Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just managed to buy one for $245 shipped, so looking forward to finally seeing it in hand. I'm a little worried about the lack of posability and the fact you can't bend the torso at all (which would seem to severely limit the kinds of badass poses you can do with him), but hopefully I can find something I like.

Snagged one of those for $150CAD last week. Absolutely love it. One of my favourite figs.

I just managed to buy one for $245 shipped, so looking forward to finally seeing it in hand. I'm a little worried about the lack of posability and the fact you can't bend the torso at all (which would seem to severely limit the kinds of badass poses you can do with him), but hopefully I can find something I like.

Congrats men! :rock :rock :rock

Snagged one of those for $150CAD last week. Absolutely love it. One of my favourite figs.

Congrats. There’s still dozens of poses you can get this guy in. I’m sure you’ll be happy with it. It’s a really cool figure.

Poseability isn’t huge on any of these Predator figures. But you can definitely get some amazing poses out of them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen some really nice pics in here, and of course it wouldn't be the first HT figure that you weren't able to put in a cool crouching pose the way you'd like (Alien, Spidey, Batman, etc). ;)

Hopefully upgrading with German Beast's kit will make up for that, and I also checked with Danoscustoms who said he'd probably do another run of his fantastic P1 mask next month.

Yeah, the P1 conversion kit would take this figure to new heights. Even if HT does make a JH 2.0 some time, you probably wouldn’t need it being that I’m certain they’d just recycle this figure anyway and simply make the necessary corrections to distinguish it as being the P1 JH. Although I personally think this figure looks great as is without any alterations. The main reason I balk at fully making this a P1 JH is because I also do want to use this guy as the actual Classic Predator to pair with Berserker to represent Predators. So I just use the regular mask that he came with to sort of represent both JH and Classic, and have him just sort of be a generic JH Clan Predator. I have him displayed on the jungle dio base that came with the original JH figure, and he looks awesome.

I really like Dano’s mask from the pictures I’ve seen of it. One of the best options out there. Though for me, I personally think the markings on it are a bit too over embellished for my taste.

So, let's say I am looking for the best representation of the predator from P1. is it the MMS-90 original predator or is it the MMS-162 classic predator with the GB P1 upgrade kit, beads, bloody skull/spine, & a Gort/GB/Dano P1 bio mask? The MMS-90 cost more, but the MMS-162 w/ the added parts would bump it up to more than an MMS-90 on its own. However, i like the other extras with the MMS-162 (especially the base, SE skull and hologram feature).

i am sure this has been discussed previously, but i could not find a specific comparison. thanks.

I’d go the Classic Predator (MMS162) route with a P1 conversion kit. Classic Predator is a way better overall figure than the original JH.

I think I need to rewatch Predators again. I remember thinking it was pretty decent that first time in the theater (and much better than any of the other sequels), but haven't seen it again since.

I enjoyed Predators myself. Even though I like P2 (can’t decide if I like P1 or P2 better), Predators feels more like a direct sequel to P1 than P2 does.

And while I thought The Predator was decent, I think I probably enjoyed Predators more after letting The Predator sink in. I just really like the whole jungle setting when it comes to Predators.

While I'm at it.
20170525_012321.jpg

Great pictures!! :rock :rock

Does anyone know if the metal blades are a weak point on this figure? I'm able to buy one of these, but the seller says the blades are broken. At first he said they were plastic, but when I pointed out that they should be metal, he said they were metal, but plastic inside the gauntlet and that's where it was broken. He also couldn't guarantee that the lights were working, because he never put the batteries in... But didn't this one come with batteries installed already, with the removable plastic strips?

Right now I'm thinking of waiting for another one, because this seems a bit iffy.

Was this from a Dutch seller? If so I probably bought it. Glued the blades in the unused position as in a still from the movie. Payed 100 euros. Could not be happier.

This guy is one of my favorite figures....partially because I bought it while in Akihabara, Japan on vacation......

Hes got great presence....only issue is I cannot decide on mask on/off for him...

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

Was this from a Dutch seller? If so I probably bought it. Glued the blades in the unused position as in a still from the movie. Payed 100 euros. Could not be happier.

It probably is that same one then. Good for you for talking him down to 100 and congrats on your purchase! :rock

Did you paint the beads in the dreads to lighten them up? On mine (and most of the stock ones I’ve seen), the beads are a very dull gold color; almost black.

He is stock.....
The gold is very pronouced.....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back