Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When hot toys makes an announcement like this

Does it mean the Classic Predator Releasing Next Month (November) instead of January?

"On 3rd to 16th November, Hot Toys will be in Taiwan for Beast Kingdom Gallery.

On this occasion, Hot Toys will allow you to buy some preview limited figures like Captain America, Jack Sparrow DX or Classic Predator.

Stay tuned for more news about Beast Kingdom Gallery."

319175_227830877278910_138228759572456_680825_2005133955_n.jpg

I'm pretty sure we'll see that figure next year :yess:

And it'll be twice as expensive as the 1:6 version...HILARIOUS!

(plus, not as accurate as NECA)

And people will still buy it!:lol Might surprise us with a 1/4 P2 first.:naughty

Cool, where have you read news about that? It's the first time I read about it. But looking at the 1/6 prices I don't even want to think about the 1/4 prices for Hot Toys :gah: . If they do P1 that will probably be the only one I'll buy (oh crap, we all say that on every first figure we buy... :( )

TDKR and Avengers announcements:
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys
:wink1:

Does it mean the Classic Predator Releasing Next Month (November) instead of January?

On this occasion, Hot Toys will allow you to buy some preview limited figures like Captain America, Jack Sparrow DX or Classic Predator.

That's very interesting. I would imagine that all of those figures in the "preview limited" batch would have to be figures that have gone into production at that point already but whose quantities aren't yet enough for mass release. Meaning, all three of those figures will likely see mass release in November/December.

Well it does say "On This Occasion" and "Preview Limited Figures" so that to me sounds like you can buy one of these in advance, proto's maybe? Not the final release.

As much as i want this figure, HT can't jump back and forth between release dates, people budget for the time frame given, i'm budgetted for Dec-Jan.

Sort of agree on the jumping release dates.

Its a 50/50 thing. You want everything mow as a avid collector but as an adult with bills you need to plan ahead and not have a credit card scare.

(to late for me though)

TDKR and Avengers announcements:
https://www.facebook.com/hottoys
:wink1:

Great...so one day soon Hot Toys is going to render my 1/6 figures obsolete and then demand more money lol. :whip:thud:

I won't like it....but if the 1/4 figures are really that impressive, I guess I'll begrudgingly hand over my wallet. Life savings....wallet...whatever

Last edited:
Just posted this in the Marvel section, but I figured it would be of interest here, as well. Look at what I came across when checking out HT's FaceBook update from October 3rd:

Good news for Iron Man fans!
We are pleased to announce that we will be relaunching the Iron Man – Mark I Limited Edition Collectible Figurine, bringing to fans with more movie-accurate and newly developed head sculpt with our latest sculpting and painting technique, as well as more value-added accessories!

Besides, we have noted that there are counterfeit Mark I figures in the market, so here is a kind reminder for fans to pay special attention to it!

Please stay tuned with us for update and show your support for the authentic collectible products!

I think most people already knew about this, but uh... it's an updated version of something they've already done (give that idea a chance to sink in). You know, that wonderful thing we never thought would actually happen. It's not like releasing the Classic Predator after P1, because they at least had the "seperate characters" alibi there. This is literally an upgrade of an existing figure.

I'm pumped. Not necessarily for the Mk 1 update, but for what it implies in HT's future ;). I think our hopes and prayers will finally be answered. Hintity-hint-hint...

I don't know if I'll commit myself totally to the 1/4 scale figures. I'll probably be very selective with that scale due to space and price.

Back