Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:lecture I'd like to know how to tighten the neck up so the head doesn't come off so easily. I think that was a common probably with this particular figure.

Didn't know that there's this common head joint problem with this figure as mine's pretty okay (I just tweaked the pose an hour ago). Maybe it's a batch thing?

PS love your sig, Snake :) Happy New Year, guys! :duff

Didn't know that there's this common head joint problem with this figure as mine's pretty okay (I just tweaked the pose an hour ago). Maybe it's a batch thing?

PS love your sig, Snake :) Happy New Year, guys! :duff

Thanks man.

Maybe I'm wrong about it being common but I got the this thing a few months after it was first released and I remember people replying to me saying that it was a common thing.

Maybe I can use saran wrap for the ball joint?

Thanks man.

Maybe I'm wrong about it being common but I got the this thing a few months after it was first released and I remember people replying to me saying that it was a common thing.

Maybe I can use saran wrap for the ball joint?

That could work :) It's not gonna harm your figure as well. Perhaps a teflon tape used to tighten pipe connections could also do the trick?

EDIT: And could it be possible that the earlier production batch of this figure has this problem? I got mine way late.

That could work :) It's not gonna harm your figure as well. Perhaps a teflon tape used to tighten pipe connections could also do the trick?

EDIT: And could it be possible that the earlier production batch of this figure has this problem? I got mine way late.

I remember a few people saying they had the same issue but got another head off the secondary market and it didn't have that issue.

The head will hold positions easily and doesn't just tumble off, but if you mess with it too much it easily comes out of the socket :dunno

I'm in the process of scoring all the bone trophies and arm ties from the first 1987 Predator with a member here but I'm waiting for them to get back to me :impatient:

EDIT: The fellow freak and I worked out a deal for the Trophies and Arm Ties! So I guess I should be getting it in maybe two weeks since their in the UK :clap

Next on my list is to get a spare non battle damaged bio mask and giving it film accurate lens with some black acrylic plastic sheets.

Last edited:
I remember a few people saying they had the same issue but got another head off the secondary market and it didn't have that issue.

The head will hold positions easily and doesn't just tumble off, but if you mess with it too much it easily comes out of the socket :dunno

I'm in the process of scoring all the bone trophies and arm ties from the first 1987 Predator with a member here but I'm waiting for them to get back to me :impatient:

EDIT: The fellow freak and I worked out a deal for the Trophies and Arm Ties! So I guess I should be getting it in maybe two weeks since their in the UK :clap

Next on my list is to get a spare non battle damaged bio mask and giving it film accurate lens with some black acrylic plastic sheets.

My original head on the classic pred was loose as well. I sourced a new neck post on ebay and it remedied the issue.

Yea I remember more than a few people having the neck issue where the heads on their classic would easily pop off. Glad I never had that issue on mine. And I've removed his head ages times to put on the bone trophies and do other modifications.

Yea I remember more than a few people having the neck issue where the heads on their classic would easily pop off. Glad I never had that issue on mine. And I've removed his head ages times to put on the bone trophies and do other modifications.

My classic had neck issues. Opened my new Hot Toys Classic box and found the head loose inside the container. After trying many things, I eventually bought a new neck and it worked for me, but I saw that it did not resolve another member's problem. Not sure if I can post a link here, but search this at Ebay and it should come up... HOT TOYS PREDATORS 2010 CLASSIC PREDATOR 1/6 NECK POST + BALL JOINT NEW
Mine arrived to Texas in about 3 days.

In my searching for a fix, I also saw that someone applied a coat of clear nail polish to the neck joint (ball), let it dry, repeated over and over again, until the fit was tight.

Last edited:
I just got the arm ties and trophies from the MMS90 in the mail and I'm throwing them on the classic. Can someone tell me how to get the arm ties on this? The loops are way too small to fit, what did you guys do?

Can someone tell me what material to buy to give the biomask movie accurate reflective lens? :dunno

I'm searching on my own and I just can't quite find what I need.

Hmm, ive made a couple in my time and sometimes id buy a sheet of shiney black self adhesive stick on paper, cut it to fit and then gently persuade the paper into the holes where the visor were and made it fit flush. and the other time was more awkward, i drilled out the already existing eyes and i used the plastic that comes from dark soda bottles and use that as the visor. The plastic method is better, and it always catches the light and reflects but you need to perform surgery

Hmm, ive made a couple in my time and sometimes id buy a sheet of shiney black self adhesive stick on paper, cut it to fit and then gently persuade the paper into the holes where the visor were and made it fit flush. and the other time was more awkward, i drilled out the already existing eyes and i used the plastic that comes from dark soda bottles and use that as the visor. The plastic method is better, and it always catches the light and reflects but you need to perform surgery

I can't find proper plastic, did you order some or was it something you already had?

I don't mind surgery, I kind of planned on buying a separate bio anyway.

I can't find proper plastic, did you order some or was it something you already had?
Ive made about 9 1:1 bio masks over the last 6-7 years and when i would make the p1 types of mask id buy a 2 liter bottle of beer or cider. Id drink the beer or cider then use the plastic as a the visor

i did the same with the mini bio mask, buy a bottle of some kinda drink thats in a dark plastic bottle and wash it out, cut and stick on the inside

cheap and cheerful

dscf1480d.jpg

dscf1530h.jpg

was from a bottle. it might not be your desired look but it did it for me :p

Back