Predators - 1/6th scale Classic Predator Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gah, this guy really looks great... But I really want to wait and see what HT does with the new original Pred 1/6... I hope it'll be out this year.

Gah, this guy really looks great... But I really want to wait and see what HT does with the new original Pred 1/6... I hope it'll be out this year.
If Hot Toys is going to work their way back through the predator licenses in 1:6 scale, logic would dictate they'd do the oldest first and the newest last. So if there is a new 1:6 scale P1, it'll be years from now. They intentionally saved the original predator for last the first go around, and they'll do the same again.

If Hot Toys is going to work their way back through the predator licenses in 1:6 scale, logic would dictate they'd do the oldest first and the newest last. So if there is a new 1:6 scale P1, it'll be years from now. They intentionally saved the original predator for last the first go around, and they'll do the same again.

This.

The only P1 we'll be seeing from Hot Toys for a while is the 1/4. Doubt they're very keen on returning to 1/6 when the original came out in 2009 and a lookalike character came out in 2011.

No disrespect, but you realize you are missing out on a great figure due to OCD. I totally respect that you prefer a totally screen accuate Pred, but in the end this guy really looks great and is a nice addition to a collection.
It's not OCD. Figure's headsculpt is very inaccurate, as are most of their Predator figures.

I'm not asking for 100% screen accuracy, but I'd like HT's sculptor to put a fair amount of effort into the accuracy of his Predator head sculpts.

I agree that this is a great Predator figure, and I would like to purchase it..but I really think the head sculpt is close to, if not the most important thing to get accurate..so I'm sticking with the more accurate stuff for now.

Due to the 1/4 scale announcement, this is a great time for Hot Toys to start over and do things right, make them as accurate and beautiful as they can. HT has great sculpting abilities and paint apps..so more accurate head sculpts are possible.

I'm not asking for 100% screen accuracy, but I'd like HT's sculptor to put a fair amount of effort into the accuracy of his Predator head sculpts.

That's... pretty much what we got.

IMG_6485.jpg

The biomasks look seriously seriously good this time out. I had signed up for the Baloo one (in his old thread) but I haven't re-signed for the CREGcustoms collaboration as I now don't think theres anywhere near as much need.

The biomasks look seriously seriously good this time out. I had signed up for the Baloo one (in his old thread) but I haven't re-signed for the CREGcustoms collaboration as I now don't think theres anywhere near as much need.
There is no need. The masks look stellar. My only gripe is the visor; I wish they'd insert an actual mesh piece instead of just painting the mask black in the eye sockets. In the right light it cheapens the look:

Still enjoying the Classic predator figure over here and glad I'm not too picky about any inaccuracies compared to the Classic seen in the movie.

Now, bring on the 1/4 P1. :yess:

It's funny reading that people are still in the belief that a new 1/6 P1 is on the horizon. It's really not. It may happen one day but it will be years down the line. The next P1 will be the 1/4 which is about a good year away or more...Then there's all the older Preds to revisit first.

In conclusion, if anyone is not getting Classic based on their belief that they will have a brand new and accurate 1/6 P1 delivered to them by Santa this Christmas, they should have a rethink and buy Classic; the best HT Pred to date.

"good posting"!

I cringe every time i read somebody say they will wait for the new P1. Because we dont even know if we are getting one at all and if we are it will be years. People must think they are going to live forever because they keep saying they will wait for things we know will not be out for years but will not buy ones that are out now.

And i type some variation of this every time the topic arises

Hot Toy's do not go down in value over time they only go up. If you buy a Classic now and decide you want the new P1 you can sell it and make your money back and possibly profit all the while having the luxury of a Classic Predator in your collection.

So buy this mudda.

Possibly, Battle Damaged version 2.0 with LED activated glowing blood!

It's funny reading that people are still in the belief that a new 1/6 P1 is on the horizon. It's really not. It may happen one day but it will be years down the line. The next P1 will be the 1/4 which is about a good year away or more...Then there's all the older Preds to revisit first.

In conclusion, if anyone is not getting Classic based on their belief that they will have a brand new and accurate 1/6 P1 delivered to them by Santa this Christmas, they should have a rethink and buy Classic; the best HT Pred to date.

:exactly::lecture:lecture:lecture

:exactly:

I would love a P2 to come first and it looks like it will be out this year.
I hope its end of the year however so I can find a way to get it maybe. Chances are slim though as I also want the Alien Warrior in Summer.

It's funny reading that people are still in the belief that a new 1/6 P1 is on the horizon. It's really not.
It may happen one day but it will be years down the line.

WAIT! Wait... I can see it... Yeeeeaaah... I can see it right there... The Ultimate P1 12" figure from Hot Toys released in 2013!!! :yess: :monkey3:monkey3:monkey3

It's not OCD. Figure's headsculpt is very inaccurate, as are most of their Predator figures.

I agree that this is a great Predator figure, and I would like to purchase it..but I really think the head sculpt is close to, if not the most important thing to get accurate..so I'm sticking with the more accurate stuff for now.

Due to the 1/4 scale announcement, this is a great time for Hot Toys to start over and do things right, make them as accurate and beautiful as they can. HT has great sculpting abilities and paint apps..so more accurate head sculpts are possible.

aetbpy.gif

Good to see some guys with common sense not automatically jumping to conclusions that we will see another P1 anytime soon.

Those passing on the classic for now can pick the revised predator 1up along with a new endoskeleton, battle damaged T2, police shootout T1 in notanytimesoon land. Or they can pick the classic up next year for double the price.:dunno

Back