Predators: The Falconer Maquette

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer Tracker's pose, seems more natural and lively to me. But admittedly this one looks promising aswell.

Love 'em and the size is perfect.

Not everything needs to be some ginormous collectible.

i've come to learn that SS fails at giving the fans what they most............a true Predator 2 piece.

i've come to learn that SS fails at giving the fans what they most............a true Predator 2 piece.

:goodpost::exactly:

I don't understand the hold-up. Granted, Predators maquettes and life-size masks are necessary, but skulls too? What about the long overdue P2 maquette and 1:1 bust? The energy they spent on making new types of stuff could've bene spent on doing what they should've done a while ago.

The whole run of these 3 Predators as 1/5 scale maquettes will make them give or take $800,000. But a 1000 edition run of just 1 1/4 scale maquette would run up a million bucks.
If these 1/4 scale maquettes were not mixed media they could be much cheaper, say $600 each. With an total edition size of 600 for each maquette this totals nearly 1.1 million bucks...I would buy all three at 1/4 scale but won't buy any at 1/5.
But they seem to want to give collectors what they don't want first, hope they buy it, and maybe release the most requested stuff later.
No doubt these 1/5 scale statues are nice though. For what they are.

The whole run of these 3 Predators as 1/5 scale maquettes will make them give or take $800,000. But a 1000 edition run of just 1 1/4 scale maquette would run up a million bucks.
If these 1/4 scale maquettes were not mixed media they could be much cheaper, say $600 each. With an total edition size of 600 for each maquette this totals nearly 1.1 million bucks...I would buy all three at 1/4 scale but won't buy any at 1/5.
But they seem to want to give collectors what they don't want first, hope they buy it, and maybe release the most requested stuff later.

Of course, every Star Wars fan is still waiting for the Premium Format Storm Trooper and when can we expect it to come out? No damn idea. They know that a customer will always buy something that is related to what they really want so why not cash in they ask. A Predator 2 maquette might not come but hopefully it will.

Last edited:
I think SS is trying to rope in new collectors and the best way to do that is to ride the movie hype.

They know the seasoned collectors will buy the pred 2 stuff or even pred 2 1:1 bust so there is no rush to get those out.

You also have to take into account that these new Preds lack a lot of detail when compared to the original 2, so that makes it easier on them,as you can tell the paint app on the first maquette doesnt really show much detail in paint app, but everyone knows that SS is more of a business to themselves instead of giving the fans what they want these days. They have changed so much from when they first started, and thats a pro for them, but a con for us.

Of course, every Star Wars fan is still waiting for the Storm Trooper and when can we expect it to come out? No damn idea. They know that a customer will always buy something that is related to what they really want so why not cash in they ask. A Predator 2 maquette might not come but hopefully it will.

yea but SS cranks out all kinds of storm troopers and storm trooper related items, not to mention SS cranks out a hell of a lot more SW items than they do Pred items, so it keeps those fans occupied, where as SS rarely puts out Pred items, and the ones they do are average looking at best most of the time. Pred fans have only gotten 1 Predator 1/4 Maquette in their whole existence, so theres a huge difference b/w the licenses and what fans want and what they get. How many 1/4, 1:1,and 1/2 pieces do SW fans have? The SW fans are way too needy imo, and thats putting it lightly :wink1:.

Damnit I meant to write Premium Format after Storm Trooper, that screwed up the whole thing.

Back