Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i may be wrong but the ht classic predators dreads seem a little bit too short and the ht shadow predator dreads seem a little bit too long.but both still look great.

Lots of accessories with the Classic Predator. Where's the best place to buy one (meaning the best deal)? Always amazing how detailed Hot Toys pieces are.
So long as you can do without the exclusive, I'm always partial to Cornerstore Comics or Alter Ego Comics. The two of them always have the same price, so I would choose the one that offers you the best price on shipping and tax. Alter Ego is out of Ohio while Cornerstore is out of California; pick the one that isn't in your state but is closest to you :)

i may be wrong but the ht classic predators dreads seem a little bit too short and the ht shadow predator dreads seem a little bit too long.but both still look great.

Classic's is accurate to P1, not Classic himself. P1 had these short dreads and Classic had long avp locks.

Shadow... seems to be perfect.

just preordered this. wasn't going to, but who knows if hot toys is gonna redo P1, so this is good for now.

just preordered this. wasn't going to, but who knows if hot toys is gonna redo P1, so this is good for now.
How come people are under the assumption that Hot Toys is going to "redo P1" anytime soon? They've yet to redo a single one of their Predators, and the only reason we're getting a second figure of the "original" Predator so soon after is simply because he showed up in the 2010 Predators film. Their original Predator figure was just released in the Spring of 2009. Now we get this figure in the first months of 2012. As similar as they are, what could Hot Toys possible change to make it a third release?

I guess they could package him with the bone trophies and some unique accessories (strung up skinned human body, anyone?) and make it next year's exclusive, but the Lost Predators series seems to be serving them well for that purpose.

Predator is a famous character and huge seller, their first P1 wasn't all that great, new improved paint and sculpt.

^ That would be why people are assuming they will make a much improved figure in a few years.

Cleaner isn't battle damaged any worse than the original, and P2 BD has the non-BD arm. But the point is, there is a precedent for re-releasing Predators. And Hot Toys has now re-released updates of Dark Knight Batman, Begins suit Batman (twice re-released), Superman Returns Superman, Ledger Joker (soon to be re-released again apparently), Mark II Iron Man, Mark III Iron Man, and probably others in some form or fashion. If something is popular and can sell, HT may well re-release, and P1 Pred is extremely popular. That's probably why some are thinking (hoping?) HT will re-do P1 Pred. Wouldn't shock me if they did at all, though I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket and am definitely picking up Classic Pred.

Cleaner isn't battle damaged any worse than the original, and P2 BD has the non-BD arm. But the point is, there is a precedent for re-releasing Predators. And Hot Toys has now re-released updates of Dark Knight Batman, Begins suit Batman (twice re-released), Superman Returns Superman, Ledger Joker (soon to be re-released again apparently), Mark II Iron Man, Mark III Iron Man, and probably others. If something is popular and can sell, HT may well re-release. That's probably why some are thinking (hoping?) HT will re-do P1 Pred. Wouldn't shock me if they did at all, though I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket and am definitely picking up Classic Pred.

Dont forget Jack Sparrow. And its a sure bet they make a new Captain America, Thor and Iron Man from Avengers as well.

I wouldnt be surprised if they do a remake of the original P1. Maybe as a DX down the road after this Classic sells out.

They won't redo P1 unless there will be another Predator movie.

And honestly? I don't even see a point of doing yet another P1 as this new one is preety accurate [just buy a necklace or two and voila].

Cleaner isn't battle damaged any worse than the original, and P2 BD has the non-BD arm. But the point is, there is a precedent for re-releasing Predators. And Hot Toys has now re-released updates of Dark Knight Batman, Begins suit Batman (twice re-released), Superman Returns Superman, Ledger Joker (soon to be re-released again apparently), Mark II Iron Man, Mark III Iron Man, and probably others in some form or fashion. If something is popular and can sell, HT may well re-release, and P1 Pred is extremely popular. That's probably why some are thinking (hoping?) HT will re-do P1 Pred. Wouldn't shock me if they did at all, though I'm not putting all my eggs in that basket and am definitely picking up Classic Pred.
Most of those re-releases came about because characters re-appeared in movie sequels, thus giving Hot Toys an opportunity to do the figure again under a new license. That, or it acts as an chance for them to recycle a unique mold and to make it more cost effective for them to have produced in the first place. The original P1 mold already got recycled for Guardian Predator, and Classic's mold has actually already been released in the form of Shadow Predator. So they've already double-dipped on both those molds.

The Dark Knight Batman and Joker are really the only two instances where Hot Toys completely redid the same character under the same license within a year or two. Predator may be popular, but it ain't no Dark Knight $1B worldwide popular. The Audience for Dark Knight figures has to be exponentially larger than that for Predators. Again, maybe they retool it slightly and change out the accessories to be released as an event exclusive like they just did their Batman Begins figure, but that's really the only way I see there being a third original Predator release for at least five years. Just my guess though, and anyone else's is as good as mine.

Even if Hot Toys did remake P1 within the next year or so, sculpt wise it would be the same as Classic. The extra bits and bobs like the bone necklaces would be the only differences.

Back