Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bored of waiting for this figure now, I cant even afford him this month either but it would be nice to know that he's ready for delivery yet no signs of anything yet :gah:

Anyone manage to pry off the set of mandibles under the helmet? I can't figure out how to get it off.

Someone on here had done it. He pried the mandibles out and then heated the mask up with a hair dryer, then held it against the original sculpts face until it cooled. The hair dryer trick actually worked well with the original P1 mask to make it fit better.

greygoose said:
I don't think their meant to come off.

Of course it's not. That's not the point.

Someone on here had done it. He pried the mandibles out and then heated the mask up with a hair dryer, then held it against the original sculpts face until it cooled. The hair dryer trick actually worked well with the original P1 mask to make it fit better.

Thanks. It's the prying off part that's bugging me at the moment. Seems to be glued tightly in place.

Of course it's not. That's not the point.

Thanks. It's the prying off part that's bugging me at the moment. Seems to be glued tightly in place.

Try leaving it in boiled water for about 3 or 4 minutes. That usually works great for these kind of things.

:exactly: I called Alter Ego earlier this past week to inquire about when exactly the second batch of jack sparrow would ship and they informed me I would get shipping confirmation by Friday. Well.....Friday came and went and I received absolutely nothing :mad:. I just sent an email to them yesterday stating that if they intended on shipping and charging BOTH my classic predator order and jack sparrow at the same time, I would only want the classic predator.

I just think this is crazy, all this hassle to save what, $5-$8? Not worth it, even BBTS is now shipping their Jack Sparrows. If it doesnt ship by Monday, I am canceling my order through them (and they will NOT be charging me for late cancelation come hell or high water) and I will be switching my business to BBTS.
Yeah, the cost of saving a few bucks is getting less and less worthwhile. Sideshow shipped their first orders for this guy just 11 days after he was officially released overseas. Based on their most recent estimate, our orders from Alter Ego will be somewhere north of 50 days, and that's for day-one pre-orders. Worst $5 I ever saved.

I pre-ordered from Toy Anxiety and i got my shipping notice on January 13

Looks like my Pred was shipped directly from SSC because the origin of my tracking is in California - TA is located in Nevada.

I hoping my tracking will be updated tonight saying it has been processed through our Boston , MA facility .

heres where i am now , due to MLK day

Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 15, 2012, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 15, 2012, 12:57 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 13, 2012

Alright, word DIRECTLY from Alter Ego:

Hi M.,

I apologize for the confusion the Jack Sparrows did start shipping on Friday, and they will be continuing to ship today and tomorrow, with any stragglers going out Wednesday. The Classic Predators are scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) and should start shipping on Wednesday after any remaining Jacks.

Well, we will see about that. :impatient:

I pre-ordered from Toy Anxiety and i got my shipping notice on January 13

Looks like my Pred was shipped directly from SSC because the origin of my tracking is in California - TA is located in Nevada.

I hoping my tracking will be updated tonight saying it has been processed through our Boston , MA facility .

heres where i am now , due to MLK day

Depart USPS Sort Facility, January 15, 2012, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Processed through USPS Sort Facility, January 15, 2012, 12:57 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
Electronic Shipping Info Received, January 13, 2012

i ordered mine from ta, got the same shipping notice,shipped from ca.

Alright, word DIRECTLY from Alter Ego:

Hi M.,

I apologize for the confusion the Jack Sparrows did start shipping on Friday, and they will be continuing to ship today and tomorrow, with any stragglers going out Wednesday. The Classic Predators are scheduled to arrive tomorrow (Tuesday) and should start shipping on Wednesday after any remaining Jacks.

Well, we will see about that. :impatient:
Thanks for the update, Mojomark.

Gah, still eagerly awaiting my reply from Sideshow CS regarding the replacement.
A two-week delay extended by UPS' inability to deliver at a decent time (not to mention their inability to take a hint) and my Classic arrives with a loose neck. It was easy to get over a week ago, since I didn't think it would take more than that to get this replacement thing started... but now I feel like I'm going into HT withdrawal. My mind finally feels like it's time to open and enjoy a new Predator, yet it can't happen. Next thing you know, I'll be breaking out in night sweats, fevers, and whatever other symptoms are usually associated with being denied a fix. :lol

Gah, still eagerly awaiting my reply from Sideshow CS regarding the replacement.
A two-week delay extended by UPS' inability to deliver at a decent time (not to mention their inability to take a hint) and my Classic arrives with a loose neck. It was easy to get over a week ago, since I didn't think it would take more than that to get this replacement thing started... but now I feel like I'm going into HT withdrawal. My mind finally feels like it's time to open and enjoy a new Predator, yet it can't happen. Next thing you know, I'll be breaking out in night sweats, fevers, and whatever other symptoms are usually associated with being denied a fix. :lol

Open the box a little and take a deep breath of that new figure smell.:chillpill:

slight mod on the upper lip..thinking about repositioning the eyes a bit closer..hhmmnn..
IMG_0034.jpg

IMG_0032.jpg

I think the head is supposed to be a little looser than we're used to, because it makes it easier to install the plug for the bio LED. I wouldn't send it back unless the head just falls off the peg.

Back