:
23. Resistance Pilot
24. Resistance Trooper
25. First Order Ground Crew
26. First Order Officer
27. R2-D2
28. C-3P0 (red arm)
29. Luke Skywalker
30. Leia Organa
31. Han Solo
32. Chewbacca
33. Constable Zuvio
34. Maz Kanata
35. Guavaian Enforcer

Another thing of note: It's been officially said that the characters we've seen so far, from the trailers to all the merch, are only from the first third of the movie. So there's a whole lot more that we don't even know about yet.

That list is frightening because so many of them seem like givens.

I think HT will make as many as will sell. There is no inherent "limit" to their 'line'... as they've shown with Avengers 2. They made everyone didn't they?

Curious which figures will be “Peg Warmers” when movie is released. It would be interesting to have a poll and get numbers on the amount of figures a collector will purchase from this line. Or even age groups that are presently interested in collecting TFA. How big or small will the numbers be under the “Collect them All” column?

Back in 1999 I was all over the new Prequel Hasbro stuff, having been collecting the Power of the Force since 1995. Today at 40 I’m exhausted with all things Star Wars. I have purchased nothing of TFA (note the the 3 3/4” line look like ****).

With HT’s I am only interested in pieces or maybe even crumbs. Meaning I am only in for Chewbacca and nothing else.

It is going to be 30+, been saying that forever.

There are still another 20 guaranteed figures to come with another ten figures more than likely to be made....

Would not be surprised to see this line pass the $10,000 mark....

I already spent $1800 so far.

Disney is really going to over saturate the market with Star Wars items. They want their m eye back so Star Wars will be on every q-tip and condom they can put it on. I'm a Star Wars fan, and have been since I was seven years old. But I think Dis ey is gong to kill my love of the characters and movies. Fortunately, I think the majority of their focus will be on episode 7. Im seeing BB8 in every store I go into. I'm already sick of the character and I've only see. About a minute of it on screen.

Disney is really going to over saturate the market with Star Wars items. They want their m eye back so Star Wars will be on every q-tip and condom they can put it on. I'm a Star Wars fan, and have been since I was seven years old. But I think Dis ey is gong to kill my love of the characters and movies. Fortunately, I think the majority of their focus will be on episode 7. Im seeing BB8 in every store I go into. I'm already sick of the character and I've only see. About a minute of it on screen.

Already done.

c60586c5afcc75268b6712ebea39933c.jpg

Conservatively, I think they can easily hit a minimum of about 16-20 figures.

Depending on how deep they want to go, if they want to make background characters, how the line does, how the characters are received, how the movie is, and whether or not Sideshow has the license and will make some background characters... They could go for as many as 30-40+ with just the characters we know of so far.

My predictions with some long shots.

Already revealed:
1. First Order Stormtrooper
2. First Order Stormtrooper Squad Leader
3. First Order Stormtrooper Heavy Gunner
4. First Order Snowtrooper
5. First Order Snowtrooper Officer
6. First Order TIE Pilot
7. Kylo Ren

Sure bets:
8. First Order Flametrooper
9. First Order Stormtrooper Lieutenant
10. First Order Stormtrooper Officer
11. First Order Special Forces TIE Pilot
12. Captain Phasma
13. Rey (Jakku)
14. Poe Dameron (Pilot)
15. Finn (Jakku)
16. BB-8

Plausible:
17. General Hux
18. Supreme Leader Snoke
19. Finn (Stormtrooper)
20. Poe Dameron (Resistance uniform)
21. Rey (alternate outfit)
22. Ello Asty

Never tell me the odds:
23. Resistance Pilot
24. Resistance Trooper
25. First Order Ground Crew
26. First Order Officer
27. R2-D2
28. C-3P0 (red arm)
29. Luke Skywalker
30. Leia Organa
31. Han Solo
32. Chewbacca
33. Constable Zuvio
34. Maz Kanata
35. Guavaian Enforcer
Looks like you forgot to include really old Jar Jar.

They were the same way with the prequels, and even Return of the Jedi. And if you're interested in the new films, you may want to think of it this way--merchandising is such a huge aspect of Star Wars revenue, that Disney probably wouldn't have purchased the property to begin with if they didn't think they could capitalize on the merchandise as they are.

I never saw the prequels on cereal boxes and battery packs. Disney overmerches unlike any other. I saw an Avengers guitar sized for babies today.

QFT :exactly:

I'm already sick of seeing the movie and it's not out for 2 months

I understand the merchandising for SW, it is a given. What I do not like is Disney's huge step backwards with their 3 3/4” line. You can smell the cheapness and corners cut through the packaging. Naturally the price tag has increased!!

Back